PDA

View Full Version : Milk and other laptop gurus

kycat2007
11-19-2007, 01:57 PM
My sister asked me to check out this Black Friday ad for this Dell.

http://bfads.net/

I thought it was an ok pc as they probably will not be doing anything too high tech.

What say you?

I saw the Mac ad where it said some people were having issues still with Vista. Is it better to go with XP?

Best Buy has a Sony for the same price looks like similar specs but you have to fight the crowds.

kycat2007
11-19-2007, 05:21 PM
bumpty bump

kycat2007
11-19-2007, 08:13 PM
I can do this all day long bump bump bump

JohnE
11-19-2007, 08:18 PM
I'd be interested in hearing the input on this, too.

kycat2007
11-19-2007, 08:27 PM
dell $399 dual core 1 gig memory and dvd burner what say you?

No Skeez
11-19-2007, 08:52 PM
I would be a bit concerned with the quality of the components. Is it a good "deal" if it only lasts you a year or two? That's just been the general consensus I've heard about the "budget" lap tops out there, only lasting a year or two before something goes out. My brother bought an HP desktop two years ago, and he's so frustrated with it already. It wasn't even their entry level model, as he paid well over $1000 for it.

I just pulled the trigger on a MacBook Pro, and so far, it's worth every penny! Their new Leopard OS has some cool features that the previous versions did not. I know it's been beaten to death on here, but if you can justify spending the money, Macs are worth every penny. If not, you should be able to get a few good years out of a PC for that price. Just make sure to back up all your data frequently!

sdesmond
11-19-2007, 10:04 PM
dell $399 dual core 1 gig memory and dvd burner what say you?

You get what you pay for.. I live by my Dell. I would never have another kind of computer. I didnt get the bottom of the barrell PC either. I think Dell is a great computer company... They are kind of struggling right now so the low cost computers may be a little cheap. I dont know if I would roll like that. Atleast get like a 3 year warrenty with it in case something does go out.