PDA

View Full Version : Robbed!

erkoehler
11-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Couldn't believe it, went out to my truck this morning at about 6am and found my truck completely ripped apart! They took over 3,000 dollars in stuff from my truck......:mad:

lanier92prostar
11-16-2007, 10:54 PM
We had that problem a couple of years ago in our neighborhood. The cops finally caught the robbers and the people robbed got most of their stuff back. The police told us not the leave any valuables in sight because the robbers will know there are other valuables in the vehicle also. I keep my truck outside since the boat is in the garage so I am anal about bringing anything indoors. Sorry about your stuff, what is missing? What did they tear up on your truck?

TOO-TALL
11-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Thats Sucks.....

Hope you catch the bums.

erkoehler
11-16-2007, 10:57 PM
They got a GPS unit, 2 barefoot suits, some ropes, tool box, digital camera, etc.

Sodar
11-16-2007, 10:58 PM
That sucks dude! I remember when I was in it, you keep ALOT of NICE watersports stuff in there!

erkoehler
11-16-2007, 11:00 PM
That sucks dude! I remember when I was in it, you keep ALOT of NICE watersports stuff in there!

Not anymore!

Luckily I had just removed my laptop, wakeboard setups, and slalom skis.

Sodar
11-16-2007, 11:03 PM
Not anymore!

Luckily I had just removed my laptop, wakeboard setups, and slalom skis.

How did they get in?

erkoehler
11-16-2007, 11:04 PM
How did they get in?

Not 100% sure, but I think they went through the rear hatch.

Sodar
11-16-2007, 11:06 PM
Was it unlocked?

erkoehler
11-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Not unlocked to the best of my knowledge. :(

Sodar
11-16-2007, 11:20 PM
I got stuff stolen a few years back, but I left my doors unlocked by accident. It was a bunch of kids, because they took my CDs and then tossed my owners manual, registration, etc. out into the driveway.

erkoehler
11-16-2007, 11:23 PM
I got stuff stolen a few years back, but I left my doors unlocked by accident. It was a bunch of kids, because they took my CDs and then tossed my owners manual, registration, etc. out into the driveway.

they did leave all paperwork, and left me my ID but took all other cards.

milkmania
11-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Couldn't believe it, went out to my truck this morning at about 6am and found my truck completely ripped apart! They took over 3,000 dollars in stuff from my truck......:mad:

was it the Durango?
do you still have it?

erkoehler
11-16-2007, 11:28 PM
was it the Durango?
do you still have it?

Yes, the Durango.......

Leroy
11-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Sorry to hear this Eric, hope they catch them and get your stuff back.

Footin
11-16-2007, 11:40 PM
Do you wish they would have taken the whole truck?

erkoehler
11-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Do you wish they would have taken the whole truck?

Kind of worried they may be coming back for that tonight!

Lennyp04
11-16-2007, 11:56 PM
Do I hear the makings of an all nighter. CATCH THAT SOB!!!!!!

east tx skier
11-16-2007, 11:58 PM
Happened to me in my mom's open air garage this past summer. Stupidly left it unlocked by mistake. Got my Dell Axim and my ipod fm transmitter. Hope you have better luck getting your gear back.

BrianM
11-17-2007, 12:32 AM
Sorry man. I hate thieves :mad:

WAT8415
11-17-2007, 12:46 AM
Sorry to hear that, luckily they didn’t break the any glass, most of the time that is the most expensive and troublesome part of an auto break in. I have a carport so both of my vehicles are exposed, so after the second time I installed a camera system that watches my car port and curb side parking since I sell surveillance equipment for a living.

Monte
11-17-2007, 01:49 AM
I hate that Erk! Nothing worse than a D*NM THEIF...

JohnE
11-17-2007, 08:27 AM
That would really piss me off! Sorry for you. Homeowners insurance should cover it, though. Are you SURE the wakeboard gear wasn't in the truck?;) JK with that part.

atlfootr
11-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Srry for ya dude, that's a ***** :noface:
What's your deductibal(sp) regarding your hm ownrs insurance coverage:confused:

Ric
11-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Erk, I hear that those gps units are a real attractant to the thieves. they like stuff they can grab quick. Your other stuff may have simply been a bonus.

One of our neighbors shot and killed 2 thieves this week who broke into his nextdoor neighbor's house.

TMCNo1
11-17-2007, 10:04 AM
That's aweful Erk, hope you catch the culperts!

WTRSK1R
11-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Eric,
Sorry to hear that. Good luck with the insurance claim. Long time ago, it happened to my brother, and they literally tore the stereo right out of the dash. Repairing the vehicle was a nightmare since it looked like they practically used a crow bar to get it out.

bcampbe7
11-17-2007, 10:26 AM
EOne of our neighbors shot and killed 2 thieves this week who broke into his nextdoor neighbor's house.

I had to read that twice to be sure I read it correctly!

More States should take Texas' approach to handling criminals. Will your neighbor be charged with anything?

Ric
11-17-2007, 11:08 AM
I had to read that twice to be sure I read it correctly!

More States should take Texas' approach to handling criminals. Will your neighbor be charged with anything? you read it right.... grand jury has to investigate but he has yet to be charged.

the 911 call tape came out yesterday and the operator practically dared the guy to do it (by warning him that he'd get shot if he went outside with that gun).... old guy's response was " you wanna make a bet "

After that, I think all [bets] were off, this old fella made sure he shot first (Texas style)

tex
11-17-2007, 11:08 AM
That SUCKS!!!!! I had some stuff stolen out of my garage last year. I HATE THEIVES!!! I HATE SCUM THAT STEALS SKI STUFF!!!!

Prostar Rich
11-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Sorry to read about your loss. Anytime GPS units, radar detectors etc. are in plain view thieves will smash a window and grab. This happenend to my neighbor who left a radar detector in plain view in his driveway. The funny thing is he happend to be looking on ebay and saw his radar detector listed on there the next day. He called the police and they got the guy. In addition, when the cops got the guy he had other stolen property in his possession.

Prostar Rich

jclose8
11-17-2007, 11:34 AM
One of our neighbors shot and killed 2 thieves this week who broke into his nextdoor neighbor's house.

Heh.. Sounds like a pretty nice neighborhood....

..and you give UMP sh!t for living in Michigan http://i7.tinypic.com/6srxbnd.gif

For the record, I don't even take my keys out of the ignition.

That sucks, Erik.. Hope you find the guy that did it.

Ric
11-17-2007, 11:37 AM

..and you give UMP sh!t for living in Michigan http://i7.tinypic.com/6srxbnd.gif

That sucks, Erik.. Hope you find the guy that did it. It's true, you do not want to move here. You not only may be shot, there is no place to ski. Now go eat some snow

jclose8
11-17-2007, 12:02 PM
It's true, you do not want to move here.

Don't worry!

And yes... it is snow season now!! We're about a week away from the local ski area opening. I'm freaking out. All I can think about right now is skiing..(downhill) I have a serious problem.

Here is a pic from our local hill last March:

http://i17.tinypic.com/6ynq3vp.jpg

Ric
11-17-2007, 12:16 PM
I meant the yellow snow

WTRSK1R
11-17-2007, 01:13 PM

I give my wife grief about that all the time. She grew up (in Northern Michigan) leaving the keys in the ignition. However, I would never do that in the Milwaukee, Waukesha area.

wakolman
11-17-2007, 01:48 PM
When I first read this last night, I double checked that my truck was locked in the driveway.

WTRSK1R: I live in Oconomowoc but grew up in a small town where you leave keys in cars and never lock your doors. No way would I be that trusting of anyone today!

jclose8
11-17-2007, 01:54 PM
I live in Oconomowoc but grew up in a small town where you leave keys in cars and never lock your doors.

Not sure if we have keys to our house..... I'm sure we do.

I know I don't have one.

TMCNo1
11-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Don't never eat no yeller snow!

You might be a Redneck, if you've drank enought beer to write the lyrics to "Dixieland" in the snow!

TX.X-30 fan
11-17-2007, 02:42 PM
The two gentlemen robbing this house in Pasadena TX. have been removed from the current list of active buglers!! :D :D

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5309288.html

TMCNo1
11-17-2007, 02:49 PM
The two gentlemen robbing this house in Pasadena TX. have been removed from the current list of active buglers!! :D :D

That guy is 61 and I'm 60, so..........................I'm gonna start shooting too, that's the way ya take care of them heatherins! It's time we all took a stand!

Ric
11-17-2007, 03:00 PM
it's only my opinion, but after reading the 911 transcript, I'd disagree with praise for the dispatcher.

guy damn near challenged the old fella to go do it, by repeatedly telling him he was gonna get shot if he went outside with that gun.

if the guy wasnt hyped enough, now he's been told repeatedly in not so many words, that you better shoot first!

Hope NRA backs this guy in his legal fight.

oh and uhhhhh where were the cops ?

kycat2007
11-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Sorry to hear Erk. I hope you get some answers soon.

atlfootr
11-18-2007, 12:11 PM
The two gentlemen robbing this house in Pasadena TX. have been removed from the current list of active buglers!!
:D

Taken from articel of above link, it states and I quote

"Attorneys and legal experts said Horn's defense probably will be based on state law that allows people to use deadly force to protect neighbors' property".

"If you see someone stealing your neighbor's property, you can get involved and help to stop it," said Sandra Guerra Thompson, a law professor at the University of Houston Law Center.

Others disagreed.

The statutes that allow people to use deadly force to stop a burglary appear to require that the incident be occurring at night, said Craig Jett, a Dallas criminal defense attorney and president of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer's Association.

"It can't be during the day," Jett said.

Now THAT'S BULL**** :noface: :noface: :noface:

Goes on to say, "His best scenario for his own defense is that he went out to use the threat of deadly force," Osso said. "But they came at him on his own property."

milkmania
11-18-2007, 02:20 PM

since we are moderated, I cannot give my true opinion on this matter..... just want to say I hope the old man is going to be ok

TX.X-30 fan
11-18-2007, 03:30 PM
TX. grand jury will no-bill this quickly. The DA has to send it over there to shut-up peaceniks and Quanell X. I feel for this man and what these two dead pieces of crap did to him and his neighbors. :mad:

Footin
11-18-2007, 04:39 PM
What does your insurance company say Erkle?

erkoehler
11-18-2007, 04:41 PM
What does your insurance company say Erkle?

Home owners will be covering it......supposed to talk to them monday.

Footin
11-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Are you getting paid for everything?

erkoehler
11-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Are you getting paid for everything?

TBD.......I would hope so!

cbryan70
11-18-2007, 05:53 PM
erk selling alumacrafts now?

erkoehler
11-18-2007, 06:23 PM
erk selling alumacrafts now?

www.riverviewmarine.com

www.chicagomastercraft.com

Owned by the same company.....

cbryan70
11-18-2007, 06:34 PM
ahhhhh makes alot of sense now.

G-man
11-18-2007, 07:17 PM
no teak on those alumicrafts?

cbryan70
11-18-2007, 07:19 PM
sadly nope. Lots of metal!

jlf
11-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Erk that sucks, happened to me twice when we lived on campus in LaCrosse. The first time it was pure stupity on my part, never dreamed I get my car broken into so I always left my radar detecor and about 130 CD's in my car. The second it was day light out I only ran in the house for a few minutes and I was leaving again so I left the crap in the car and it was taken again. My homeowners insurance covered it all though so it wasn't so bad, just a PITA. Good luck and just be thankful you weren't hurt and the truck is Okay too.

jlf
11-20-2007, 10:10 AM
double post...................

Datdude
11-27-2007, 01:46 PM
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have some stuff for sale. If you are interested....PM me

1. GPS unit....I am not sure of the model, but it looks expensive
2. two wetsuits with padding in them (is this for barefooting?)
3. Misc. ropes with handles on one end
4. A tool box with a bunch of nice tools in it
5. A sweet digital camera. The only bad part about the camera is that there are some pretty nasty pictures on it (PM me and I will tell you what they are);)

I have no idea what this stuff is worth so make me an offer...just looking for a little cash to help out with the holiday season:uglyhamme

Rockman
11-27-2007, 02:46 PM
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have some stuff for sale. If you are interested....PM me

1. GPS unit....I am not sure of the model, but it looks expensive
2. two wetsuits with padding in them (is this for barefooting?)
3. Misc. ropes with handles on one end
4. A tool box with a bunch of nice tools in it
5. A sweet digital camera. The only bad part about the camera is that there are some pretty nasty pictures on it (PM me and I will tell you what they are);)

I have no idea what this stuff is worth so make me an offer...just looking for a little cash to help out with the holiday season:uglyhamme

Got any credit cards? ;)

Sodar
11-27-2007, 02:53 PM
I got first dibs on the Plaid Saleman Suit!! :D

Rockman
11-27-2007, 03:08 PM
I got first dibs on the Plaid Saleman Suit!! :D

That is the barefoot suit if you turn it inside out!:D

Erk-Just giving you a hard time...hope everything has worked out with the insurance company, etc. :toast:

Ric
11-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Erk I have a soft spot for you and I really think datdude is out of line mocking you this way.

Datdude
11-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Erk I have a soft spot for you and I really think datdude is out of line mocking you this way.

Oh come on......he knows I was kidding:D . I already told him I felt bad for him (which I really do;) )

TMCNo1
11-27-2007, 08:29 PM

Get a motel room!

Lennyp04
11-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Wow Harold we dont want to hear about those adventures!

JoshBuzz
11-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Hotel room Harold, not Motel...

Motels are for sleeping HOEtels are for well...

I mean why do you take a Hoe to a Hotel?? (Compliments of Ludacris)

06' X-2 R8R H8R
11-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Speaking of ROBBED.... I came home on Sunday night about 10:50 and I have my boat parked in the carport. As I walked around the boat to head for the door there is a hispanic male coming out of my garage with my TV (that didnt work in the first place). He could'nt get the TV past the trailer guides and the side of my house. I couldnt beleive what I was seeing. I ask what the **** he thought he was doing. His immedited responce was "Sorry Sir, Sorry Sir, Sorry Sir". He gentle set the TV down and noticed the only way out, other than through me, was jumping on the rear platform and over the fence. The chase was on...2 or 3 block later he scaled a 8 foot fence into someones back yard. It took the police about 15 minutes to get there and the ARSHOLE was gone by then.

Lets patrol the boarders a little better there Pres. Bush....

milkmania
11-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Speaking of ROBBED.... I came home on Sunday night about 10:50 and I have my boat parked in the carport. As I walked around the boat to head for the door there is a hispanic male coming out of my garage with my TV (that didnt work in the first place). He could'nt get the TV past the trailer guides and the side of my house. I couldnt beleive what I was seeing. I ask what the **** he thought he was doing. His immedited responce was "Sorry Sir, Sorry Sir, Sorry Sir". He gentle set the TV down and noticed the only way out, other than through me, was jumping on the rear platform and over the fence. The chase was on...2 or 3 block later he scaled a 8 foot fence into someones back yard. It took the police about 15 minutes to get there and the ARSHOLE was gone by then.

shoulda said "hang on, let me get you the remote..... I'll be right back"

Ric
12-03-2007, 07:51 PM
TX. grand jury will no-bill this quickly. The DA has to send it over there to shut-up peaceniks and Quanell X. I feel for this man and what these two dead pieces of crap did to him and his neighbors. :mad: Neighbors of the man, ran the Quanell and the peaceniks out of the neighborhood yesterday. Here is a website set up for his legal defense fund.

http://joehornformyneighbor.com/

sure would like to see the NRA get involved....

atlfootr
12-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Speaking of ROBBED....

I came home on Sunday night about 10:50 and I have my boat parked in the carport.
As I walked around the boat to head for the door there is a hispanic male coming out of my garage with my TV (that TV didnt work in the first place).

He could'nt get the TV past the trailer guides and the side of my house.
I couldn't beleive what I was seeing. I ask what the **** he thought he was doing. His immedited responce was "Sorry Sir, Sorry Sir, Sorry Sir".

He gentle set the TV down and noticed the only way out, other than through me, was jumping on the rear platform and over the fence.

The chase was on...2 or 3 block later he scaled a 8 foot fence into someones backyard.

It took the police about 15 minutes to get there and the ARSHOLE was gone by then.

That's reaason #1, why I'm always packing heat.
At least he didn't drop the TV and or throw it in your direction.

Final thoughts --- where and why were the cops not there sooner and what?
NO DOGS to track 'em down w/ :confused:

TX.X-30 fan
12-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Neighbors of the man, ran the Quanell and the peaceniks out of the neighborhood yesterday. Here is a website set up for his legal defense fund.

http://joehornformyneighbor.com/

sure would like to see the NRA get involved....

I saw that Ric, Guys on Harley's drown out the protesters!! Lets just hope someone in the da's office with a "set" will put this to rest.

Should someone die for a stolen tv??
Should someone die that's in my house walking around with a crow bar taking all my belongings??

Making poor decisions in life has consequences!!!!

Quanell is in the minors as far as poverty pimps go, but he is damn entertaining. :D

TX.X-30 fan
12-03-2007, 08:31 PM
That's reaason #1, why I'm always packing heat.

You mean this????????????

29641 :D :D

atlfootr
12-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Should someone die for a stolen tv??
Should someone die that's in my house walking around with a crow bar taking all my belongings??

:D

ANSWERS YES and YES!

atlfootr
12-03-2007, 08:42 PM
You mean this????????????
No, I mean this ... :D

TX.X-30 fan
12-03-2007, 08:49 PM
No, I mean this ... :D

That would be messy inside, but hell in the driveway that's what power washers are for. ;)