PDA

View Full Version : Proud Daddy Moment Part II

phecksel
11-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Tonight was the oldest (junior), who through some very careful manipulation joined the swim team. We almost lost her at one point and my genius wife volunteered to wash the water bottles that night, forcing her to go back. WELL, her first year swimming, she earned her varsity letter, AND received the most improved swimmer of the year!!!! The change this kid has gone through is nothing short of miraculous. I seriously thought I was going to do jail time for either killing her or one of her idiot friends. Her choices in friends are much better, her study habits fantastic, and now she's making noises about actually trying out for symphony band.

Mikey
11-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Thats awesome man. Sounds like she is headed down the right path. Hope things stay that way. Keep us posted on her accomplishments!

TMCNo1
11-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Keep up the good work!

Leroy
11-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Good job it is amazing what self confidence will do for kids.

phecksel
11-16-2007, 08:51 PM
We went to a college open house today, and watching her was amazing and prideful. I intentionally stayed back and let her deal with everything, only occasionally stepped forward.

tex
02-23-2008, 04:14 PM
I had to jump in here. My 7 year old is not the most gifted when it comes to sports. He can climb like a monkey but can't shoot, catch, or throw to save his life. Today was a big first for him. He is playing basketball for the 1st time and has 2 games left. They were killing the other team and ran a play for him. He caught the ball at the top of the key and dribbled in a couple of steps and sank his 1st shot! He usually doesn't even touch the ball! He plays mean defense but today was a great day! He is officially shooting a respectful 100% from the floor....look out Kobe! Baby steps!!! A fun day for the family!

wakolman
02-23-2008, 05:23 PM
I had to jump in here. My 7 year old is not the most gifted when it comes to sports. He can climb like a monkey but can't shoot, catch, or throw to save his life. Today was a big first for him. He is playing basketball for the 1st time and has 2 games left. They were killing the other team and ran a play for him. He caught the ball at the top of the key and dribbled in a couple of steps and sank his 1st shot! He usually doesn't even touch the ball! He plays mean defense but today was a great day! He is officially shooting a respectful 100% from the floor....look out Kobe! Baby steps!!! A fun day for the family!

Good story! It is all about fun when it is dealing with kids. Not overbearing father/mother/coach wannabes.

coz
02-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Good story! It is all about fun when it is dealing with kids. Not overbearing father/mother/coach wannabes.

You're right wakolman, let them choose but still be there to support and guide them, and enjoy them while their young because it goes quick. One of my sons has been in the Chandler AZ Fire Department Cadet Program and actually starts the Academy in April so were real proud parents here.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2185/2286649282_8121447a67.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3185/2285861977_c4ed987a14.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2294/2285863051_8837c24138.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2261/2280951933_d4057c341e.jpg
Stay active with them and that's the best way to keep an eye on them. And if their all in the MC then that's a proud and happy pappy. Way to go to all the proud pops!

milkmania
02-23-2008, 09:29 PM
You're right wakolman, let them choose but still be there to support and guide them, and enjoy them while their young because it goes quick. One of my sons has been in the Chandler AZ Fire Department Cadet Program and actually starts the Academy in April so were real proud parents here.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2185/2286649282_8121447a67.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3185/2285861977_c4ed987a14.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2294/2285863051_8837c24138.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2261/2280951933_d4057c341e.jpg
Stay active with them and that's the best way to keep an eye on them. And if their all in the MC then that's a proud and happy pappy. Way to go to all the proud pops!

most definately something to be proud of!
support him and keep him safe, he'll be rewarded over and over.

milkmania
02-23-2008, 09:35 PM
I gotta jump in here too......
I know I can sometimes be rather boring talking about my boy's sporting ability...... but you gotta realize I can't dribble the ball and walk 10 feet!

lanier92prostar
02-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Nice form on the shot Milk, did you teach him that?

milkmania
02-23-2008, 09:40 PM
and I'm really doing a crappy job of getting good pics......
looks good on 3.5 inch LCD screen:(

milkmania
02-23-2008, 09:43 PM
I cannot function with a basketball or a softball:o:(

or a camera:rant:

milkmania
02-23-2008, 09:46 PM
this referee (see him?) was at least 6'2"8p

tex
02-23-2008, 11:18 PM
I gotta jump in here too......
I know I can sometimes be rather boring talking about my boy's sporting ability...... but you gotta realize I can't dribble the ball and walk 10 feet!

My squid wears 15 too!

whitedog
02-23-2008, 11:24 PM
I know the feeling, enjoy it while you can and give them all the encouragement they need.

Seeing that first completed toe turn and all the new tricks alway brings a smile to her face and mine.

tex
02-23-2008, 11:26 PM
I know the feeling, enjoy it while you can and give them all the encouragement they need.

Seeing that first completed toe turn and all the new tricks alway brings a smile to her face and mine.
Nice toe down and head up. What else is she working on?

whitedog
02-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Nice toe down and head up. What else is she working on?
Has been doing 180 tricks for about 3 years, Flip, extended flips, hand turns, leg overs ect. Last summer started learning 360 tricks, does 360 hand to hand, 360 wraps,flips,ect, 180 and 360 split catches and late fall just started on her 180 and 360 overhead turns. She does the 180 tricks both directions. The 360 tricks are coming on faster and she can not wait for the ice to melt.:cool: She is taking it a bit slow but learning every thing solid before moving on.

This one is mid way through a 360 split catch.:o She keeps dad busy driving 16.5 mph;)

Oh and BTW she is a sophomore with a 3.65 gpa and a varsity letterman in cross country, and pole vaults also ( sorry no pictures on the laptop)

T Scott
02-23-2008, 11:57 PM
I cannot function with a basketball or a softball:o:(

or a camera:rant:

I think you need to invite SueDV to your game. No offense, but her pictures are much better! 8p

uawaterskier
02-24-2008, 02:36 AM
Has been doing 180 tricks for about 3 years, Flip, extended flips, hand turns, leg overs ect. Last summer started learning 360 tricks, does 360 hand to hand, 360 wraps,flips,ect, 180 and 360 split catches and late fall just started on her 180 and 360 overhead turns. She does the 180 tricks both directions. The 360 tricks are coming on faster and she can not wait for the ice to melt.:cool: She is taking it a bit slow but learning every thing solid before moving on.

This one is mid way through a 360 split catch.:o She keeps dad busy driving 16.5 mph;)

Oh and BTW she is a sophomore with a 3.65 gpa and a varsity letterman in cross country, and pole vaults also ( sorry no pictures on the laptop)why is it that the females are so much better at toes? I cant do hardly any toe tricks besides front/back, and even then I struggle with them. And leg overs are also quite amusing and usually ends up with me holding the boys in a lot of pain.

tex
02-24-2008, 11:22 AM

Oh and BTW she is a sophomore with a 3.65 gpa and a varsity letterman in cross country, and pole vaults also ( sorry no pictures on the laptop)
Sounds very solid and the overheads will come fast!

tex
02-24-2008, 11:23 AM
why is it that the females are so much better at toes? I cant do hardly any toe tricks besides front/back, and even then I struggle with them. And leg overs are also quite amusing and usually ends up with me holding the boys in a lot of pain.
Because guys usually try to muscle tricks and don't rely on form and tech.

ShamrockIV
02-24-2008, 11:28 AM
well i am gonna brag a little.

my older twin daughter marion seems to be gifted in music. i am getting her a piano and lessons!

her twin katelyn is a heckuva athelete. she plays bball and softball. she is left handed (which is nice) and she can dribble with either!!!

they also both are in 2nd grade and read on a 5th grade level!!

anabelle(6) reads on a 2 almost 3rd grade level and is smart as a whip!!!

my youngest ivy(3) is a trip. she stays really busy keeping up with the others and is stubborn as the day is long!!(she gets that from her mom) lol

If any of you do not have kids, i highly reccommend some!!!!

milkmania
02-24-2008, 12:41 PM
well i am gonna brag a little.

my older tein daughter marion seems to be gifted in music. i am getting her a piano and lessons!

her twin katelyn is a heckuva athelete. she plays bball and softball. she is left handed (which is nice) and she can dribble with either!!!

they also both are in 2nd grade and read on a 5th grade level!!

anabelle(6) reads on a 2 almost 3rd grade level and is smart as a whip!!!

my youngest ivy(3) is a trip. she stays really busy keeping up with the others and is stubborn as the day is long!!(she gets that from her mom) lol

If any of you do not have kids, i highly reccommend some!!!!

That's awesome!
I remember in high school when people would say I'd be raising kids, they'd just as well had called me a bad name:rant:

ShamrockIV
02-24-2008, 01:00 PM
man u have not lived till u have kids!!!

phecksel
02-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Celebrate the children

milkmania
02-25-2008, 10:53 PM
well dang, we lost by 5:(

they had this 3 point shooter that had the most awesome fake I've ever seen:rolleyes:

they led 24-14 into the 3rd quarter....
we tied them 24-24 by the end of the 3rd.
then this kid started draining the 3's

finished up 35-30

Willski
02-25-2008, 11:07 PM
Just reading this thread enforces my theory. Introduce your kids to everything you can, but let them choose what they prefer. Don't let them quit in the middle of a session/season whatever it may be called for the activity. They need to finish what they sign up for, but as for next season/session, let them decide. Encourage and be involved, but don't force them or put undue pressure on them!!!!

Okay, I will step down off of the soapbox now!

I am preaching to the choir from the posts so far on this thread.

Keep bragging on your kids on this thread. It is interesting and positive stuff compared to what we read in the newspaper every day.

milkmania
02-25-2008, 11:20 PM
Just reading this thread enforces my theory. Introduce your kids to everything you can, but let them choose what they prefer. Don't let them quit in the middle of a session/season whatever it may be called for the activity. They need to finish what they sign up for, but as for next season/session, let them decide. Encourage and be involved, but don't force them or put undue pressure on them!!!!

Okay, I will step down off of the soapbox now!

I am preaching to the choir from the posts so far on this thread.

Keep bragging on your kids on this thread. It is interesting and positive stuff compared to what we read in the newspaper every day.

yes, my son wants to make the paper in a positive way.....

Thursday basketball game
Friday basketball game
Saturday off (we threw the ball in the yard)
Sunday baseball practice
Monday basketball game
Tuesday baseball practice

tonight's basketball game was the last, so now we can focus on Baseball:cool:
First baseball games are March 14th - 16th. :woohoo:

phecksel
02-26-2008, 09:24 PM
yes, my son wants to make the paper in a positive way.....

Thursday basketball game
Friday basketball game
Saturday off (we threw the ball in the yard)
Sunday baseball practice
Monday basketball game
Tuesday baseball practice

tonight's basketball game was the last, so now we can focus on Baseball:cool:
First baseball games are March 14th - 16th. :woohoo:
Two kids, both doing sports, one in choir, one in band, we had a really rough fall, LOL. If it wasn't for the printed calendar...

milkmania
02-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Two kids, both doing sports, one in choir, one in band, we had a really rough fall, LOL. If it wasn't for the printed calendar...

if you get the chance, you should check into the google calendar

works great for me;)

RexDog1
02-27-2008, 10:00 AM
My Proud Daddy Moment happened last night……………………………:D

My 8 year old son who has been playing soccer for 4 years now…. and he is very good IMHO, he was drafted #3 in the J.U.S.A competitive league for all of Orange County, now he just needs to keep his tongue inside his mouth …………………………..:rolleyes:

tex
03-08-2008, 08:20 PM
John David's 2nd grade basketball team avenged their only loss(1st game of the season) today in the league championship game. They routed the other team 28-12. JD even got a rebound(he doesn't get sports yet). It was pretty cool and pretty intense! Sorry Gene-go screw yourself!

Monte
03-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Way to go Rexdog's and Tex's sons!!

TMCNo1
03-08-2008, 09:31 PM
John David's 2nd grade basketball team avenged their only loss(1st game of the season) today in the league championship game. They routed the other team 28-12. JD even got a rebound(he doesn't get sports yet). It was pretty cool and pretty intense! Sorry Gene-go screw yourself!

I think Gene and Moses got stoned at different times together!:D

Prostar in Michigain
03-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Anybody got any kids that play hockey?

coz
03-09-2008, 02:18 PM
My Proud Daddy Moment happened last night……………………………:D

My 8 year old son who has been playing soccer for 4 years now…. and he is very good IMHO, he was drafted #3 in the J.U.S.A competitive league for all of Orange County, now he just needs to keep his tongue inside his mouth …………………………..:rolleyes:

Way to go RD, my 3 kids played in JUSA, fun times watching the kids. (& the OC soccer mommies :o ) lots of saturdays spent hopping from field to field. :D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-09-2008, 03:20 PM
If Ric were my son, I would be a proud daddy, because he has never been stoned.

RexDog1
03-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Way to go RD, my 3 kids played in JUSA, fun times watching the kids. (& the OC soccer mommies :o ) lots of saturdays spent hopping from field to field. :D

It is funny on Saturday every park is full is kids playing soccer, but they are all 12 and under I think when they start playing football, they stop playing soccer

Hockey!!!!! My wife has ice-skated all her life, and is getting my 5 year old into it …..Yes we have ice in California but I don’t understand what it is???...... She will be my Hockey player!!!!!! I do like her coach..8p :rolleyes:

Prostar in Michigain
03-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Rex its the best sport you can get into. It maybe a little expensive but it is so worth it. Me and my two brothers play very competitvely and it is a blast. Make sure she sticks with it she will love it.

coz
03-10-2008, 06:00 PM
It is funny on Saturday every park is full is kids playing soccer, but they are all 12 and under I think when they start playing football, they stop playing soccer

Hockey!!!!! My wife has ice-skated all her life, and is getting my 5 year old into it …..Yes we have ice in California but I don’t understand what it is???...... She will be my Hockey player!!!!!! I do like her coach..8p :rolleyes:

Is that the coach or the wife RD? :)

milkmania
03-12-2008, 12:11 PM
my baby
third from left back row

took them to the Arkansas Air National Guard yesterday for team pics with the A10 Warthogs

RexDog1
03-12-2008, 04:22 PM
my baby
third from left back row

took them to the Arkansas Air National Guard yesterday for team pics with the A10 Warthogs

Very cool Milk….. hay nice limo :rolleyes: :D