PDA

View Full Version : MC Interiors

BrianM
11-15-2007, 03:50 PM
We all know that MC no longer makes skins for boats more than 10 years old.

Someone out there needs to pick up on this market. Obviously someone is making some money on a similar endevor with CC skins.

I ran across this site http://www.nautiqueskins.com/

Ric
11-15-2007, 03:54 PM
I shoulda been a seamstress

TMCNo1
11-15-2007, 04:09 PM
According to this post, it's 6 years, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=354619&postcount=1

There is also atlfootr's man Jim in Maryville, TN,http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=176680&postcount=1, who has been trying, .........................but?

east tx skier
11-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Yeah, last I heard it was 6 years. I think CC itself offers skins back at least 9 or 10 years (or so I've heard). The people on CCFan swear by the folks at nautique skins though, so they must do a pretty good job.

G-man
11-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Hummmmmm I may need to tall someone

BrianM
11-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Yeah, last I heard it was 6 years. I think CC itself offers skins back at least 9 or 10 years (or so I've heard). The people on CCFan swear by the folks at nautique skins though, so they must do a pretty good job.
the more I look at the site I have a feeling that nautiqueskins probably have some very close relationship to CC themselves. Probably some sort of family member or friend of one. CC is pretty insetul like that with their distributers and all.

BrianM
11-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Yeah, last I heard it was 6 years. .
Even worse. I'm sorry but MC does a pretty cr@ppy job at supplying parts for their customers. Anything prior to 2000 and you are pretty much on your own.

450hp@bellsouth.net
11-15-2007, 05:51 PM
I have been dealing with the interior issue and have heard the following: MC is keeping skins for 7 years but the year starts/ends with the introduction of the new model year. 2000 skins were available until August of 2007 when the 2008 models became available.

In the past MC used an early generation database (as did everybody else) and as such was unable to store all or the colors and features/options combinations on the boats they sold. They have upgraded to a more sophisticated RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, SAP).

Going forward the boat I.D. will have a more accurate association and record of all of the colors and features purchased. This should allow for better recall and as such will enable MC to create a process time limit vs. a system based time limit. I look for MC to keep parts including skins for 10 years going forward. :cool:

east tx skier
11-15-2007, 06:03 PM
the more I look at the site I have a feeling that nautiqueskins probably have some very close relationship to CC themselves. Probably some sort of family member or friend of one. CC is pretty insetul like that with their distributers and all.

I think it's especially useful for a lot of folks on that site that have the 30 and 40 year old boats. For 9 and 10 year old boats, the price break wasn't too spectacular for what they could be ordered for from the factory, or so I'm told.

Still, it's nice to have options.

TMCNo1
11-15-2007, 08:18 PM
I have been dealing with the interior issue and have heard the following: MC is keeping skins for 7 years but the year starts/ends with the introduction of the new model year. 2000 skins were available until August of 2007 when the 2008 models became available.

In the past MC used an early generation database (as did everybody else) and as such was unable to store all or the colors and features/options combinations on the boats they sold. They have upgraded to a more sophisticated RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, SAP).

Going forward the boat I.D. will have a more accurate association and record of all of the colors and features purchased. This should allow for better recall and as such will enable MC to create a process time limit vs. a system based time limit. I look for MC to keep parts including skins for 10 years going forward. :cool:

This is the latest info,
SEAT SKINS...Order Now
For those of you that have been putting off ordering skins
you might want to take the plunge now. Effective July 1 MasterCraft Corp will only produce skins newer than 2002. Right now you can order as far back as 1998. Get your skin orders in prior to July 1. What is needed is a FEW digital photos of the interior and your Hull ID #.

Don't Delay

Jim@BAWS

G-man
11-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Even worse. I'm sorry but MC does a pretty cr@ppy job at supplying parts for their customers. Anything prior to 2000 and you are pretty much on your own.

Some boat companies not in the inboard world only have parts like interiors 2-3 years. Why ,compared to cars these are low production hand built luxury items. The cost involed in storing and inventory cost it just not worth it to them.

alletric
11-16-2007, 10:25 AM
I guess it is a limited market but ro the impression this site gives you would think that it would be a huge market. I have seen enough 89 Blue and White PS 190's with bad interior to fill the Smithsonion. Again I think it is from being on this site that is skewing the perception. I just went local. The interior is looking great just not factory design.

sethro
11-16-2007, 10:55 AM
There is a guy that works for Malibu in California, and he is allowed to produce skins for boats after the 7 model years back or so which Malibu no longer will make. Simply give him your hull ID and which skin is needed and he'll make it during his off hours from work...and at a very respectable price. I would think someone from MC would want that moonlighting business, but maybe MC won't allow it.

JBaker
11-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Some boat companies not in the inboard world only have parts like interiors 2-3 years. Why ,compared to cars these are low production hand built luxury items. The cost involed in storing and inventory cost it just not worth it to them.

This seems to be the case in my limited experience. I have never had to call MC (mine is an ’07 anyways) but I have had to deal with other manufacturers and it has been totally hit or miss. If you get lucky enough or know a guy who has been there for years he can tell you everything about the boat and even if they don’t have the parts, he might be able to put you in contact with the original supplier. It seems like this information is not in any database though, because you can get a newer guy at the same manufacturer who says “sorry we don’t have any info on a model that old.” This scenario happened to me with a six year old boat and it was a big name brand! Very frustrating at times.

stuartmcnair
11-16-2007, 11:23 AM
I needed new seats and called the factory. What they did was sell the patterns to a company who would make them for you as needed. Maybe MC could form a partnership with someone like that?

TMCNo1
11-16-2007, 11:56 AM
I needed new seats and called the factory. What they did was sell the patterns to a company who would make them for you as needed. Maybe MC could form a partnership with someone like that?

Any quality upholstery shop will use the old dismantled fabric pieces as patterns and wouldn't pay for original factory patterns, then make their own patterns for permanent use. They just wanted to make a few bucks off something they had already made millions off of.

alletric
11-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Any quality upholstery shop will use the old dismantled fabric pieces as patterns and wouldn't pay for original factory patterns, then make their own patterns for permanent use. They just wanted to make a few bucks off something they had already made millions off of.
The place that is doing mine said they would do just that and use the old for patterns. I was not that crazy about the Aqua blue that accented the interior so i tolf them not to worry about it. I think it would be easy to find some that can do it as long as they realize what kind of market there is for it.