PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with non-OEM printer cartridges?

mitch
11-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Seems the after market cartridges are not working in my daughters new printer:( , and I just saw this disclaimer when I was poking around- Her printer is an Epson CX-6000. Anyone else bumping into this? Thanks for any input!!!

AS A RESULT OF CHANGES TO PRINTERS PRODUCED AFTER MAY 2007 OUR CURRENT CARTRIDGES WILL NOT BE COMPATIBLE. NEW COMPATIBLE CARTRIDGES WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

bigmac
11-13-2007, 12:01 PM
I confess, I finally got so tired of the expense and hassle of inkjet printers that I bought a color laser printer about 5 years ago. I cannot imagine going back.

Laser printers' resolution for photos is not equal to a color inkjet, but I would never print my own photos anyway. No WAY is that cost-efficient when uploading to online photo printing companies gets me 4x6 prints for $.10 - $.12 per photo. And Kodak does a far better job anyway.

Workin' 4 Toys
11-13-2007, 12:13 PM
I had the same printer. Once it started acting up I thought it was done. I found some cleaning cartridges available but couldn't bring myself to try them. I opened it up to clean it, it was better, but it was never the same. It turns out the problems started when my wife tried the aftermarket cartridges.
I also went to a color laser a few years ago, after installing $600 worth of toners I found it took forever to print and it was noisy as he**. It's gone now too (My experience, however I'd guess they may be much better now). I found it jammed quite often as well. I used the remaining toner and got rid of it. If I recall, it stopped printing when just one of the toners ran out.

Now, I have a cheap USED color ink printer and a USED black laser HP printer. We use the color when we need, and the big jobs get printed on the laser.

Pictures- Without a doubt I have found having them developed is the way to go for us.

Maristar210
11-13-2007, 12:13 PM
I confess, I finally got so tired of the expense and hassle of inkjet printers that I bought a color laser printer about 5 years ago. I cannot imagine going back.

Laser printers' resolution for photos is not equal to a color inkjet, but I would never print my own photos anyway. No WAY is that cost-efficient when uploading to online photo printing companies gets me 4x6 prints for $.10 - $.12 per photo. And Kodak does a far better job anyway.

I could not agree more. Bigmac beat me to it.

Throw that inkjet off a tall building and hope it lands on a liberal :D

mitch
11-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks! Might think about Laser printers, but if have had great luck w/ Epson printers and after mkt cartridges, and we pi$$ thur the the cartridges w/ my 3 kids printing like crazy for school etc. The cartridges are so cheap and seemed so reliable, I was bumming when they were not recognized in the new printer ;( Thx again guys!