PDA

View Full Version : How soon the DEMOCRATS forget

Pages : [1] 2

Jim@BAWS
11-12-2007, 05:17 PM
HOW SOON THEY FORGET!!!!
It's about time someone made a video of these sore losing hypocrites!!
What took so long? They have been allowed for too long to dump on our president when they knew all along he did what, even they, knew had to be done. They have been allowed to put politics ahead of the security of the country.

This video should be aired fifty times a day on every station in the country.

http://www.bercasio.com/movies/dems-wmd-before-iraq.wmv

PASS IT ON TEAMMATES AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Jim@BAWS Political statement for the day!!!

Roonie's
11-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Iraq was absolutely no security threat to our country in any shape or form. We went to war on false pretenses and now we are stuck in a civil war with many lives lost to date and no clear exit strategy in place. The president has racked up a debt to cover this war greater than all the other presidents combined. I don't care what political party you run with (or who said what) but no one should be happy about our current situation. My only post to this thread.

River Rat
11-12-2007, 05:45 PM
:eek3: And I thought this was Bush's war? his and his alone is what I've heard on TV:rolleyes: Sooner or later they have to take credit for what comes out of their mouth. and not JUST when its good for your campaign

roddydog
11-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Well after all, he is "the guy who tried tuh kill muh Dad"

River Rat
11-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Iraq was absolutely no security threat to our country in any shape or form. .

I call BS on this....After seeing what happened on 9-11 and the effect it had on us, Sadam would have been knocking on our front door ASAP just to make a statement:mad: Oil is money and money can buy anything so it would have only been a matter of time:mad:

Mikey
11-12-2007, 06:10 PM
:popcorn: This thread should be a good one!

tex
11-12-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm thirsty!!!!!!!

River Rat
11-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Me to and it's almost Beer thirty:)

Andrι
11-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Anyone knows what oil i should use in my Prostar?
Thanks!:)

River Rat
11-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Anyone knows what oil i should use in my Prostar?
Thanks!:)

For the carpet or seats??8p

TX.X-30 fan
11-12-2007, 07:18 PM
More Water-boarding!!!!! :D

Jim@BAWS
11-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Iraq was absolutely no security threat to our country in any shape or form. We went to war on false pretenses and now we are stuck in a civil war with many lives lost to date and no clear exit strategy in place. The president has racked up a debt to cover this war greater than all the other presidents combined. I don't care what political party you run with (or who said what) but no one should be happy about our current situation. My only post to this thread.

This is not a statement of right or wrong. It is a statement of the DEMOCRATS backtracking on what THEY agreed to and basically set up before President Bush was in office. Remember Monica !!!. Clinton for President...give me a break. She does'nt even know what day of the week it is...or maybe she does.

Everyone of the DEMOCRATS in that film have FLIP FLOPPED !
Everyone wants proof...there it is!!!

Jim@BAWS

JimN
11-12-2007, 07:56 PM
"The president has racked up a debt to cover this war greater than all the other presidents combined."

Are you comparing the relative or actual costs? WWII was awfully expensive and if you compare 1940s dollars to now, we have lost far less military items and I don't even need to say anything about how we lost far more in the D Day invasion than in this war, the Gulf War and every other military action the US has been involved in since Viet Nam. Better to spend money than lose tens of thousands of troops, IMO.

Personally, I didn't want the US to go there as alone as we did. Maybe if we had an international committee that would be like a generally agreed upon arbitrator in disputes, now who could we get to....Wait! I have it! We could get the UN to grow a set and while we're at it, find some way for more countries to agree on how much power it should have and abide by its decisions.

SkiDog
11-12-2007, 08:00 PM

Where's the rock you've been living under?
Also, IMHO, a weapon of mass destruction doesn't necessarly have to be an atomic bomb, it could be a damn 747 that flys into our buildings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shepherd
11-12-2007, 08:02 PM
The only thing that video shows me is that the Democrats were just as wrong as the Republicans on the pretense for the war. They all relied on intelligence from the CIA, NSA, whoever... Our security agencies failed at a major level - during both the Clinton and Bush administrations. But what do you expect when you have a bunch of underpaid government employees in charge of our national security?

TX.X-30 fan
11-12-2007, 08:26 PM
The only thing that video shows me is that the Democrats were just as wrong as the Republicans on the pretense for the war. They all relied on intelligence from the CIA, NSA, whoever... Our security agencies failed at a major level - during both the Clinton and Bush administrations. But what do you expect when you have a bunch of underpaid government employees in charge of our national security?

That video shows what they said and if you are paying attention you will know what all of them are saying now. We don't need to run this country with a moistened finger raised to the wind??????

Slinkyredfoot
11-12-2007, 08:38 PM
The war in Iraq was a collective bipartsian fu...not enough facts and acting on gut retalliation after the horrific acts of 911... do we so soon forget where we all were as a country on and after 911??? We all to soon forget where we were as a country soon after the events of 911 as we are as a country right now...

We believed as a country, at this time, what our President and all of the Senators and Congress...Democrat or Republican, voted on collectively, issues, fear, and whatever was in the best interest of our country....Their was a lot of stuff going on back then.. remember??

Okay, so we are in this mess in Iraq, Al-Quida still is strong, and what about Iran????

The 6 million dollar question is who can lead us out of this mess in the Middle East, not to mention the domestic issues, and put some worldly respect and love back in the name of our contry and the people who live here.

I am truly sick of political rhetoric, who's to blame, who said what...this political finger pointing matters not now does it? Who really cares

What matters now is where we go from here and who are we going to elect to lead our country....and by the choices I see well...I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said "Where am I Going? ...and Why am I in this Hand Basket?" I can so relate...................

TX.X-30 fan
11-12-2007, 09:08 PM
[QUOTE=Slinkyredfoot]
The 6 million dollar question is who can lead us out of this mess in the Middle East, not to mention the domestic issues, and put some worldly respect and love back in the name of our contry and the people who live here.

Look at Sarkozy's speech last week, There may be 1 frenchman with a "set". :confused:

After the endless Bush bashing, truth be known the democracies of the world respect leaders that govern from strength.

Slinkyredfoot
11-12-2007, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=Slinkyredfoot]

Look at Sarkozy's speech last week, There may be 1 frenchman with a "set". :confused:

After the endless Bush bashing, truth be known the democracies of the world respect leaders that govern from strength.

Yea look at Reagan, very charasimatic... he demanded respect, exuded power, and got it worldwide, he was an actor... like all politicians.. sure he had shortcomings as a President, but really don't they all....We need to elect a true leader figure such as this person...who really fits the ticket? Someone enlighten me or should I just move to Greenland?

Jim@BAWS
11-12-2007, 09:19 PM
http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/sandplanes.asp

There are many articles on stuff buried in Iraq. Unfortunatly we do not get to see it all. Maybe some of your have not seen this story.

Jim@BAWS

Jim@BAWS
11-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Ronald Reagan was a CLASS ACT!!! He did what all good leaders do. In business or politics. Surrounded himself by well qualified, itelligent people who knew there stuff, upside downs and backwards. A sign of a true leader.

[QUOTE=TX.X-30 fan]

Yea look at Reagan, very charasimatic... he demanded respect, exuded power, and got it worldwide, he was an actor... like all politicians.. sure he had shortcomings as a President, but really don't they all....We need to elect a true leader figure such as this person...who really fits the ticket? Someone enlighten me or should I just move to Greenland?

TX.X-30 fan
11-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Ronald Reagan was a CLASS ACT!!! He did what all good leaders do. In business or politics. Surrounded himself by well qualified, itelligent people who knew there stuff, upside downs and backwards. A sign of a true leader.

[QUOTE=Slinkyredfoot]

Look at the Quote, I read what I said and thought Jeeeeeeeeeeez I was drunk don't remember any of that. :D

Jim do you have those "special buttons" :confused: :confused: :D

BuzzSr
11-12-2007, 09:49 PM
The sad thing is politics does not work in reality. Think about it for a second, these folks spend millions to run for an office that only pays a few hundred thousand a year. They will all tell you what you want to hear to get into office. I would suggest our politicians need to get a set like the Isrealis or the Australians who don't really care what anyone thinks about what they do. I hate to admit it but I think we are becoming way too liberial and try to hard to please everyone else instead of taking care of home first. I must admit I support Bush. However I do feel he pulled the trigger a little early on Iraq. Should have stocked up more ammo first. Looking back though if you remember the other choice at the time, Al Gore, where do you think we would be today? I dare say further back than we are now. Oh, no it would have been the first "GREEN" war.. Hybrid tanks and solar powered planes. No doubt we would be politically correct..

Anyone hear of Nostradamus? Sure you have. Some of the interpretations of the quatrains appear to be very close to what is going on today. Some suggest the great bear (Russia) aligning itself w/the anti-christ which is to come out of Pursia (Iran?) Russia has been working itself back into the international scene and becoming buds w/Iran. I know Iraq appears to be a SNAFU but I have the funny feeling have a FUBAR around the corner and we are going to need someone in office with a solid set to manage the near future. The sad thing is aside from McCain that might be able to manage such an uncertain future. Yes the old joke about Hillary and skirts might lead you to say she has a set but she is a big liberal. May kick some butt on the international side but look out at home. Just my two cents. In the end only the Lord can get us through it all.

tex
11-12-2007, 10:08 PM
What is the best oil to use on my swim platform?

BuzzSr
11-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Have another glass of wine and I am certain we can figure it out.

tex
11-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Have another glass of wine and I am certain we can figure it out.
Are you looking in my window?

Slinkyredfoot
11-12-2007, 10:16 PM

Yea I am kinda thinkin' the same Tex....Is it a teakform...if it is ask Harold....seen many posts concerning his fetish for this topic......:D

BuzzSr
11-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Just having my second (large glass). Will be able to solve lots of the worlds problems after the third +.

tex
11-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Just having my second (large glass). Will be able to solve lots of the worlds problems after the third +.
I'm right beside you!

shepherd
11-12-2007, 10:38 PM

I would say Teak oil, but it's so gosh darned expensive now with oil prices shooting through the roof. It's Bush's fault. We may want to look at the domestic supplies of canola or corn oil as an eco-friendly alternative.

Hoosier Bob
11-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Holy S***! We are going to war with Iraq? What happened to Iran?:o First I thought nuke it, then maybe some great people need some compassion and a taste of freedom but now I don't know what to think. We are "World Police" like it or not. This will not be the last time. We do not understand the beliefs of the people we are saving? We cannot fix the problems of others until we understand and fix ourselves? Sure I am a Republican but if we do things from now on we should do them 100% and with an S-Load less government! If we are going to judge we may want to be able to withstand "judgement?"

Politicians should be tried and hanged on a regular basis! My guess is the answer to Prison Overcrowding has been answered with an increase in Politicians!:o

JimN
11-13-2007, 01:05 AM
"Russia has been working itself back into the international scene and becoming buds w/Iran."

Becoming? When weren't they buds? They're not Russia's favorite people but if you remember all the way back to the '80s, the Iran/Iraq war was the US duking it out with the USSR with Iraq and Iran as the proxy armies.

"The sad thing is politics does not work in reality"

Yes, it does. Politics works exactly the way it's supposed to. Politics is when someone makes friends for the purposes of getting what they want and doing each other favors, up to the limits of each person's desires and resources. Government, OTOH, isn't working very well, though.

kycat2007
11-13-2007, 01:34 AM
I think we get back to a government by the people. Lets take control of our borders. Lets start killing illegals. Lets put bombs on the borders to control any tresspassers. Lets become a self contained nation. Lets not buy any products from any other countries. Lets produce the food we need and refine the oil we need. I say we reduce the salaries of the political offices and make those jobs part time like they were supposed to be. I say we take care of our poor and forget about other countries. If you want to leave then go... dont come back.

captain planet
11-13-2007, 06:08 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

TX.X-30 fan
11-13-2007, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE=captain planet]:popcorn: :popcorn: QUOTE]

I will take your silence to mean your agree with kycat 100%

:D :D

tex
11-13-2007, 07:44 PM
An in-and-out martini is a very dry Bombay Sapphire gin martini prepared by pouring a small measure of vermouth into a shaker, shaking it to coat the ice, and then pouring out and disposing of any remaining vermouth. The standard amount of Bombay Sapphire gin is then shaken over this vermouth-tinged ice and served normally in a chilled martini glass! Thank You

TX.X-30 fan
11-13-2007, 08:01 PM
An in-and-out martini is a very dry Bombay Sapphire gin martini prepared by pouring a small measure of vermouth into a shaker, shaking it to coat the ice, and then pouring out and disposing of any remaining vermouth. The standard amount of Bombay Sapphire gin is then shaken over this vermouth-tinged ice and served normally in a chilled martini glass! Thank You

I'll take one!!!!!!!!! ;)

SNOOTYSKIER
11-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Yaaaaaaawn.:rolleyes:

what was that I heard about some new place to hang out online with the "cool kids"?

Mikey
11-13-2007, 10:42 PM

what was that I heard about some new place to hang out online with the "cool kids"?

Who told you that?:rolleyes: :D

shepherd
11-14-2007, 01:17 AM

I been there. They ain't so cool.

shepherd
11-14-2007, 01:19 AM

You take an olive, a twist, or an onion with that sir?

captain planet
11-14-2007, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=captain planet]QUOTE]

I will take your silence to mean your agree with kycat 100%

:D :D
Not 100%, but somewhere in the middle. :cool:

Ric
01-07-2008, 01:21 PM
happy 2008 everyone!

mcdoon
01-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Uh-oh....where's my GD flak jacket?!! :confused: :D

captain planet
01-07-2008, 04:11 PM
happy 2008 everyone!
Darn you Ric......that dog was sleeping perfectly still over in that corner and you had to walk over and kick it. :confused: :rolleyes: I'm headed to the bomb shelter, see you later. :o

helton333
01-07-2008, 04:53 PM
On this issue, all I know is that I have fundamentally changed the way I will vote. I certainly will not vote for the guy just because he is a Republican anymore. The easiest way to put it is that Washington is broke - I am not a democrat, but I cannot say I am longer Republican either - why is it so hard just to get a good guy to the top? I can say I am more interested in a good foreign policy guy because I travel and can tell you people no longer like to do business with the US - that is not good when we have such a small mfg base - puts us at the mercy of the producers - that has to change or we'll be Rome one day.

Ric
01-07-2008, 04:58 PM
On this issue, all I know is that I have fundamentally changed the way I will vote. I certainly will not vote for the guy just because he is a Republican anymore. The easiest way to put it is that Washington is broke - I am not a democrat, but I cannot say I am longer Republican either - why is it so hard just to get a good guy to the top? I can say I am more interested in a good foreign policy guy because I travel and can tell you people no longer like to do business with the US - that is not good when we have such a small mfg base - puts us at the mercy of the producers - that has to change or we'll be Rome one day. It's nineteen ninety two all over again. :cool:

TX.X-30 fan
01-07-2008, 07:36 PM

Cmon CP don't be like that just cause Dennis is gone!! He can always be drafted at the circus/convention!!! :D :D

captain planet
01-11-2008, 02:36 PM

Cmon CP don't be like that just cause Dennis is gone!! He can always be drafted at the circus/convention!!! :D :D
Poor Dennis. I like his message, but he can't really be taken all that seriously as a candidate. Unfortunately my choice dropped out yesterday, Bill Richardson. Oh well, the fun continues.

Brent
01-13-2008, 02:41 PM
This person needs a job. This individual seeks an executive position. He will be available in January 2009, and is willing to relocate.

RESUME

GEORGE W. BUSH
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20520

EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:

Law Enforcement:
I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended for 30 days. My Texas driving record has been "lost" and is not available.

Military:
I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL. I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use. By joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam.

College:
I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. I was a cheerleader.

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE :
I ran for U.S. Congress and lost.
I began my career in the oil business in Midland,Texas in 1975. I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas. The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.

I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money.

With the help of my father and our friends in the oil industry (including Enron CEO Ken Lay), I was elected governor of Texas.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS:

I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making Texas the most polluted state in the Union. During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America.

I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in borrowed money.

I set the record for the most executions by any governor in American history.

With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida , and my father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President of the United States, after losing by over 500,000 votes.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:

I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.

I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week.

I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S. Treasury.

I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S. history.

I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.

I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.

I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S. stock market. In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs and that trend continues.

I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history. My "poorest millionaire," Condoleezza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.

I set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips by a U.S. President.

I am the all- time U.S and world record -holder for receiving the most corporate campaign donations.

My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U.S. history, Enron.

My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure my success with the U.S. Supreme Court during my election decision.

I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against investigation or prosecution. More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate rip-offs in history. I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed.

I presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history.

I changed the U.S. policy to allow convict ed criminals to be awarded government contracts.

I appointed more convicted criminals to my administration than any President in U.S. history.

I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the history of the United States Government.

I've broken more international treaties than any President in U.S. history.

I am the first President in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission.

I withdrew the U.S. from the World Court of Law.

I refused to allow inspector's access to U.S. "prisoners of war" detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.

I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US election).

I set the record for fewest numbers of press conferences of any President since the advent of television.

I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period. After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst security failure in U.S. history.

I garnered the most sympathy ever for the U.S. after the World Trade Center attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.

I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering the record for protests against any person in the history of mankind.

I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, pre-emptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of U.S. Citizens and the world community.

I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families in wartime.

In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for attacking Iraq and then blamed the lies on our British friends.

I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.

I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster," a WMD.

I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden to justice.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view.

All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-President, attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review. I specified that my sealed documents will not be available for 50 years.

PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERY VOTER YOU KNOW!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

brat
01-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Whew !!

After all that fiction I need a drink.

TMCNo1
01-13-2008, 02:59 PM
This person needs a job. This individual seeks an executive position. He will be available in January 2009, and is willing to relocate.

RESUME

GEORGE W. BUSH
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20520

Law Enforcement:
I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended for 30 days. My Texas driving record has been "lost" and is not available.

Military:
I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL. I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use. By joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam.

College:

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE :
I began my career in the oil business in Midland,Texas in 1975. I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas. The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.

I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money.

With the help of my father and our friends in the oil industry (including Enron CEO Ken Lay), I was elected governor of Texas.

I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making Texas the most polluted state in the Union. During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America.

I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in borrowed money.

With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida , and my father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President of the United States, after losing by over 500,000 votes.

I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.

I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week.

I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.

I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S. stock market. In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs and that trend continues.

I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history. My "poorest millionaire," Condoleezza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.

I am the all- time U.S and world record -holder for receiving the most corporate campaign donations.

My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U.S. history, Enron.

My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure my success with the U.S. Supreme Court during my election decision.

I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against investigation or prosecution. More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate rip-offs in history. I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed.

I changed the U.S. policy to allow convict ed criminals to be awarded government contracts.

I appointed more convicted criminals to my administration than any President in U.S. history.

I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the history of the United States Government.

I am the first President in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission.

I refused to allow inspector's access to U.S. "prisoners of war" detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.

I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US election).

I set the record for fewest numbers of press conferences of any President since the advent of television.

I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period. After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst security failure in U.S. history.

I garnered the most sympathy ever for the U.S. after the World Trade Center attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.

I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering the record for protests against any person in the history of mankind.

I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, pre-emptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of U.S. Citizens and the world community.

I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families in wartime.

In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for attacking Iraq and then blamed the lies on our British friends.

I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view.

All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-President, attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review. I specified that my sealed documents will not be available for 50 years.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

I just love people who are goal oriented and over acheivers!:rolleyes:

Mikey
01-13-2008, 05:38 PM

Good job G Dubya! I wish other states would grow a set and do the same.

mcdoon
01-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Brent, any of those thoughts original or should we attribute them all to Mr. Google? :confused: Chances are you'll be a little less bitter after your next circuit board upgrade. :D

Maristar210
01-13-2008, 05:53 PM

RESUME

GEORGE W. BUSH
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20520

Law Enforcement:

Military:

College:

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE :

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

How did I know a french canuck posted this even before I looked. :rolleyes:

Thats for all your support in the war on terror there Canada and unless you've got something supportive to say please do us a favor and keep your uninformed, biased and ultra liberal opinions to yourself. Since know one I ever knew ever asked: Gee I wonder what the French think ? I'd suggest a large cup full stfu :rolleyes:

Maristar210
01-13-2008, 05:54 PM
[;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Maristar210

RESUME

GEORGE W. BUSH
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20520

Law Enforcement:

Military:

College:

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE :

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

Thats for all your support in the war on terror there Canada and unless you've got something supportive to say please do us a favor and keep your uninformed, biased and ultra liberal opinions to yourself. Since know one I ever knew ever asked: Gee I wonder what the French think ? I'd suggest a large cup full stfu :rolleyes:

Maristar210

RESUME

GEORGE W. BUSH
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20520

Law Enforcement:

Military:

College:

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE :

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

Maristar210

RESUME

GEORGE W. BUSH
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20520

Law Enforcement:

Military:

College:

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE :

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

Maristar210

RESUME

GEORGE W. BUSH
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20520

Law Enforcement:

Military:

College:

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE :

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

Maristar210

Maristar210

Maristar210

Maristar210
......10 double posts

Maristar210

Maristar210

Maristar210

Maristar210
[...............

Maristar210

Maristar210

Maristar210
[.............

Maristar210
[................

Maristar210
[//////////////////

Maristar210

Maristar210
computer lockup..... sorry

Mikey
01-13-2008, 06:00 PM
:uglyhamme I think you got your point accross steve. :)

Maristar210
01-13-2008, 06:02 PM
that might be a record for computer lockup posts.....

I was trying to click out of it and somehow it kept posting the same thing :o

Brent
01-13-2008, 06:04 PM
I see so much blind Democrat bashing here ,I figured I'd post this e-mail to give a little perspective from the other side. As a rule most people that own boats are well to do & conservative minded & think liberal or democrat are akin to communism or something.

Maristar210
01-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Seems to me being president might very well be a no win situation...:confused:

Brent
01-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Start name calling instead of a rational discourse guessing Your not exactly open minded Steve. Believe it or not Steve what the U.S. Does in the world affects us all. BTW Canada is taking casualties in Afghanistan

I think I'll just stick with the waterski threads on this board, where the exchange of idea's & opinions are a little more normal.

Brent
01-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Steve
you can use the edit button to minimize your over exuberance on the number of post you have here.

TMCNo1
01-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Steve
you can use the edit button to minimize your over exuberance on the number of post you have here.

Now you tell him that after I spent 35 minutes reading all 20 of those posts.:rolleyes: :D

Maristar210
01-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Start name calling instead of a rational discourse guessing Your not exactly open minded Steve. Believe it or not Steve what the U.S. Does in the world affects us all. BTW Canada is taking casualties in Afghanistan

I think I'll just stick with the waterski threads on this board, where the exchange of idea's & opinions are a little more normal.

Whatever. Your posting of trash about our president is a slap in the face to every american. I never said I agreed with him but what I do know is I respect the office of the presidency and I would never dream of posting that about our president. Notice I said OUR and not your. I have the same opinion of the office no matter who is in the chair. I love all the haters who sit back and criticize. This offers little to solve the situation and does nothing more than create controversy. Don't get on me for you posting crap about our president. I am offended you feel it is within your right to do so, as it is anything but your right. Once you gain citizenship in this country you have a voice, until the you most certainly do not. Use your head and show some respect.

Maristar210
01-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Steve

As do you....

92 190 PS
01-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Steve you are a great American......

Brent
01-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Unfortunately what the U.S. does affects everyone on this little planet & I am offended that you think that I don't have a right to express my opinion . Blind patriotism to the office of president does a disservice to everyone. Open your eyes man & maybe open your mind as well. Go through the list on dubya's credentials & tell me which ones are not credible . Honestly they all seem plausible to me.

Maristar210
01-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Unfortunately what the U.S. does affects everyone on this little planet & I am offended that you think that I don't have a right to express my opinion . Blind patriotism to the office of president does a disservice to everyone. Open your eyes man & maybe open your mind as well. Go through the list on dubya's credentials & tell me which ones are not credible . Honestly they all seem plausible to me.

I am afraid you and I are going to have to agree to disagree. I think the only way to slander any elected official is with your vote. Publically slandering our president is not in my arsenal, even when Clinton slid one to Monica I still respected the office he held.

92 190 PS
01-13-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm sure they do to a Canadian. I'm not saying you shouldn't have a right to say anything you want to say Brent, but don't confuse Steve's passion for OUR office of the Presidency for anything other than respect. This ofice right, wrong or indifferent represents our Head of State and more importantly our Commander and Chief. In case you haven't noticed we were attacked a few years back and we're at war with a bunch of islamic extremeists that want all folks that don't think like them blown off the face of the earth. Fortunately for us and hell fortunately for you we have a Commander who doesn't give a rats A$$ what you or anyone else thinks when it comes to pretecting the freedom we all enjoy. I'm not a blanket supporter of our President, but thank GOD he doesn't give a crap what everyone else thinks......God willing we'll vote in another candidate a year from now that has the same clear vision to finish this war.

Now I'm with you Brent in that I'm done with this board and off to view something related to MC Boating...........

God Bless Bush and God Bless America.....

Brent
01-13-2008, 07:22 PM
I agree to disgree.:)

TMCNo1
01-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Hey, let's all go out and get a dipped cone @ DQ,

TX.X-30 fan
01-13-2008, 08:46 PM

Is that really the crap you f.......in. libs pass along in e-mails to each other. If it was not so pitiful it would be humerus. You and all your Canadian brethren are safe because we are here. Canada is still a country because we are here. We need to be paid for our protection of all the sorry ingrates like you or just let you fend for yourselves.

The only one in this conversation with a closed mind is you sir!!!!!

Our presidents name is George W. Bush and you have no right on this site to degrade our president What your statements says about you is more interesting, obviously of very low moral and social upbringing which is just the tip of the iceberg I would guess!!!!

Mikey
01-13-2008, 08:56 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
01-13-2008, 09:12 PM
I sure am glad Ric found that purse forum.

Maristar210
01-13-2008, 09:18 PM
[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]30787[/

Is that really the crap you f.......in. libs pass along in e-mails to each other. If it was not so pitiful it would be humerus. You and all your Canadian brethren are safe because we are here. Canada is still a country because we are here. We need to be paid for our protection of all the sorry ingrates like you or just let you fend for yourselves.

Our presidents name is George W. Bush and you have no right on this site to degrade our president What your statements says about you is more interesting, obviously of very low moral and social upbringing which is just the tip of the iceberg I would guess!!!!

See Brent I'm not so closed minded. Might want to think twice before posting garbage another countries leader, people get offended and feel the need to lash back, now go find your liberal herb poncho :D

Jim@BAWS
01-13-2008, 09:43 PM
A typical LIBERAL thought for the day !!!

"I WANT WHAT YOU HAVE, I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR IT OR EARN IT IN ANYWAY. I DESERVE IT !"

PS. How is that GST Crap you guys charge going up there. Your health care system is a GLOWING BEACON to the entire world of how HEALTH care should be provided. That's why our doctors offices in Florida are SO EMPTY all the time. You guys head south. at least the ones with money to get the BEST HEALTH care available today in the WORLD.

You are damn right everyone looks at the USA. We are the MOST powerful nation in the world and intend on staying that way.

And THANKYOU Ronald Reagan.

PSS He just happened to be AT THE TOP OF MY CHAIN OF COMMAND FOR 8 YEARS...figure that one out

Jim@BAWS

01-13-2008, 09:55 PM
DO you guys think Tony Romo got jinxed by Jessica Simpson in the stands?

Tex was wonderin'.

Mikey
01-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Hey UMP, check out these new sunglasses I bought! They sure do make me see way lots much gooder in the sunlight. You should do your eyes a favor and go buy a pair.:cool:

pram
01-13-2008, 10:38 PM
[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]30787[/

Now I read this thread over and over found myself with a bunch of things running through my head....

This post was about as tasteless as Brent's post was misplaced.

People from other countries should do their damnedest to stay out of others countries politics. Perhaps foreign policy shouldn't fall under this as it directly impacts EVERYONE in the world.

There are alot of things that should never be put in the face of anyone, that post (and this one) being one of them.

You have the right to support the office of the presidency, but if you are that blind to support who is running it 100% then there is something wrong there IMO (and I am allowed to have an opinion). I am not attacking you or your decision to follow blindly, but without questions or doubts, I beg you to tell me the differences when compared to the dictatorships of the world, past, present or future.

I take great offense to your image of the Canadian Flag as you would if it was the Stars and Stripes. That was posted in VERY POOR TASTE

And to spew that we are only here as a country is because of you, I hope was typed in a state of mind shut down. That is as ludacris as saying that the only reason that you are alive is because I send you water in a pipe or electricity in a wire.

Brent
01-13-2008, 10:45 PM
Man this is just too funny, I'm up for an Ice Cream cone at DQ.:D

Hey Ump where is that purse forum so some of these guy can find something more to their liking?:)

pram
01-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Your different perspective caused an interest all right

Can I have a double chocolate dip with strawberries??

01-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Hey UMP, check out these new sunglasses I bought! They sure do make me see way lots much gooder in the sunlight. You should do your eyes a favor and go buy a pair.:cool:
Oh those babies are SWEET Mikey!!!

Where can I get some??? :confused:

Mikey
01-13-2008, 11:07 PM

I think the internet sells them!:confused:

pram
01-13-2008, 11:07 PM

Walmart on 3rd and Snowshovel Drive

TX.X-30 fan
01-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Now I read this thread over and over found myself with a bunch of things running through my head....

This post was about as tasteless as Brent's post was misplaced.

People from other countries should do their damnedest to stay out of others countries politics. Perhaps foreign policy shouldn't fall under this as it directly impacts EVERYONE in the world.

There are a lot of things that should never be put in the face of anyone, that post (and this one) being one of them.

You have the right to support the office of the presidency, but if you are that blind to support who is running it 100% then there is something wrong there IMO (and I am allowed to have an opinion). I am not attacking you or your decision to follow blindly, but without questions or doubts, I beg you to tell me the differences when compared to the dictatorships of the world, past, present or future.

I take great offense to your image of the Canadian Flag as you would if it was the Stars and Stripes. That was posted in VERY POOR TASTE

And to spew that we are only here as a country is because of you, I hope was typed in a state of mind shut down. That is as ludicrous as saying that the only reason that you are alive is because I send you water in a pipe or electricity in a wire.

What was posted in pooooor taste was a ridiculous piece of Internet e-mail spam.

If Canada wants respect in the northern hemisphere they need to take a stand against what is clearly an assault against all our ways of life. To just stand back and criticize the country with the willingness to stand and fight seems childish to all who love what our forefathers have fought and died to preserve???

Again you surmise we all support our govt. blindly, please show where you derive this opinion from???

Our current administration is now a dictatorship on the lines of present and past???? Poe Pot, Hitler and such, that Sir is as ridiculous as the postings of your countrymen Brent!!!!!

I have never initiated any negative posts towards Canada, and would never stick my nose into your political system on a Canadian boat companies web site!!

I will remove the flag stuff because it would piss me off is the same was posted, But don't tell me Canada and all of north America has not benefited from what the United States of America has done and spent to protect all our freedoms for the past 100 years or so!

Edit: Don't really get the water and power comment, we have all of both where I live????

01-13-2008, 11:21 PM
I think the internet sells them!:confused:

well I am sure glad about that!!! I was beginning to worry!

Mikey
01-13-2008, 11:31 PM
well I am sure glad about that!!! I was beginning to worry!

If you cant find them on the internet I think that guy standing on the corner of Broad st. and Main st. sells them for like $5 or something. And Im sure they are AUTHENTIC Oakleys.:rolleyes:

01-13-2008, 11:39 PM
well thats good. I will sleep better tonight now.

pram
01-14-2008, 12:09 AM
What was posted in pooooor taste was a ridiculous piece of Internet e-mail spam.

If Canada wants respect in the northern hemisphere they need to take a stand against what is clearly an assault against all our ways of life. To just stand back and criticize the country with the willingness to stand and fight seems childish to all who love what our forefathers have fought and died to preserve???

Again you surmise we all support our govt. blindly, please show where you derive this opinion from???

Our current administration is now a dictatorship on the lines of present and past???? Poe Pot, Hitler and such, that Sir is as ridiculous as the postings of your countrymen Brent!!!!!

I have never initiated any negative posts towards Canada, and would never stick my nose into your political system on a Canadian boat companies web site!!

I will remove the flag stuff because it would piss me off is the same was posted, But don't tell me Canada and all of north America has not benefited from what the United States of America has done and spent to protect all our freedoms for the past 100 years or so!

I do not disagree that Canada needs to stand up and take a more forefront position on alot of things. I for one would welcome it. The criticism from others, unfortunately, comes with the territory on many many levels (from war to Healthcare) it is impossible to please all of the people all of the time.

I never said that you in particular blindly support your government ( I apologize if that is how it came across), it is one to thing to respect the office but it is another to not question it's actions.

I am not saying that your previous, current or upcoming government is a dictatorship, what I am saying is that without question (by the men , woman, and children of the country) or by blindly following the herd, so to speak, that is where dictatorship will come from. Ask any leader in war how important it is for his men to feel like they belong to something larger than themselves. Surely you must see what will happen without questioning from the masses.

I appreciate you taking down that picture.

I agree you never initiated any negative posts against Canada, but at the same time, you fueled the fire and that I found to be uncalled for.

To argue and say that The US has not benefited other countries in the past would be foolish just as it would be foolish to say that everything they have done has been beneficial.

sully
01-14-2008, 12:26 AM
This web site is supposed to about Mastercraft boats and the people who enjoy them and share you knowlege and experience. I you have a political agenda isn't there a better place on the web to post your views?
Come On!

'02xrider
01-14-2008, 12:28 AM
Why is it that in the land of the free, there are so many that are quick to ridicule those that think differently than them??

'02xrider
01-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Never mind, I figured it out....we are all supposed to be part of the herd and follow the others to the slaughter house.

01-14-2008, 12:47 AM
This web site is supposed to about Mastercraft boats and the people who enjoy them and share you knowlege and experience. I you have a political agenda isn't there a better place on the web to post your views?
Come On!

Gene???:confused:

betsy&david Harrison
01-14-2008, 12:50 AM
Hey.. Gene has a new profession... he sells scrap boat parts in Oklahoma now

01-14-2008, 12:52 AM
Hey.. Gene has a new profession... he sells scrap boat parts in Oklahoma now
well thats better than selling sunglasses in Texas.

betsy&david Harrison
01-14-2008, 12:57 AM
I googled him under boat salvage!!

TX.X-30 fan
01-14-2008, 02:25 AM
I do not disagree that Canada needs to stand up and take a more forefront position on alot of things. I for one would welcome it. The criticism from others, unfortunately, comes with the territory on many many levels (from war to Healthcare) it is impossible to please all of the people all of the time.

I never said that you in particular blindly support your government ( I apologize if that is how it came across), it is one to thing to respect the office but it is another to not question it's actions.

I am not saying that your previous, current or upcoming government is a dictatorship, what I am saying is that without question (by the men , woman, and children of the country) or by blindly following the herd, so to speak, that is where dictatorship will come from. Ask any leader in war how important it is for his men to feel like they belong to something larger than themselves. Surely you must see what will happen without questioning from the masses.

I appreciate you taking down that picture.

I agree you never initiated any negative posts against Canada, but at the same time, you fueled the fire and that I found to be uncalled for.

To argue and say that The US has not benefited other countries in the past would be foolish just as it would be foolish to say that everything they have done has been beneficial.

WELL SAID MY FRIEND TO THE NORTH!!!!

Ric
01-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Hey UMP, check out these new sunglasses I bought! They sure do make me see way lots much gooder in the sunlight. You should do your eyes a favor and go buy a pair.:cool: junk .

Ric
01-14-2008, 11:15 AM
junk .

01-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Do you people think that Jessica Simpson ruined the Cowboys chances of winning that playoff game against the Giants last night? :confused:

Ric
01-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Do you people think that Jessica Simpson ruined the Cowboys chances of winning that playoff game against the Giants last night? :confused: I think I don't argue with Canadians. It's truly pointless.

01-14-2008, 11:43 AM
I am not canadian. they arent really leasing us. that was all a cruel hoax like the cheese.

Ric
01-14-2008, 11:44 AM
I am not canadian. they arent really leasing us. that was all a cruel hoax like the cheese. welcome back ump!

Maristar210
01-14-2008, 11:51 AM
welcome back ump!

You a$$hole don't encourage him. It was nice and quiet around here.

No damn Tru Dat's every fifteen minutes :rolleyes:

Man Ric you really ****ed up my day 8p

mrprostar
01-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Do you people think that Jessica Simpson ruined the Cowboys chances of winning that playoff game against the Giants last night? :confused:

No Tony Romo, Patrick Crayton, and ALLLLLLL the flippin penalties ruined their chances of winning. I can't figure out what happened since the Green Bay game in Dallas. I was at that game and I was sure they were Super Bowl bound. I guess so did the whole team so they quit playing.

Jim@BAWS
01-14-2008, 12:06 PM
HEY UMP Welcome back

Saw a Nice piece in ESPN this morning about
PARADISE MI in the UP...Neat Story

PS you are pretty close to Canada arn't you?

Jim@BAWS

01-14-2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks Jim & Ric. well, I am "Kinda sorta" back.

Remember about 10 years ago on WCW wrestling when Sting became an outcast and dressed all in black with the sad black & white face paint, and hid up in the rafters & ceilings of stadiums, and just darted down with a rapelling device to the ring and wreaked havoc with a baseball bat and then disappear when he saw fit? thats kinda what I am doing here. I am just going to sit quietly up in the rafters here at TMC, and when I see fit, I will come down and make a comment, and then disappear....

mcdoon
01-14-2008, 12:40 PM

Remember about 10 years ago on WCW wrestling when Sting became an outcast and dressed all in black with the sad black & white face paint, and hid up in the rafters & ceilings of stadiums, and just darted down with a rapelling device to the ring and wreaked havoc with a baseball bat and then disappear when he saw fit? thats kinda what I am doing here. I am just going to sit quietly up in the rafters here at TMC, and when I see fit, I will come down and make a comment, and then disappear....

That reminds me -- I was in Home Depot last night and noticed they have this problem with birds hiding in the rafters, chirping up a racket and crapping all over the place. Hope this doesn't happen to you. :D

sand2snow22
01-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Didn't one of them fall out of the rafters and die? Hart maybe?

Leroy
01-14-2008, 12:47 PM
I just love Bush's sayings.

"We can outcompete with anybody."
George W. Bush
March 11, 2004
Bay Shore, New York.

Maristar210
01-14-2008, 01:40 PM
HEY UMP Welcome back

Saw a Nice piece in ESPN this morning about
PARADISE MI in the UP...Neat Story

PS you are pretty close to Canada arn't you?

Jim@BAWS

Jim,

I saw the same piece. That elderly man looked like a great source of inspiration.
:cool:

UMP is west of there a couple hundred miles:D

Maristar210
01-14-2008, 01:42 PM
I just love Bush's sayings.

"We can outcompete with anybody."
George W. Bush
March 11, 2004
Bay Shore, New York.

and Gerald R Ford tripped and fell a lot but since he's dead I guess we'll leave him out of it? After all wouldn't want to cross any lines of patriotism :D

east tx skier
01-14-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm going to quote the late, great Colonel Sanders and UMP quoting Styx, all who said, "This thread sucks!"

Mikey
01-14-2008, 02:35 PM
junk .

:rant: Just who do you think you are Mr. (or is it Mrs?) criticizing my choice of sunglasses. Al Gore says Oakleys are the bestest sunglasses in the whole world so thats what I am gonna wear!8p :D

TX.X-30 fan
01-14-2008, 08:03 PM
George Bush was the right man for the job. When he took office we had been terrorized throughout the world for 20 years and we looked the other way. This is why we were attacked, because there was a perception of weakness and a reality of indifference. The truth is under our current leader we have kept the Islamic terrorists at bay and have made real progress in putting an end to these 4th century rejects. I has been through strength not weakness that we (under his leadership) made great strides against this plague that has its sights on converting the world to some barbaric sudo-religion. All the inane e-mails in the world cannot refute the truth that we who inhabit this northern hemisphere are collectively safer because on what our current leaders have done and yes this includes George W. Bush.

History will show that there was a man that stood his ground and never wavered against a constant assaults on his character and administration. One has to have the ability to see beyond what all the pop culture air heads collectively say and actually use some of that grey matter that god gave you.

It may be the "in" thing to bash Bush at cocktail parties and around the coffee pot at work, Just take a moment to realize that his and thousands of others have sacrificed for your right to speak you mind. Those that he waged this war against will not be as receptive to your opinions????

Edit: Oh and by the way I have a laundry list of stuff I disagree with the current administation about. Like free meds for my elderly neighbors that have more in trust funds for their kids than most will ever have for themselves.

h20_skidog
01-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Someone sent me this almost perfect definition...

Democrats: sheep who continue to vote for people who promise them wool coats, but who can't comprehend where the wool for those coats will come from.

VirtualWi
01-15-2008, 10:25 AM
ahhh...never mind ;) Sorry, didn't mean to post here!

Maristar210
01-15-2008, 10:50 AM
George Bush was the right man for the job. When he took office we had been terrorized throughout the world for 20 years and we looked the other way. This is why we were attacked, because there was a perception of weakness and a reality of indifference. The truth is under our current leader we have kept the Islamic terrorists at bay and have made real progress in putting an end to these 4th century rejects. I has been through strength not weakness that we (under his leadership) made great strides against this plague that has its sights on converting the world to some barbaric sudo-religion. All the inane e-mails in the world cannot refute the truth that we who inhabit this northern hemisphere are collectively safer because on what our current leaders have done and yes this includes George W. Bush.

History will show that there was a man that stood his ground and never wavered against a constant assaults on his character and administration. One has to have the ability to see beyond what all the pop culture air heads collectively say and actually use some of that grey matter that god gave you.

It may be the "in" thing to bash Bush at cocktail parties and around the coffee pot at work, Just take a moment to realize that his and thousands of others have sacrificed for your right to speak you mind. Those that he waged this war against will not be as receptive to your opinions????

Edit: Oh and by the way I have a laundry list of stuff I disagree with the current administation about. Like free meds for my elderly neighbors that have more in trust funds for their kids than most will ever have for themselves.

I wonder what Hoosier Bob is Drinkin'? Me and UMP wanna know :D

Ric
01-15-2008, 11:13 AM

Edit: Oh and by the way I have a laundry list of stuff I disagree with the current administation about. Like free meds for my elderly neighbors that have more in trust funds for their kids than most will ever have for themselves. quoted, because I like this post.

I once told some conservative & republican friends roughly the same thing you said here TeX30 and I believe it. History will prove this guy right. Can't say the same for clinton, carter, gore, kerry, clintonskirt etc.

01-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Nice purse Ric.

Ric
01-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Don't even start with me cheeseboy

sully
01-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Richard Nixon

01-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Richard Nixon

Did he have any cats?

RexDog1
01-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Did he have any cats?

yes he did and thay were on a bus:rolleyes:

Ric
01-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Did he have any cats? he had bad kittys .

TX.X-30 fan
01-15-2008, 11:16 PM
Bad kitty has some sweet bags!!!!!!!

TX.X-30 fan
01-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Clearly Defines Difference between the Two Parties

"If the New Hampshire debates settled anything, it's which party has the
stomach to take on radical Islam. The Democrats couldn't even identify
the enemy. Not once. Really. We scanned the transcripts of Saturday's
debates hosted by ABC News and tallied up the references to Islamic
terrorism. The rhetorical divide between Democrats and Republicans on that
score alone---ignoring the yawning gaps in policy---is stunning. None of the
four Democrat presidential candidates---despite running for an office that
demands they lead the ongoing global war against Islamic extremists---could
bring himself or herself to define the enemy we face as Islamic. Their combined
references to 'Islam' or 'Islamic' totaled zero---even though moderator Charles
Gibson prompted them with a question about 'Islamic radicals' threatening
the U.S. with nuclear terrorism. But Democrats refused to go there. Out
of respect for their constituency, there was a complete blackout regarding
Islamic jihad... Republicans, on the other hand, called the enemy by its proper
name. The candidates referred to terrorists and terrorism as 'Islamic,' while
also citing radical 'Islam' as the problem, no less than 22 times... They get
it. Democrats don't. They talked a lot about 'fighting' ---fighting insurance
companies and big business and Wall Street and polluters. But will they fight
the real enemy---Islamic terrorists?... These contrasting performances in
New Hampshire should crystallize in voters' minds more than any other recent
example how one party understands the titanic challenge we face from radical
Islam, while the other decidedly does not." ---Investor's Business Daily

Jus Sayin??? ;)

01-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Iron Maiden

Maristar210
01-18-2008, 01:11 PM
I thought the gay guy from Judas Priest was a Democrat not the dudes from Iron Maiden :D

TX.X-30 fan
01-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Iron Butterfly???

Ric
01-18-2008, 01:31 PM
I thought the gay guy from Judas Priest was a Democrat not the dudes from Iron Maiden :D that dude might be gay but the Priest rocked

Maristar210
01-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Still got it in my head:

Breakin the law, breakin the law !!!!!!
aaaahhhh the memories.

TX.X-30 fan
01-18-2008, 03:43 PM
I-pod boat music there!!!!!!!

01-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Wasted Years

RexDog1
02-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Who said it?

1) "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

A. Karl Marx

B. Adolph Hitler

C. Joseph Stalin

D. None of the above

2) "It's time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by the few, and for the few......

And to replace it with shared responsibility for shared prosperity."

A. Lenin

B. Mussolini

C. Idi Amin

D. None of the Above

3) "(We) can't just let business as usual go on, and that means something has to be taken away from some people."

A. Nikita Khrushev

B. Josef Goebbels

C. Boris Yeltsin

D. None of the above

4) "We have to build a political consensus and that requires people to give up a little bit of their own ... in order to create this common ground."

A. Mao Tse Dung

B. Hugo Chavez

C. Kim Jong Il

D. None of the above

5) "I certainly think the free-market has failed."

A. Karl Marx

B. Lenin

C. Molotov

D. None of the above

6) "I think it's time to send a clear message to what has become the most profitable sector in (the) entire economy that they are being watched."

A. Pinochet

B. Milosevic

C. Saddam Hussein

D. None of the above

Scroll down for answers

Answers

(1) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/29/2004

(2) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 5/29/2007

(3) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007

(4) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007

(5) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007

(6) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 9/2/2005

3event
02-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Thanks REXDOG, I've heard those before but it's a timely reminder!

And this week Bill Clinton was quoted as saying we may need to slow down our economy to combat global warming. In other words, according to Billary and their political comrades, global warming hysteria does in fact require taking money from all of us to pay for programs and requires reducing our wealth by stifling the economy that generates tax revenue and pays our wages.

Think about it, y'all. AND THEN MAKE SURE YOU VOTE!

Roonie's
02-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Who said it?

1) "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

A. Karl Marx

B. Adolph Hitler

C. Joseph Stalin

D. None of the above

2) "It's time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by the few, and for the few......

And to replace it with shared responsibility for shared prosperity."

A. Lenin

B. Mussolini

C. Idi Amin

D. None of the Above

3) "(We) can't just let business as usual go on, and that means something has to be taken away from some people."

A. Nikita Khrushev

B. Josef Goebbels

C. Boris Yeltsin

D. None of the above

4) "We have to build a political consensus and that requires people to give up a little bit of their own ... in order to create this common ground."

A. Mao Tse Dung

B. Hugo Chavez

C. Kim Jong Il

D. None of the above

5) "I certainly think the free-market has failed."

A. Karl Marx

B. Lenin

C. Molotov

D. None of the above

6) "I think it's time to send a clear message to what has become the most profitable sector in (the) entire economy that they are being watched."

A. Pinochet

B. Milosevic

C. Saddam Hussein

D. None of the above

Scroll down for answers

Answers

(1) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/29/2004

(2) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 5/29/2007

(3) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007

(4) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007

(5) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007

(6) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 9/2/2005

Of course all these Marxist comments were taken out of context and are not stand alone comments. However that takes the fun out of the email doesn't it? For full commentary check out snopes.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/marxist.asp

Ric
02-01-2008, 11:56 AM
well I don't know if those quotes are true but I can tell you for a fact, in context. I listened to Hillary being interviewed in the 90's regarding her secret health care plan.
When pressed as to how small business could handle the expense of her health plan, her answer was verbatim " I cannot be responsible for every undercapitalized business ".

While the word "I" floored me at the time, the basis of the statement is pure communism.

mcdoon
02-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Of course all these Marxist comments were taken out of context and are not stand alone comments. However that takes the fun out of the email doesn't it? For full commentary check out snopes.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/marxist.asp

Snopes characteristically doesn't take a political stand, but I will.

The full context of her "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good" remark doesn't leave her any less a socialist. Lefties think my tax money is theirs to begin with and even if it isn't they know how to spend it better than I do. That kind of thinking leads to socialism my friend, so don't try to hide behind Snopes. She's a socialist, you're a socialist. Just admit it and let's get on with the debate. 8p

Leroy
02-05-2008, 05:24 PM
I really don't like fanning political fires either way, but in searching and trying to read about the different candidates positions I ran across this....on the website:

http://www.voteforhillaryonline.com/issues.html

http://www.voteforhillaryonline.com/americanflag.gifHillary Clinton: The Issueshttp://www.voteforhillaryonline.com/americanflag.gif

A comprehensive list of Hillary Clinton's positions on the issues

http://www.voteforhillaryonline.com/underconstruction.gif
This webpage is under construction.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

02-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Now Leroy.....your a moderator.

TX.X-30 fan
02-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan

TX.X-30 fan
02-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Government always finds a need for whatever money it gets.
Ronald Reagan

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

TX.X-30 fan
02-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

TX.X-30 fan
02-05-2008, 10:04 PM
How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

TX.X-30 fan
02-05-2008, 10:05 PM
How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

TX.X-30 fan
02-05-2008, 10:07 PM
If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
Ronald Reagan

TX.X-30 fan
02-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Man is not free unless government is limited.
Ronald Reagan

TX.X-30 fan
02-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Politics I supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
Ronald Reagan

TX.X-30 fan
02-05-2008, 10:11 PM
The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
Ronald Reagan

The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.
Ronald Reagan

TX.X-30 fan
02-05-2008, 10:13 PM
There are no easy answers' but there are simple answers. We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right.
Ronald Reagan

TX.X-30 fan
02-05-2008, 10:14 PM
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
Ronald Reagan

TX.X-30 fan
02-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face.
Ronald Reagan

Without God, democracy will not and cannot long endure.
Ronald Reagan

Monte
02-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Good posts TX.............

TX.X-30 fan
02-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Hopefully someone will come along at just the right time as this man did, but sadly this will not be the year!!!!

02-05-2008, 10:39 PM
this thread is getting political.

Monte
02-05-2008, 11:15 PM
this thread is getting political.

UMP you have to read the title of the thread:rolleyes:

Leroy
02-06-2008, 01:02 AM
I was just browsing the web and found this on what appeared to be a Hillary site.

Monte you are quite right...

Now Leroy.....your a moderator.

als2104
02-06-2008, 10:48 AM
An obvious choice can be unnerving. When the apparent perfection of one option or the unspeakable awfulness of another makes a decision seem too easy, it is human nature to become suspicious.

This instinct intensifies as the stakes of the given choice are raised. American voters know no greater responsibility to their country and to the world than to select their president wisely.

While we do not yet know who the Democrat and Republican nominees will be, any combination of the leading candidates from either party will make for the most obvious choice put to American voters in a generation. To wit, none of the Democrats has any business being president.

This pronouncement has less to do with any apparent perfection among the Republican candidates than with the intellectual and experiential paucity evinced by the Democratic field. "Not ready for prime time," goes the vernacular, but this does not suffice to describe how bad things are.

Alongside Hillary Clinton, add Barack Obama's kindergarten essays to an already confused conversation about Dennis Kucinich's UFO sightings, dueling celebrity endorsements and who can be quickest to retreat from America's global conflict and raise taxes on the American people, and it becomes clear that these are profoundly unserious individuals.

To be sure, there has been a fair amount of rubbish and rhubarb on the Republican side (Ron Paul, call your office), but even a cursory review of the legislative and professional records of the leading contenders from each party reveals a disparity akin to adults competing with children.

For the Republicans, Rudy Giuliani served as a two-term mayor of New York City, turning a budget deficit into a surplus and taming what was thought to be an ungovernable metropolis. Prior to that, he held the third-highest rank in the Reagan Justice Department, obtaining over 4,000 convictions.

Mitt Romney, before serving as governor of Massachusetts, founded a venture capital firm that created billions of dollars in shareholder value, and he then went on to save the Salt Lake City Olympics.

While much is made of Mike Huckabee's history as a Baptist minister, he was also a governor for more than a decade and, while Arkansas is hardly a "cradle of presidents," it has launched at least one previous chief executive to national office.

John McCain's legislative and military career spans five decades, with half that time having been spent in the Congress.

Even Fred Thompson, whose excess of nonchalance has transformed his once-promising campaign into nothing more than a theoretical possibility, has more experience in the U.S. Senate than any of the leading Democratic candidates.

With just over one term as a Senator to her credit, Hillary Clinton boasts the most extensive record of the potential Democratic nominees. In that time, Senator Clinton cannot claim a single legislative accomplishment of note, and she is best known lately for requesting $1-million from Congress
for a museum to commemorate Woodstock.

Barack Obama is nearing the halfway point of his first term in the Senate, having previously served as an Illinois state legislator and, as Clinton has correctly pointed out, has done nothing but run for president since he first arrived in Washington. Between calling for the invasion of Pakistan and fumbling a simple question on driver's licenses for illegal aliens, Obama has shown that he is not the fellow to whom the nation ought to hike the nuclear football.

John Edwards, meanwhile, embodies the adage that the American people will elect anyone to Congress -- once. From his $1,200 haircuts to his personal war on poverty, proclaimed from the porch of his 28,000-square-foot home,
purchased with the proceeds of preposterous lawsuits exploiting infant cerebral palsy, Edwards is living proof that history can play out as tragedy and farce simultaneously.

Forget for a moment all that you believe about public policy. Discard your notions about taxes and Iraq, free trade and crime, and consider solely the experience of these two sets of candidates. Is there any serious issue that you would prefer to entrust to a person with the Democrats' experience, rather than that of any of the Republicans?

Now consider the state of debate in each party. While the Republicans compare tax proposals and the best way to prosecute the War on Terror, Democrats are divining the patterns and meaning of the glitter and dried macaroni glued to the page of one of their leading candidate's kindergarten projects.

Does this decision not become unsettlingly simple?

tommcat
02-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face.
Ronald Reagan

Without God, democracy will not and cannot long endure.
Ronald Reagan
As an atheist i have to disagree with that line of thinking

SkiDog
02-06-2008, 11:19 AM
You've obviously never seen the birth of a baby!:( :confused: Also, if you're not a believer, give us all the money you have that say's 'In GOD we Trust' on it!

Ric
02-06-2008, 11:24 AM
As an atheist i have to disagree with that line of thinking for real?

tommcat
02-06-2008, 11:34 AM
for real?

for real. i dont like the thinking that you need to believe in god and follow a religion to be a good person or good american.

tommcat
02-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Also, if you're not a believer, give us all the money you have that say's 'In GOD we Trust' on it!
i just spend it, i didnt design it;)

02-06-2008, 12:00 PM
What about monopoly money?

tommcat
02-06-2008, 12:08 PM
What about monopoly money?
i tried spending that at the quickie mart, they wouldnt take it.

mrprostar
02-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Even for the most logical, scientific-minded person in the world it is hard for me to understand how someone can be an atheist. Like someone else said, have you ever seen a baby born? If there is no God, how did we get here? It can't possibly be the THEORY of evolution? Any reputable scientist will tell you that the theory is chemically impossible not to mention statistically impossible. Look around you. Look at weather. Look at the oceans. Look at the human body. When I see these things I do not see chance. I see a creation that came from a plan. A plan that a human mind could not fathom up on his own. Chance never had a single thought, so how could it have a plan, especially one like this. I could go on all day. But to the point of this thread... This country was based on God and the Bible. Unfortunately over time we have tried to minimize God and build ourselves up like we did something important, but we didn't. I completely agree with Ronald Reagan, who is one of the best leaders this world has ever seen. Without God, this country will see its demise. So hopefully those of you who read this and vote will vote knowing that.

Maristar210
02-06-2008, 01:16 PM

Hi Hillary

tommcat
02-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Even for the most logical, scientific-minded person in the world it is hard for me to understand how someone can be an atheist. Like someone else said, have you ever seen a baby born? If there is no God, how did we get here? It can't possibly be the THEORY of evolution? Any reputable scientist will tell you that the theory is chemically impossible not to mention statistically impossible. Look around you. Look at weather. Look at the oceans. Look at the human body. When I see these things I do not see chance. I see a creation that came from a plan. A plan that a human mind could not fathom up on his own. Chance never had a single thought, so how could it have a plan, especially one like this. I could go on all day. But to the point of this thread... This country was based on God and the Bible. Unfortunately over time we have tried to minimize God and build ourselves up like we did something important, but we didn't. I completely agree with Ronald Reagan, who is one of the best leaders this world has ever seen. Without God, this country will see its demise. So hopefully those of you who read this and vote will vote knowing that.
i'm sure the greeks believed in their gods just as much as you believe in yours. greek mythology didnt seem to keep their civilization together though.

i cant personally see how anyone could even remotely begin to believe in some magical, higher power. but the difference between atheists and religious people is that we are fine letting people have their beliefs(as long as they cause me no harm) but religious people will kill other people over their beliefs.

tommcat
02-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi Hillary
cant stand that b*tch. her and her wife bill have proven that they have no moral standards and seem to be ok with cheating on a spouse, lying under oath and many other things. then she doesnt even have the balls to divorce him or stand up for herself. so i dont see how she would stand up for our country if need be. just your stereotypical professional politicians

Jesus_Freak
02-06-2008, 01:50 PM
for real. i dont like the thinking that you need to believe in god and follow a religion to be a good person or good american.

I am a little late to the party and was not necessarily invited, but I see the need to ask two questions:

1. Who defines "good"?
2. Why be "good" if you are an athiest? Remember, you are a result of accidental random physical occurrences with no real purpose or value. edit...Why get up in the morning? Why work for the common good? Why work hard? If life doesnt matter, why bother?

Jesus_Freak
02-06-2008, 01:52 PM
i'm sure the greeks believed in their gods just as much as you believe in yours.

Yes sir, but there is a striking difference behind the foundations of said belief systems. One is a book written by 40 authors over thousands of years that all says the same thing and has stood the test of time, fulfilled prophecies, etc. The other is completely void of any proof or validation documentation.

mrprostar
02-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Tommcat- you talk about right and wrong with the Clintons but they have the same views as you. There is no basis for right and wrong in atheism. That is the whole point of atheism. If you really believe what you say you would tell the Clintons, "good job. you did what you believed was right and didn't harm me in the process." You contridict yourself.

mrprostar
02-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Also, can you give me an example of a Christian killing someone for having opposing beliefs?

Monte
02-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Also, can you give me an example of a Christian killing someone for having opposing beliefs?

I'm on your side, but The Great Crusades are a huge example. Then you have the Salem witch trials.. It would be hard for an athiest to kill someone for their religious beliefs, because they have none.

tommcat
02-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Also, can you give me an example of a Christian killing someone for having opposing beliefs?the crusades, salem witch trials, inquisitions, etc.
christians even wrote a full book on how to tortune people until they accepted christian beliefs.

and you cant honestly tell me you think you need to believe in god to know write from worng or to have decent moral beliefs? how ridiculous can you get? as an atheist i know it's wrong to molest children, steal money and kill, catholic priests dont seem to.

if believing in god was the determining factor then no religious people would do things like that and i would be corrupt as they get. i know of an awful lot of religious people who are horrible people, and a bunch of non believers who are great people.

Monte
02-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Tommcat I just cannot fathom.. "Nothing"....

tommcat
02-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Yes sir, but there is a striking difference behind the foundations of said belief systems. One is a book written by 40 authors over thousands of years that all says the same thing and has stood the test of time, fulfilled prophecies, etc. The other is completely void of any proof or validation documentation.that's your point of view. the fact that it rained and there was thunder was 100% proof to greeks that Zeuss was real. you and i know that's ridiculous but they believed it as wholeheartedly as you believe in your god.
i look at the bible as a nice work of fiction, interesting reading with some historical significance but i see no more proof of god in the bible than i do proof of the force in the movie star wars.

to each his own, whatever you want to believe is fine with me. difference is i wont condemn you for your beliefs. you will and have condemned me for my lack of.

tommcat
02-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Tommcat I just cannot fathom.. "Nothing"....
and that's cool with me.

SkiDog
02-06-2008, 02:23 PM
the crusades, salem witch trials, inquisitions, etc.
christians even wrote a full book on how to tortune people until they accepted christian beliefs.

and you cant honestly tell me you think you need to believe in god to know write from worng or to have decent moral beliefs? how ridiculous can you get? as an atheist i know it's wrong to molest children, steal money and kill, catholic priests dont seem to.

if believing in god was the determining factor then no religious people would do things like that and i would be corrupt as they get. i know of an awful lot of religious people who are horrible people, and a bunch of non believers who are great people.

No, I think you might know a bunch of horrible people that CLAIM to be religious, but are a far cry from it.:(

SkiDog
02-06-2008, 02:24 PM

Well said!

SkiDog
02-06-2008, 02:25 PM
I am a little late to the party and was not necessarily invited, but I see the need to ask two questions:

1. Who defines "good"?
2. Why be "good" if you are an athiest? Remember, you are a result of accidental random physical occurrences with no real purpose or value. edit...Why get up in the morning? Why work for the common good? Why work hard? If life doesnt matter, why bother?

well said too!!!!!!!!!

tommcat
02-06-2008, 02:31 PM

1. Who defines "good"?
2. Why be "good" if you are an athiest?
I define good

and the reason is because it's the right thing to do, unlike others who try to be good just so they dont go to "hell"

i'd rather be around people who are good because they want to be than with people who try to act right out of fear of retribution from a god.

mrprostar
02-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Skidog you are right. If every "religious" person were perfect there would be no need for Jesus as a Savior. The truth is we are all awful terrible people who do unspeakable things. Christianity is based on the fact that we are saved through Jesus for being awful people. Sure there are a lot of people who call themselves religious but do terrible things without regret and without any thought except about themselves. Perhaps they are not living life with God and perhaps they are not really saved, but who am I to judge them for that? I started this whole thing by saying that it is hard for me to believe that someone could believe there is no God. I am not condemning you for being an atheist, but you will be judged for your beliefs just like I will be and I would like you to put some serious thought into it. What if you are wrong? What will be your eternal consequence if you are wrong? I'm not a Christian because I'm trying to cover all of my bases. I am a Christian because to me it is obvious that God created me and everything around me. Again, I am not judging you. I am challenging your beliefs to make you put more thought and research into it. I love it when people do that for me because it never fails to make my faith stronger.

mrprostar
02-06-2008, 02:37 PM
I define good

and the reason is because it's the right thing to do, unlike others who try to be good just so they dont go to "hell"

i'd rather be around people who are good because they want to be than with people who try to act right out of fear of retribution from a god.

ok...if you decide what is good is that what is good for everyone? or does each person decide what is good? You also mentioned something about knowing what is right and wrong just because you do. Where does that come from? Where does your concience come from?

Maristar210
02-06-2008, 02:44 PM
I wonder what Hoosier Bob is drinking. UMP and I were wondering :D

tommcat
02-06-2008, 02:50 PM
ok...if you decide what is good is that what is good for everyone? or does each person decide what is good? You also mentioned something about knowing what is right and wrong just because you do. Where does that come from? Where does your concience come from?in my opinion(and maybe only my case) it comes from good parents who taught me right from wrong, how to treat people and also to think for myself. all of which made me who i am today.

Ric
02-06-2008, 03:51 PM
watching the primary results last nite, msnbc broke some of the exit polling down by demographics such as religion.
One showed how many evangelicals voted a certain way in Georgia as opposed to "non-evangelicals". I have been on this earth alotta years and never bothered to learn just exactly what an "evangelical" is...

Without googling, what is an evangelical?

I thought it was a conglomeration of all christians.... as opposed to jews, agnostics or other non-muslim/non-christians... apparantly I was wrong.

mrprostar
02-06-2008, 04:09 PM
I have often wondered that myself. It is a word that gets thrown around a lot. I thought the same thing about the word. It was a general term that covered all denominations of Christianity and Catholicism. It seems like it covers more than that. Why did you think you were wrong, Ric?

Roonie's
02-06-2008, 04:14 PM
evangelical usually refers to a born again Christian. Someone who actively promotes their religion to those who need to be saved. Most fundamentalists are evangelical, however not every evangelical is a fundamentalist.

Historically they only reffered to Protestant faiths but in modern times the meaning has changed and covers a lot of Christian denominations. It is Christian specific since it refers to someone who believes in the Gospels.

mrprostar
02-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Thats the definition of the word, yes. In this instance is that who they are referring too? I guess it would depend on what people consider themselves because they would have to ask them what they are.

Ric
02-06-2008, 05:23 PM
well I was with a catholic and a baptist when I raised this question yesterday and they both agreed that evangelicals believe in witness or bearing witness. Kinda like what Roonies said, they must tell their story to non believers etc. is witnessing.. They both agreed that Catholics are not considered evangelicals.
They stated that some Catholics witness, but it's not a basis or requirement of theirs...

Ric
02-06-2008, 05:26 PM
so, if you are exit polled (maybe I should get ump to start a poll on exit polling!)
are you likely to tell the truth? do you think you'd be likely to give the exit pollster the same answers you gave the primary or pre primary pollsters? (assuming you were polled by both).

all that aside, what category does the pollster put you in if you say your are atheist, agnostic, etc? Obviously not evangelical...

X2M
02-06-2008, 05:36 PM
so, if you are exit polled (maybe I should get ump to start a poll on exit polling!)
are you likely to tell the truth? do you think you'd be likely to give the exit pollster the same answers you gave the primary or pre primary pollsters? (assuming you were polled by both).

all that aside, what category does the pollster put you in if you say your are atheist, agnostic, etc? Obviously not evangelical...

You are way overthinking this stuff Ric.:rolleyes:

Ric
02-06-2008, 06:04 PM
You are way overthinking this stuff Ric.:rolleyes: UNDOUBTEDLY :D

RexDog1
02-06-2008, 06:07 PM

Hummm? :confused: Ric and thinking.............:rolleyes: ..............

Leroy
02-06-2008, 08:39 PM
It's not really cheating :) I'm sure they knew this and explained it as they categorized people...

The term 'evangelical', in a lexical but less commonly used sense, refers to anything implied in the belief that Jesus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus) is the Messiah. The word comes from the Greek (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_language) word for 'Gospel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel)' or 'good news': ευαγγελιον evangelion, from eu- "good" and angelion "message". In that strictest sense, to be evangelical would mean to be merely Christian, that is, founded upon, motivated by, acting in agreement with, spreading the "good news" message of the New Testament (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Testament).
In Western cultural usage the word Evangelical has generally referred to Protestantism, with its intended contrast to Roman Catholicism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_Church). At different times the name has developed nuances according to the controversies of the age, although many Catholics consider themselves "Evangelical" in the sense that they must spread the Gospel message in their daily lives, as well as to the world.

Without googling, what is an evangelical?

TX.X-30 fan
02-06-2008, 10:25 PM
in my opinion(and maybe only my case) it comes from good parents who taught me right from wrong, how to treat people and also to think for myself. all of which made me who i am today.

I think you still miss the gentlemans point, if as you say it comes from your parents where did they get it from or their parents and so on and so on? The belief you have is that somehow your parents just happened upon all the principles that are found in the 10 comandments.

All of these feelings of right and wrong we feel as humans comes from our souls. Where do these souls come from???

TX.X-30 fan
02-06-2008, 10:43 PM

That may very well be true, but some are wayyyyyyyyyyy under-thinking it too!!

Jus sayin. :D

X2M
02-06-2008, 11:01 PM
That may very well be true, but some are wayyyyyyyyyyy under-thinking it too!!

Jus sayin. :D

Way underthinking exit polls?? :confused:

Ric
02-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Hummm? :confused: Ric and thinking.............:rolleyes: ..............
if you fruits and nuts in california must know... That post didn't require alotta thought..... Sorry :cool:

RexDog1
02-07-2008, 10:23 AM
if you fruits and nuts in california must know... That post didn't require alotta thought..... Sorry :cool:

I am not a fruit or a nut, just a plain old pot smoking, seal killer …… :rolleyes: you are so right!!!! :D no thought in my post, :o I was a loss for words, I was going to say something about all the name changing going on ………… with peeps on TT ?
You would be surprised how much I do agree with on a lot of this………………………….

TX.X-30 fan
02-07-2008, 11:33 AM
According to exit polling Algore was president for the last 8 yrs. ;)

tommcat
02-07-2008, 12:23 PM
According to exit polling Algore was president for the last 8 yrs. ;)
and he created the internet and discovered global warming too

mrprostar
02-07-2008, 12:26 PM
We finally agree on something, Tommcat.

tommcat
02-07-2008, 12:29 PM
We finally agree on something, Tommcat.sorry about that, i'll try not to let it happen again;)

SkiDog
02-07-2008, 12:38 PM
sorry about that, i'll try not to let it happen again;)
Looks like True friends were made here!:D

Jesus_Freak
02-07-2008, 02:01 PM
that's your point of view. the fact that it rained and there was thunder was 100% proof to greeks that Zeuss was real. you and i know that's ridiculous but they believed it as wholeheartedly as you believe in your god.
i look at the bible as a nice work of fiction, interesting reading with some historical significance but i see no more proof of god in the bible than i do proof of the force in the movie star wars.

to each his own, whatever you want to believe is fine with me. difference is i wont condemn you for your beliefs. you will and have condemned me for my lack of.

First, thank you for the continued dialogue.

No sir, there is no condemnation from my voice. I have said nothing about hell, salvation, judgment, etc. I am only speaking in facts and logic, so lets stick with that shall we?

The "proof" you speak of here by the greeks was nothing more than an inference due to a void of facts. "Hey, its thundering....we dont know what is causing it....so it must be some other magical force." That is not what I am speaking of. I am speaking of a book that begins with an explanation of the origin of the universe (which cannot be proven in and of itself of course), but then proceeds into prophecy about what was to come. Writers a, b, c, etc. wrote these detailed independent prophecies. Hundreds of years later, writers x, y, z, etc. confirmed these prophecies had been fulfilled. The early books were all distributed before the later books were written. They could not have been contaminated. The later books were confirmed by other outside sources; thousands of the original manuscripts exist. It is not a matter of faith; It is a matter of logic. If A=B and B=C, then A=C.

I define good and the reason is because it's the right thing to do

Why is it the right thing to do? It appears as though you have not really faced this head on. If, in fact, you are an accident of cosmic forces (a truly amusing concept!), then there is no right, or good, or anything useful. You are born as an accident and you will die as an accident. Nothing you do amounts to a hill of beans. The human is not valuable, life is worthless.

Switching gears to open two new topics, if you are interested:

Question 3: Hypothetical question: If you found a watch on the moon, where would you assume it originated?

Question 4: Do you trust the concept of inertia (Newton's 1st law)? If you drop a pen, does it fall until it hits the floor, etc...Do you understand that a physical "law" is termed such because it has never been proven wrong by any process?

shepherd
02-07-2008, 02:27 PM
God creates Man.

Man creates God.

:confused:

shepherd
02-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Yes sir, but there is a striking difference behind the foundations of said belief systems. One is a book written by 40 authors over thousands of years that all says the same thing and has stood the test of time, fulfilled prophecies, etc. The other is completely void of any proof or validation documentation.

So there are no inconsistencies in the Bible?

mrprostar
02-07-2008, 02:43 PM
So there are no inconsistencies in the Bible?

Absolutely not.

shepherd
02-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Absolutely not.

Just askin' :rolleyes:
But it sounds like a challenge, right Tommcat? << poke poke >>

I thought this was supposed to be a political thread.

mrprostar
02-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Politics and religion got mixed in somehow and then it became just religion.

Back to politics: Did you know:

Barack Obama's middle name is Hussein?

If he won the presidency he would not be sworn in on the bible, but only the Qur'an!?

He is beginning to frighten me ALMOST as much as Billary

Farmer Ted
02-07-2008, 03:25 PM
If he won the presidency he would not be sworn in on the bible, but only the Qur'an!?

I bet he doesn't let his wife drive either, being that he's a radical islamist

think he sends his kids to a Lebanonese Kiddy Terror Camp for future suicide bombers.........

oh, sorry that was Minnesota Congressman Keith Ellison who did the Quaran swearing in thing, Not Osama Obama

disregard

peason
02-07-2008, 03:29 PM

I am not a Barak Obama fan, but you really need to check your facts. There has been an e-mail going around that states a lot about Obama being a radiacal muslim which snopes points out as totally false information.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/obama.asp

Where this thread went and is going is exactly why I keep my politics and religion opinions to myself.

RexDog1
02-07-2008, 03:39 PM
There are very few things I have learned in my short 45 years …….. Never never give advice on how to fix an engine……….. it will only kick you in the butt…..and Politics are like SEX, we all get worked up before the erection :rolleyes: and when it is over…….. everybody falls asleep ………………………..:(
The last thing “No One Gets Out Of Here Alive”……………………………. :D

02-07-2008, 10:24 PM

For real ?

02-07-2008, 10:25 PM
this thread is getting politcal again.

Carbon Dreams
02-07-2008, 10:31 PM
this thread is getting politcal again.

Maybe they are truly one and the same...:rolleyes:

Click http://tucc.org/about.htm

This is Obama's church website. From one radical religion (Islam) to another...Yikes! Keep this guy out!

02-07-2008, 10:35 PM
uh-oh...........

Leroy
02-08-2008, 12:19 AM
No, he is a member of the the Trinity United Church of Christ.....a christian church.

http://www.tucc.org/about.htm

For real ?

mrprostar
02-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Are you sure about that? I know my source was not very reliable but I was pretty sure before that he was Muslim.

Maristar210
02-08-2008, 09:58 AM
I want Mitt Romney's wife :D

02-08-2008, 11:06 AM
I want Mitt Romney's wife :D
I guess this thread is not political anymore.

east tx skier
02-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Are you sure about that? I know my source was not very reliable but I was pretty sure before that he was Muslim.

No, he is not a Muslim. Such is just the nature of politics and rumor mills.

Monte
02-08-2008, 01:54 PM
No, he is not a Muslim. Such is just the nature of politics and rumor mills.

His dad was... from my understanding his dad was not a large part of his life while growing up..

east tx skier
02-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Correct, though I believe I read that he was not a practicing Muslim by the time he married Obama's mother. If I'm at all off on this statement, I apologize. It's been a while since I read this.

Monte
02-08-2008, 03:51 PM
The whole story is on snopes.. I was close you were close..
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

east tx skier
02-08-2008, 03:52 PM
It's Friday. I'll take close. :)

Monte
02-08-2008, 03:54 PM
It's Friday. I'll take close. :)

That's what I said after skimming half the article:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
02-08-2008, 04:23 PM
What was this thread about? I forget!