PDA

View Full Version : Penske Corporation owns a 50% of Diesel Engine Company with GM

BuoyChaser
11-11-2007, 10:31 AM
so does this mean that the "Diesel Powered MasterCraft" will become a reality with the new Penske ownership at MC???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VM_Motori

"In 2003 Penske Corporation purchased a 51% stake, and today the company is co-owned by Penske and DaimlerChrysler (which now has a 49% stake). The company still produces diesel engines for a variety of vehicle manufacturers. In 2007 Penske Corporation bought the remaining 49% of VM from DaimlerChrysler AG and subsequently sold 50% of it to General Motors.[1] Both deals are awaiting European regulartory approval; the value of the deal is still not known."

Workin' 4 Toys
11-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Great idea.....IF and only IF they have modifications so it can run on waste grease. A diesel boat would be cool, and even cooler if it could be run on waste oils/greases....:twocents:

87MCProstar
11-11-2007, 11:30 AM
aren't they making all new diesels that are able to be run on that type of gas?? i know since they have taken the sulfur out of the gas they needed to change components and stuff, maybe because of that i am just thinkin they can be run on the refined veggie oil.

pflcjl
11-11-2007, 03:30 PM
www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdcompare/remo/5.jpg

pflcjl
11-11-2007, 03:32 PM
oops wrong one

pflcjl
11-11-2007, 03:32 PM
try this one

http://www.jefferies.com/cositemgr.pl/html/ProductsServices/InvestmentBanking/Transactions/lf_index.shtml

Roonie's
11-11-2007, 05:29 PM
MC already makes a diesel mastercraft. It is only available in Europe right now I believe. There are pics posted of it on this website.

TX.X-30 fan
11-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Great idea.....IF and only IF they have modifications so it can run on waste grease. A diesel boat would be cool, and even cooler if it could be run on waste oils/greases....:twocents:

So where do you fill up your boat, at the catfish parlor??? :D

Hey here's a good idea, lets suck all the ground water out of the country to make inefficient fuel or we could build more fast food restaurants and light the county up with left over tater tot grease?? :D :D

Shale oil reserves in the west?
ANWAR give me 1 reason why-not??
Off-shore- Florida, Cali--------- Offshore drilling--- not just for Texas/LA anymore!!!!!!
I guess the French are smarter than we are (nuclear)

Why do we not have a comprehensive energy strategy in this country? I love NBC's answer, watch Monday night football with candles. (IDIOTS)

Maristar210
11-11-2007, 05:44 PM
So where do you fill up your boat, at the catfish parlor??? :D

Hey here's a good idea, lets suck all the ground water out of the country to make inefficient fuel or we could build more fast food restaurants and light the county up with left over tater tot grease?? :D :D

Shale oil reserves in the west?
ANWAR give me 1 reason why-not??
Off-shore- Florida, Cali--------- Offshore drilling--- not just for Texas/LA anymore!!!!!!
I guess the French are smarter than we are (nuclear)

Why do we not have a comprehensive energy strategy in this country? I love NBC's answer, watch Monday night football with candles. (IDIOTS)

Your a damn tree hugger ;)

I have neighbors that preach about global warming and then use lighter fluid to create a huge bonfire in thier backyard. Some people speak and some don't need to speak.

TX.X-30 fan
11-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Your a damn tree hugger ;)

I have neighbors that preach about global warming and then use lighter fluid to create a huge bonfire in thier backyard. Some people speak and some don't need to speak.

How's that rash??? :confused: Wow hard to believe you get a peanut allergy after 40 weird huh? ;)

Next time he lights the homecoming bonfire in his back yard ask if he has sufficient carbon credits to offset the impact of his marshmallow roast. :D