PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a rifle now I can't seem to get the dealer give it to me!

michael freeman
11-10-2007, 04:24 PM
I ordered a rifle on Thursday, it was delivered to the gun dealer Friday at 1pm, and the dealer for some reason will not fill out the paperwork to transfer it to me because they are too busy. :mad: I drove by to see, and there was one customer and 4 employees in the store????

I'm I impatient or are they messing with me.:confused:

This is a very expensive semi-auto Barrett. In the back of my mind I am wondering if they are shooting it before they transfer it to me.

Am I being paranoid?

TMCNo1
11-10-2007, 04:42 PM
If you haven't paid any money on it yet, find another dealer or just stand there till hell freezes over.

michael freeman
11-10-2007, 05:16 PM
I have already paid the dealer that sold me the rifle by CC. The dealer that is sitting on the rifle is the local dealer that transfers the rifle to me.

Mike

Maristar210
11-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Sounds like BS to me. I'd be in there sayin gimme my damn gun!!

Bruce
11-10-2007, 05:40 PM
take off the mask and stop signing as Abdul !

michael freeman
11-10-2007, 06:00 PM

I'm trying to be a nice guy. I just don't understand why they are dragging this out. :confused:

88 PS190
11-10-2007, 06:35 PM
so you're dealing with them sitting on your FFL transfer.

you just have to make them do the transfer.

Good luck.

bigmac
11-10-2007, 07:31 PM
This is a very expensive semi-auto Barrett. In the back of my mind I am wondering if they are shooting it before they transfer it to me.

I'd bet money on it.

TMCNo1
11-10-2007, 07:33 PM

Then I'd shoot him with it!:rolleyes:

TX.X-30 fan
11-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Did you walk inside?? If the gun you paid for in at that location, go in and wait for the delivery??? Or get your money back and pay a few more bucks and get your rifle.

What is a barrett, Single shot 22??? :D :D

TX.X-30 fan
11-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Then I'd shoot him with it!:rolleyes:

#1 you should really get those meds adjusted???? :D

Farmer Ted
11-10-2007, 08:43 PM
go in and ask to see the gun

then put a trigger lock on it and leave

Jerseydave
11-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Can't you bring in the local authorities, prove to them the rifle is bought and paid for and demand your purchase in front of them?
I'm not a gun buyer, not sure if that's the right or wrong thing to do.

If it were some other item (boat, car, furniture, etc.) I would think this method would work. Good luck.

michael freeman
11-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Well I have the gun, but it has been fired. I checked for wear marks in a few places and it looked okay, but when I got home there were wear marks on the bolt carrier and brass marks on the bolt.

I am presently asking the Barrett forum if the gun is fired at the factory, which I believe it is.

Walking in and placing a gun lock on the gun was an excellent suggestion. IF i ever do this again (with another dealer), I will do that.

cbryan70
11-10-2007, 09:55 PM
i was thinking the same thing with the gun lock. Why was the dealer holding out on giving you the gun?

kvalve
11-11-2007, 01:08 AM
can someone explain to me why they need a semi auto barrett 50ca. ?

bigmac
11-11-2007, 01:10 AM
can someone explain to me why they need a semi auto barrett 50ca. ?

If someone has to explain, there's virtually no chance you'd understand.;)

rspiecha
11-11-2007, 01:34 AM
I would call Barret in Murfesboro TN and tell them what the dealer is doing about jacking around with you. Then I would call the ATF and ask if there is anything they can do to help out.

Rob

rspiecha
11-11-2007, 01:35 AM
I understand, but don't have the $k to buy one:)

milkmania
11-11-2007, 02:06 AM

damn boy, whatchagunna do with that gun?

hunt prairie dogs:confused:

http://www.ucar.edu/communications/staffnotes/0702/images/prairiedogs.jpg

TMCNo1
11-11-2007, 07:21 AM
http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/new/gddrama2.gifCould be the chemical reaction when I take them all together!http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/new/gdflasher.gif

atlfootr
11-11-2007, 08:04 AM
You should of ordered one of these instead like Ralphie did ...
He wanted a BB Gun for Christmas, but his mother, the teacher, and even Santa give him a hard time. "You'll shoot your eye out kid!" This tale is the main storyline in the movie "A Christmas Story"
http://acs.flicklives.com/mailbox.jpg

http://www.flicklives.com/Glossary/red_ryder/red_ryder_ad.jpg

TMCNo1
11-11-2007, 08:19 AM
You should of ordered one of these instead like Ralphie did ...
He wanted a BB Gun for Christmas, but his mother, the teacher, and even Santa give him a hard time. "You'll shoot your eye out kid!" This tale is the main storyline in the movie "A Christmas Story"
http://acs.flicklives.com/mailbox.jpg

http://www.flicklives.com/Glossary/red_ryder/red_ryder_ad.jpg

I've got one of those Red Ryders! It's getting old, had it about 30 years and once in a while it shoots 2 BB's at a time! I wonder why, could it be worn out?

atlfootr
11-11-2007, 08:21 AM
I've got one of those Red Ryders! It's getting old, had it about 30 years and once in a while it shoots 2 BB's at a time! I wonder why, could it be worn out?I'd betch'a they'd swap it out for a new one, if you sent it back in to them.

TMCNo1
11-11-2007, 08:33 AM
I'd betch'a they'd swap it out for a new one, if you sent it back in to them.

Naw, I went to Wally World and bought a Daisey Powerline 880S Pump BB/Pellet gun with a scope. I can knock the nuts off a squirrel @ 100' and take the smile off his face!:D

I haven't had to use it lately, cause we have a family of Chicken Hawks (protected) in the community that has been keeping the squirrel population controlled. We have some white squirrels around here that someone brought down from near Asheville and let out and they are easy pickings for the Hawks. Those varments will eat/chew most anything around the house, vinyl garage door weatherstripping, cedar fence post knots, treated wood on the deck, plastic sawbucks, outdoor water hoses and hose racks, it's war, I tell ya, it's war!http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/new/gdevillaugh.gif

bigmac
11-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Complaining to Barrett will do no good, IMHO. More than likely the dealer bought it through a distributer anyway, and my guess is that there are so few such rifles sold to civilians that such a complaint will just result in a shrug, either from Barrett or from the distributer. Buying rifes isn't like buying a MasterCraft. Dealer integrity and customer dedication is not a high priority in the gun business. All the mfgrs and distributers really care about these days is a valid FFL.

I have a friend who has a Barrett 82A. He also has a variety of fully auto assault rifles and SMGs, an M60 machine gun, and even a Civil War-era cannon. Going over to his house for steaks in the evening is usually a whole different kind of experience. The favorite game, after firing a few cast-concrete slugs down the field behind his house out of the cannon, is using the Barrett to try hit a stick of dynamite 500 yards downrange. I know what you're thinking...but he really is a pretty normal guy. He was a Lieutenant in the Sheriff's Department, and was the commander (founder) of the "SWAT" team. He provided the Barrett as a sniper rifle (not very practical in rural Minnesota, I know) so we all had to qualify on it. He has a class III FFL. His hobby, now that he's retired, is contract EOD work for the military (retired Army EOD). He's a great guy. The TRT is a lot more professional these days, but less fun.

michael freeman
11-11-2007, 10:49 AM
That was my thought, Barrett has three distributors that they deal with to sale their guns. I purchased from one of them (very good service). The funny thing is that the civilian market is what funds that company. They need us to keep the company alive between military/police contracts. (these are words out of Barrett's mouth in an interview.)

It was suggested that I call the ATF to file a complaint. I will also call the distributor to suggest that this would not be the best dealer to work with in the DFW area. Funny thing is that this dealer was suggested by the distributor so this may fall on deaf ears.

88 PS190
11-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Every gun I have ever purchased has been fired by the factory.

Its part of the quality control, and now companies like ruger and marlin include two cases that were fire by the gun, so one can be sent in to the authorities by the dealer at the sale (required in some states now)

As far as why to own a 50... who doesn't want to make 55 gallon drums of water go bye bye through a cinderblock wall? heck if you can afford to shoot it go for it. 50 cal rifles aren't a major cause of crime... regulate people with baseball bats and knives first.

TX.X-30 fan
11-11-2007, 04:35 PM
I have a friend who has a Barrett 82A. He also has a variety of fully auto assault rifles and SMGs, an M60 machine gun, and even a Civil War-era cannon. Going over to his house for steaks in the evening is usually a whole different kind of experience. The favorite game, after firing a few cast-concrete slugs down the field behind his house out of the cannon, is using the Barrett to try hit a stick of dynamite 500 yards downrange. I know what you're thinking...but he really is a pretty normal guy. He was a Lieutenant in the Sheriff's Department, and was the commander (founder) of the "SWAT" team. He provided the Barrett as a sniper rifle (not very practical in rural Minnesota, I know) so we all had to qualify on it. He has a class III FFL. His hobby, now that he's retired, is contract EOD work for the military (retired Army EOD). He's a great guy. The TRT is a lot more professional these days, but less fun.

I'll bring the steaks!!!!!! :D

bigmac
11-11-2007, 04:39 PM
As far as why to own a 50... who doesn't want to make 55 gallon drums of water go bye bye through a cinderblock wall? heck if you can afford to shoot it go for it. 50 cal rifles aren't a major cause of crime... regulate people with baseball bats and knives first.

We fired tracer ammo at 1 and 5 gallon pails of water. Pretty impressive display. You don't get to hit them more than once...

TX.X-30 fan
11-11-2007, 05:05 PM
We fired tracer ammo at 1 and 5 gallon pails of water. Pretty impressive display. You don't get to hit them more than once...

Boy's never grow up.............................. Do we???? 8p

Maristar210
11-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Boy's never grow up.............................. Do we???? 8p

No way, not me....:D

Bruce
11-11-2007, 06:11 PM
"The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!"

JimN
11-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Test it to make sure they didn't fire it and if they did, cancel the sale. If they didn't fire it, threaten to cancel and if they don't, contest the charge with your card company. Unless they have some legal reason for not transferring the gun to you, they need to get their heads out of where they shouldn't be and do some business.

You didn't buy a Barret .50 cal, did you?

michael freeman
11-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Test it to make sure they didn't fire it and if they did, cancel the sale. If they didn't fire it, threaten to cancel and if they don't, contest the charge with your card company. Unless they have some legal reason for not transferring the gun to you, they need to get their heads out of where they shouldn't be and do some business.

You didn't buy a Barret .50 cal, did you?

I have the rifle in my possesion now. It has been fired but some firing was performed at the factory. I don't have too many options at this point. The Bullet Trap only transfered the rifle, I did not buy the rifle from them. The Barret destributor (1 of 3) was extremely nice and excellent service.

Yep it's the .50

JimN
11-11-2007, 08:40 PM
"Yep it's the .50"

Goin' varmint huntin', are ya?

cbryan70
11-11-2007, 09:48 PM
what does one bullett cost for that thing

milkmania
11-11-2007, 10:00 PM
what does one bullett cost for that thing
rumor I heard this evening was $3.00

edit:
this
link shows $50.23 for 10 rounds
http://www.ammobank.com/cgi-bin/cshop/store/gaugeshow.tam?pagenumber%2Eptx=1&cartridge%5Fgauge%2Ectx=%2E50%20BMG

JimN
11-11-2007, 10:52 PM
"what does one bullett cost for that thing"

It's not the cost. It's the amount of pleasure form vaporizing things with them, right?

bigmac
11-11-2007, 11:00 PM
You could put your eye out with that thing... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-2D9osn6yI)

Seriously, YouTube is loaded with Barrett videos. Here is a good overview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWJp14tkBlU) from that bald ex-SEAL on the Discovery Channel.

bigmac
11-11-2007, 11:02 PM
"what does one bullett cost for that thing"

It's not the cost. It's the amount of pleasure form vaporizing things with them, right?

Yes, it's a very useful rifle for putting meat on the table...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyHMUVA3sDA

mbeach
11-11-2007, 11:39 PM
if i had to guess, i'd say he delayed your delivery so he could show your gun to someone

michael freeman
11-12-2007, 04:15 AM
Yes, it's a very useful rifle for putting meat on the table...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyHMUVA3sDA

You can buy Barrett "new" rounds for about $4+ a round. You can reload match grade ammo (A-Max) for about $2-$3 a round. You can reload using surplus military ammo for about $1 a round.

I have heard they make good large game hunting rifles. The shock of the bullet kills instantly (i.e., humane) and the same source said that the damage to the meat is actually not bad because it only punches a golf ball size hole. It is the shock wave of the bullet that kills the animal and that doesn't damage the meat. (again, large animals like dear and above.)

Roonie's
11-12-2007, 08:40 AM
It is the shock wave of the bullet that kills the animal and that doesn't damage the meat. (again, large animals like dear and above.)

like gray whales which is what the Makah Indian tribe does in the NW and uses the same gun.

Also what does it matter if it was fired previously? They test every gun at the manufacturer.

TMCNo1
11-12-2007, 12:16 PM

I'm still setting here trying to find out why a dealer was selling a gun, I thunk they sold boats/trailers, flywheels and watersports related equipment. Must be a incentive program like our local Chebby dealer had, buy a new Trailblazer, get a free Stihl Chainsaw. What will they think of next to move UNITS, $10,000 Rebates? :confused: :rolleyes: :D

BuzzSr
11-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Hey that will make a good Elk hunting gun. Sit on one mountain top and shoot to the other. Seems that is always were the critters are when you find them, on the other mountain.

milkmania
11-12-2007, 09:32 PM
You can buy Barrett "new" rounds for about $4+ a round. You can reload match grade ammo (A-Max) for about $2-$3 a round. You can reload using surplus military ammo for about $1 a round.

I have heard they make good large game hunting rifles. The shock of the bullet kills instantly (i.e., humane) and the same source said that the damage to the meat is actually not bad because it only punches a golf ball size hole. It is the shock wave of the bullet that kills the animal and that doesn't damage the meat. (again, large animals like dear and above.)

heck, the sound and precussion of that thing firing is going to scare the life out of most animals:rolleyes:

BuzzSr
11-12-2007, 09:43 PM
About what I told my wife when I taught her to shoot my 357 mag. Don't worry about being accurate just point in the general direction and pull the trigger the sound will scare them to death.

milkmania
11-12-2007, 10:16 PM
About what I told my wife when I taught her to shoot my 357 mag. Don't worry about being accurate just point in the general direction and pull the trigger the sound will scare them to death.

I get chills up my neck when I'm out with a bunch of guys and someone jacks a shell into the chamber behind my back......
semi-auto or shotgun....makes no difference:rolleyes:

michael freeman
11-13-2007, 05:08 AM
With the muzzle brake on this gun, the place you don't want to be is beside it. The muzzle brake reduces the recoil by over 70% by directing a majority of the gasses back and to each side of the shooter. This brings the recoil down to a 12 gauge shotgun instead of breaking things on the gun and in your shoulder.

Oh and the lucky person to the right of me gets a 4" hot shell caseing thrown at them for further entertainment. :)

I spoke with the distributor (not the store) and he said the he was surprised at the poor service, but questioned why they would fire it. Evidently they sale a lot of Barrett's through the Plano store.

I pointed out the wear indications, and he said that the factory firing may have been the reason. He is going to take a picture of a New In Box (NIB) rifle and send them to me for comparison.

88 PS190
11-13-2007, 09:30 AM
With the muzzle brake on this gun, the place you don't want to be is beside it. The muzzle brake reduces the recoil by over 70% by directing a majority of the gasses back and to each side of the shooter. This brings the recoil down to a 12 gauge shotgun instead of breaking things on the gun and in your shoulder.

I can attest to that one, being next to one of these things you get hammered with gas and pressure. The brake will make it louder at the trigger as well, which is why there are 3 popular methods of mediating the recoil of the 50 bmg 1. muzzle brake, 2. semi-auto and 3. super ultra heavy guns 50+ pounds. the last one is the most comfortable to shoot.