PDA

View Full Version : Football Prank

BrianM
11-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Saw this on Fark this morning. Pretty darn funny actually. The kids had even collected money for bail just in case.

http://www.caller.com/news/2007/nov/09/teen-flies-over-football-game-drops-ball/

captain planet
11-09-2007, 12:36 PM
I wonder if anybody caught the ball?? :rolleyes:

Maristar210
11-09-2007, 12:47 PM
I wonder if anybody caught the ball?? :rolleyes:

Not if it was in Ogerhio :D

bcampbe7
11-09-2007, 12:50 PM
He was lower than the stadium lights??? Sounds like he was dang lucky he didn't crash!

Monte
11-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Its all over the news here.. Yes it was a stupid kid prank, but the danger he put the spectators in has got him in some serious hot water...

jbfootin
11-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Its all over the news here.. Yes it was a stupid kid prank, but the danger he put the spectators in has got him in some serious hot water...
Very true...imagine if he would have clipped one of the stadium lights, and/or crashed trying to get that low...may be funny because no one was hurt, but could have been very bad with an inexperieced pilot.

TMCNo1
11-09-2007, 02:00 PM
OMG, get some bail money up for me! Most every sporting event I have ever been to, I've dropped a object, but usually in the Porta-Pottie behind the consession stand!

pilot02
11-09-2007, 02:08 PM
He can say bye bye to any licenses/certificates he currently holds.. A flight instructor did that over a fair in fayetteville, GA a few years back and the instructor lost everything. FAA doesn't play when the regs are broken, especially over gatherings of people.
As a private pilot myself and knowing the costs involved, it WAS a very dumb (and costly) prank and the thought of having people arrange bail money is absolutely ludicrous!

Roonie's
11-09-2007, 02:26 PM
They should have arranged to get money for a name change and new pilot's license.

ridesdirt
11-10-2007, 10:54 AM
The school has suspended them, The law is trying to find a way to arrest them, the FAA hasn't got ahold of the pilot yet.

They are going to make an example out this kid for sure!

Maristar210
11-10-2007, 11:13 AM
I know a PP who has dropped flour bags on houses...

He thinks its hilarious.

phecksel
11-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Flying is very serious, and not something to be played around with. Low level flying takes some serious concentration, and should never be done around a group of people. FAA does not play around with these cases. That kid can kiss his license goodbye. 1,000 foot minimum over a populated area...and a gathering of people is a populated area.

Secondly, dropping stuff out of an airplane, may also earn criminal charges.

atlfootr
11-11-2007, 08:18 AM
The football dropped last Friday was signed by faculty and students, school officials are investigating how many people knew about the planned drop.

Jail 'em ALL that signed the ball, if the kid goes down so should they. :rolleyes: