PDA

View Full Version : Combine, JL's and Wet Sounds on tower

eyeball_jerry
11-08-2007, 11:04 PM
We are looking to get an X-15 (instead of a pontoon, thank god). Anyway I want to throw more music at the riders, I heard the Wet Sounds and they are nice for the rider. The JL's are nice near the boat. So has anyone thought of putting both on a tower? Woudl it be best of both worlds, or just dumb?

I have JL's on my X-7, I like them but they don't play real clear at the rope. That doesn't matter on the X-7, we generally are footing or on a single stick.

anyway, thanks.

ridehype4life
11-09-2007, 01:15 AM
I could see putting a 485 in middle and 2 JL's on the outside of the tower. Wouldn't look all that bad if you got the white box for the wetsounds IMO.

TX.X-30 fan
11-09-2007, 01:33 AM
We are looking to get an X-15 (instead of a pontoon, thank god). Anyway I want to throw more music at the riders, I heard the Wet Sounds and they are nice for the rider. The JL's are nice near the boat. So has anyone thought of putting both on a tower? Woudl it be best of both worlds, or just dumb?

I have JL's on my X-7, I like them but they don't play real clear at the rope. That doesn't matter on the X-7, we generally are footing or on a single stick.

anyway, thanks.

They dont play clear at the rope??? What amps are you driving them with? Give those speakers min. 150 watts each. What are they being driven at now? My JL's are all driven at 150 watts each with JL slash amps and they are clear at AltfootR's house down there in Florida. :D

eyeball_jerry
11-09-2007, 08:56 AM
I will have to check to be sure, but I am pretty sure it is 200 per channel. The real issue was to get the projection, I ended up turning the gain up. That obviously ended up over driving the speakers, causing alot of distortion.

Hoever, I only know enough to be dangerous. I have done some significant car stereo and home theater stuff. Maybe my expectations are too high for the tower.

Benny Boy
11-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Man, are you ever gonna make friends on your lake!!!:D :mad:

KJAECKIN
11-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Check these out. This is a 2007 X-45.

ridehype4life
11-09-2007, 08:26 PM
That looks goofy in my opinion. I say ditch one of those, and hang the other from the tower in the middle between the JL's

X-Aggie
11-10-2007, 12:59 PM
I thought of doing the same thing with my 2 sets of JL's, but after talking with Tim he pretty much told me the JL's would be useless. My Pro-80's are cranking out so much sound the JL's would simply have got lost in there. After listening to both setups I believe him!

CottagerGreg
11-10-2007, 09:22 PM
no offence but that X-45 doesn't look good at all... kinda over kill... not to mention you will make lots of enemies with that much sound..

FlatBoard
11-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Run Wet Sounds on the tower, JL's in the boat. Make sure you can fade from tower to interior and adjust to your needs, ie:70% tower, 30% interior, all tower, all interior, 50%-50%, well you get the idea.

Best of both worlds. You won't be dissapointed.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/flatboard/DSC06030.jpg