PDA

View Full Version : Hot showers and wetsuits

Trent 197
11-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Guys,

Does anybody jump into a hot shower to "prime" their wetsuit before skiing? I was thinking this might a good idea.

Trent

rektek
11-07-2007, 04:12 PM
speaking from a scuba stand point I only do this on the second dive, a dry wetsuit is much easier to put on. if you're thinking of putting on a suit and filling with hot water, sure why not.
it doesn't last long however, if i did any serious water sports in the winter I'd be wearing a drysuit.

Cary K.
11-07-2007, 04:13 PM
That is really the only reason I use my (boat) shower. Use real hot water to warm up an already wet wetsuit, then put it on and fill it with warm water before jumping in the lake.

H20skeefreek
11-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Any ideas on installation locations on an '85? I haven't figured out where to put the controller or pump?

BrianM
11-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Any ideas on installation locations on an '85? I haven't figured out where to put the controller or pump?

I think I would install the pump under the observers seat on that boat and then mount the mixing valve up under the gunnel on the passengers side towards the rear. You may need to cut out a bit of the flotation foam under the gunnel but I wouldn't think that would be a big deal.

Muttley
11-07-2007, 07:15 PM
When I first took my boat out a month ago, the the first thing I did was stick the shower head down the wetsuit.

It was a wonderful thing! :D

dsoby
11-07-2007, 08:55 PM
This too is the primary use of my shower and it is wonderful accessory. It takes the shock out of jumping in. We also use it to warm feet and hands after skiing in very cold (drysuit) water. To the guy with the older boat... try to locate the pump and mixer box close to the back of the boat. The system is plumbed with the hot and cold water going to the mixer then to the pump, then out to the shower head. Locating the pump under the observer's seat is doable but you would need a lot of hose if your mixer is in the back and thus, would be difficult to change temps easily.

Jesus_Freak
11-08-2007, 03:29 AM

Why the sudden interest in a shower?:D

AirJunky
11-08-2007, 03:45 AM
Get a drysuit. You'll extend your season way longer.

TMCNo1
11-08-2007, 07:26 AM

Some people got tired of peeing in their wetsuits!:D :rolleyes:

H20skeefreek
11-08-2007, 08:08 AM
Because in looking for one for you, I found a damaged one in a store in Michigan.

And TMC, I hate the cold bad enough, that if it'll help, I'll still pee in my wetsuit! I used to have people wanting to borrow my wetsuit all the time, 'til they found out that I pee in them. That right there is reason enough for me.

Monte
11-08-2007, 09:21 AM
I used to have people wanting to borrow my wetsuit all the time, 'til they found out that I pee in them. That right there is reason enough for me.

I draw the line at letting somebody else use my wetsuit;) Nor would I ever buy a used one off fleabay:noface:

TMCNo1
11-08-2007, 11:05 AM
I draw the line at letting somebody else use my wetsuit;) Nor would I ever buy a used one off fleabay:noface:

And all that coming from a gentleman who has his monkey in his wife's curio cabinet, go figure!:uglyhamme

Jesus_Freak
11-10-2007, 03:31 AM
Because in looking for one for you, I found a damaged one in a store in Michigan.

So, why didnt you quote me on that one? OK, I see how it is. Save the good stuff for yourself. 8p

H20skeefreek
11-10-2007, 11:25 AM
If they don't get me a price soon, I may just do that, I'm not sure I'm going to use it on my own boat anyway. It's missing the nozzle, and there are some scratches on the control valve, so you may get a smokin' deal.