PDA

View Full Version : Drivers License

Lennyp04
11-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Well got back from taking my license test at the High School about a half hour ago. Got my drivers license so now im street legal in PA....without my parents.

Now I just need two more things. I need a car. And I need to make sure I keep my grades up to a B average...or a 3.0. Its all worth it!

Prostar in Michigain
11-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Nice man i got to wait until july ahahhah, was the test hard? did your parents say they will pay half? but anyways nice job man

Ric
11-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Nice man i got to wait until july ahahhah, was the test hard? did your parents say they will pay half? but anyways nice job man how'd the homecoming date go?

RexDog1
11-05-2007, 04:36 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_11.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYMNUS) CONGRATS!!!

I am happy I am wayyyy over here in Cali………….LOL

Prostar in Michigain
11-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Ric it went pretty good thanks for asking

Lennyp04
11-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Prostar the test wasnt bad because I drove that car before and the course is pretty simple. The instructor that I had and i told my mom this before I went out to the driver ed car...This guy will find anything to fail you. I guess im a pretty good driver since i didnt get anything wrong.

Now what are you talking bout with the parents paying half thing?

Prostar in Michigain
11-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Pay half for the car

Lennyp04
11-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Oh...Still dont know about a car. The only thing that they have told me is that they will pay for my insurance up until the point I would get a moving violation (speeding ticket) then I need to pay the difference. I also need to pay for gas which isnt bad but they still havent said anything about the car.

Sodar
11-05-2007, 05:07 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_11.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYMNUS) CONGRATS!!!

I second both remarks! :D Congrats Dude!

Ric it went pretty good thanks for asking

You need to do better than that! We need pics and details!

Monte
11-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Ahh the insurance man comes out!:rolleyes:

Remember that pedal on the right WILL get you into trouble!!;)

Congrats! :D I must say I'm glad to be WAY south of you...:D

TX.X-30 fan
11-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Since I'm 1000+ miles away and no plans to visit the frozen tundra, I suggest practicing bat turns, 360's, donuts ect.... after the first snow! :D :D

Seriously enjoy your new freedom but realize that could all change if you don't drive responsibly. ;)

ski_king
11-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Well got back from taking my license test at the High School about a half hour ago. Got my drivers license so now im street legal in PA....without my parents.

Now I just need two more things. I need a car. And I need to make sure I keep my grades up to a B average...or a 3.0. Its all worth it!
Congrats! Now be safe out there!

Are you in eastern PA?

Jerseydave
Lenny, congrats on getting your license.

Just curious, how long have you been driving boats (legally) in PA? I think the age is 14 there, right?

Just remember, keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down, 10-4!

tex

Glad I live in Texas! Just having some fun with you! I got mine on my 16th birthday! Man was that a great day! Congrats!!!

magnum
11-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Great Job!!
It does help to have that 3.0 GPA. My son dropped right under it last 9 weeks and it is Costing "HIM" $30 extra per month for insurance . Just got his report card today and back up over 3.0

ski_king
11-05-2007, 05:17 PM
...Just curious, how long have you been driving boats (legally) in PA? I think the age is 14 there, right? .
I think the age is 12 if you took the boating course.

My daughters are 17 and 20 and I still won't let them take out the boat without taking me along.

TMCNo1
11-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Congrats, and remember most accidents by teenagers are rearend collisions, caused by playing with the jukebox and not paying attention what is in front of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lennyp04
11-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Lenny, congrats on getting your license.

Just curious, how long have you been driving boats (legally) in PA? I think the age is 14 there, right?

Just remember, keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down, 10-4!

Wells here something I think you'll like. On my birthday a few years ago we had off so I took my boat test online. NJ when we meet up rember to tell me to see my boat license cuz the issue date and my birthday are the same so it looks pretty cool

So the issue date is 04/17/2006 and the DOB is 4/17/91. Just realized the top of the card is cracking from being in my wallet and sitting on it all day. time to get a new one

And what did you mean by keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down, 10-4!

Lennyp04
11-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Ski King. Yep easter PA. About and hour and a half south of Lake Wallenpaupack in the Poconos and about an hour and a half north of Philly in a town called Allentown!

Lennyp04
11-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Yeah im very excited to learn how to drive in snow because ive driven in quite a few different weather changes. I was towing an 8' utility trailer during my permit (which I believe is illegal) but It was raining and raining turned to thunderstorm and some pretty heavy gusts and that led to Hail. boy o boy that was fun to drive in(sarcastic) But I feel that my parents have given me enough situations in my time on my permit. Ive driven turn pike to back roads. The state requires 50 hours and I had around 175 Hours.

Jerseydave
11-05-2007, 05:37 PM
And what did you mean by keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down, 10-4![/QUOTE]

(Trucker talk) Just means keep all 4 wheels on the ground, don't flip it! :)

For the longest time my license issue date was the same as my birthday, since I took my test on my birthday, but ever since photo licenses came about, the date is different now.

What kind of car are you looking for? Hopefully something that gets good mileage. (Scions, and VW's are cool) :)

JohnE
11-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Congrats, Lenny. Have fun, and be safe.

Lennyp04
11-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Will do John. I want to live to wakeboard in my 50's and 60's. As long as my joints still agree with me...if not I can still be the prowd owner of an MC because by that time I'll go out and buy my own.

RexDog1
11-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Congrats, and remember most accidents by teenagers are rearend collisions, caused by playing with the jukebox and not paying attention what is in front of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep safe, http://www.ocregister.com/news/foss-peter-hills-1914856-car-died (http://www.ocregister.com/news/foss-peter-hills-1914856-car-died) I knew Peter, he was a good kid and got caught up in a street race, and he did not have his seat belt on??? You always say it is not going to happen to me …………….. well last Friday I said goodbye to Peter, be safe, you have alot to live for……

we all do……………………………. :o

Lennyp04
11-05-2007, 05:40 PM
O I got you NJ didnt know that before. But yeah car wise. I really love SUV's because of being higher up and its not an invicible feeling so to speak its more of a I can see everything. My one friend pulled up at my house Saturday night and he just got a VW Jetta 5spd. Hes still tryin to learn stick but for right now I will be driving the Suburban and the Buick Century.

Lennyp04
11-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Rex, sry to hear about your friend. Street racing is stuff that should stay in movies. Theres no need to go that fast, and my dad has always told me if you enjoy driving why drive faster?

JoshBuzz
11-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Yeah im very excited to learn how to drive in snow because ive driven in quite a few different weather changes. I was towing an 8' utility trailer during my permit (which I believe is illegal) but It was raining and raining turned to thunderstorm and some pretty heavy gusts and that led to Hail. boy o boy that was fun to drive in(sarcastic) But I feel that my parents have given me enough situations in my time on my permit. Ive driven turn pike to back roads. The state requires 50 hours and I had around 175 Hours.

congrats Lenny, but remember, don't get to cocky. Situations change constantly, and there is always room for improvement!!! I've been driving for two years, and haven't had any accidents or tickets, knock on wood, but not to say that couldn't change!!

Driving fast is fun, you'll figure that out, jsut be responsible about it, and always wear your seat belt!! There's only one good kind of D.D. and that's a designated one, not a drunk one!!

being a lake rat myself, remember storage room when getting a car!! I've got an explorer right now, which I love, cause I can toss three wakeboards, a surfboard, ropes, skiis, life jackets, and a luggage bag in the back, and still have room for people!! My buddies got a BMW, and I love the car, but he can't fit two boards in the back seat!! just remember to keep it responsible, and everything in moderation, even driving fast!!

:D

Lennyp04
11-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Ehhh I dont need to go fast. Cruising is the way to go. But yeah I've seen to many car crashes and Doug G has told me many stories of him having to go out on rescue calls and he has seen to many dead teenagers due to stupid decisions. And thats what it is all it takes is one decision to make your life turn around into death.

JoshBuzz
11-05-2007, 06:06 PM
You say that now, just wait til you get a car!! Just remember to be careful!! My dad's a firefighter, and I have seen my fair share of gruesome and grotesque accidents!! I know you're a responsible kid, just want you to be safe, while having fun!!

ProTour X9
11-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Since I'm 1000+ miles away and no plans to visit the frozen tundra, I suggest practicing bat turns, 360's, donuts ect.... after the first snow!
ITS NOT FROZEN TUNDRA YOU TEXAS BRUSHPOPPER8p

So no jammin' to your WalkMan!!8p

Congrats dude, ya'll drive safe now hear??:cool:

ttu
11-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Ahh the insurance man comes out!:rolleyes:

Remember that pedal on the right WILL get you into trouble!!;)

Congrats! :D I must say I'm glad to be WAY south of you...:D

coming from another insurance agent, turn off the damm cell phone when driving........

congrats and be carefull

TX.X-30 fan
11-05-2007, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=ProTour X9]ITS NOT FROZEN TUNDRA YOU TEXAS BRUSHPOPPER8p

Only thing missing here is an X9 yooper/polock in his pink hat.. :D :D

Mikey
11-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Congrats! :toast:(root beer, btw) Getting your drivers license is one of the most exciting times in a persons life. Be safe, have fun, and remember that the girls that cant drive yet love the guys that can.;)

JoshBuzz
11-05-2007, 07:25 PM
remember that the girls that cant drive yet love the guys that can.;)

best advice yet Lenny, remember that when you're hitting on those 15 year olds!!!

Lennyp04
11-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Yeah those sophmores at my school. And those freshman wow wee!! Will do pro tour, and TX.X30 pro tour's right, its not frozen...yet its cold but not frozen. Right now its 52 according to my phone.

I do listen to music right now when I drive but its pretty soft so it remind me of elevator music...kinda sorta

Yeah cell phones, whoevers on the line can wait until I pull over.

JoshBuzz
11-05-2007, 09:11 PM
ambitious thoughts of soft music, and no cell phones while driving... I remember those days...

:cool:

Lennyp04
11-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Yeah like Shinedown and Foo Fighters and Finger Eleven. New stuff like that and then The Eagles when my dads in the car and Bruce Springstien (dont know how to spell it) when my moms along

JoshBuzz
11-05-2007, 09:21 PM
It's all about the country and hip-hop!! Gotta get a little Craig Morgan and Slim Thug in there!!!

Lennyp04
11-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Now theres a combo. The gangsta hip hop stuff is on the computer but not burned to CD quite yet. Hoping to get an iphone for christmas so then I can just keep it all on there.

Mikey
11-05-2007, 09:23 PM
How bout some Jack Johnson?

Lennyp04
11-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Jack Johnson...who is that. Would a 16 year old know who that is?

JoshBuzz
11-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Lenny?!? Jack Johnson is only one of the greatest surfer guitarists of all time!!! Look him up!! Jack Johnson and Matt Costa, two of the greatest folk/surfer singer/songwriters ever!!

Lennyp04
11-05-2007, 09:31 PM
I will do that. Who knows, Targets right down the street maybe I'll drive down tommroow now that I can do that!!!

Mikey
11-05-2007, 09:33 PM
http://www.jackjohnsonmusic.com/

Here is his website. I recomend the "in between dreams" album to start out with.

Lennyp04
11-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Well i gotta get my mind in Jazz band mode since that starts tommroow at 7am sharp...so for tonight I will talk to you guys tommroow. If you guys have any other good bands or singers I should be listening to Feel free to post them up on here!

JoshBuzz
11-05-2007, 09:40 PM
"In Between Dreams" is good, but I'm a fan of "On and On", and "Jack of all trades; essential rarities"

Mikey, check out Matt Costa's album "Songs We Sing" Some of his music was featured in the wakeboarding movie, Updog, and it's awesome!! He's on the same label as Jack Johnson

Check out Rise Against to Lenny!!

Mikey
11-05-2007, 09:54 PM
"In Between Dreams" is good, but I'm a fan of "On and On", and "Jack of all trades; essential rarities"

Mikey, check out Matt Costa's album "Songs We Sing" Some of his music was featured in the wakeboarding movie, Updog, and it's awesome!! He's on the same label as Jack Johnson

Check out Rise Against to Lenny!!

I will definately check it out when I get a chance. Although I dont know when that will be, I dont have any music stores where I am at. :(

JoshBuzz
11-05-2007, 10:00 PM
bummer, forgot you were in the middle east!! Where are you at over there?? I've lived in Saudi and Abu Dhabi!!

I never found the album in stores, I found it on iTunes though!!

Mikey
11-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Im in Qatar. Ive been to Saudi and Abu Dhabi before. Not trying to be nosy but what were you doing there?

JoshBuzz
11-05-2007, 10:25 PM
haha, not nosey at all!! most 18 year olds don't even know where Abu Dhabi is!! Dad's in the oil business, so I've grown up traveling! Born in California, moved to Louisiana, then to Saudi, then to England during the Gulf War, then to Abu Dhabi, then to Houston, then when I was in third grade, we were supposed to move to Congo, West Africa, but our moving trailer with all of our belongings in it burned up th day before the move, so we moved out to California for a year while all the insurance law suits were taken care of, then from there we went back to Houston, and lived there for 7 years! When I was a sophomore We moved to Trinidad and Tobago for a year, and then back to Houston when I was a junior!! lived there 2 more years, til I graduated, then moved to College Station a few months ago for college!! I know, it's been a crazy life!!

Mikey
11-05-2007, 10:46 PM
haha, not nosey at all!! most 18 year olds don't even know where Abu Dhabi is!! Dad's in the oil business, so I've grown up traveling! Born in California, moved to Louisiana, then to Saudi, then to England during the Gulf War, then to Abu Dhabi, then to Houston, then when I was in third grade, we were supposed to move to Congo, West Africa, but our moving trailer with all of our belongings in it burned up th day before the move, so we moved out to California for a year while all the insurance law suits were taken care of, then from there we went back to Houston, and lived there for 7 years! When I was a sophomore We moved to Trinidad and Tobago for a year, and then back to Houston when I was a junior!! lived there 2 more years, til I graduated, then moved to College Station a few months ago for college!! I know, it's been a crazy life!!

I figured it had something to do with oil.:)

WOW!!! Thats alot of moving around. Thats awesome that you got to see the world, not a whole lot of people especially your age can say they have done that. I have just started my journey around the world over the past few years. Ive been to Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, Iraq, Afghanistan, Hungary, France, Germany, Ireland, Amsterdam, and all over the states. And in June I am moving to Italy for 2 or 3 years. How was it in Trinidad and Tobago?

JoshBuzz
11-06-2007, 02:27 AM
not a huge fan of Kuwait, but I loved UAE!!

Trinidad was amazing! I was 16, and at the age to really enjoy my time there!! I loved the culture, the people, and the experience!! The island is fun all the time, and there is always something to do!!

I'm guessing your military, if so, what branch?? I'm looking into the Air Force after I get my degree!!

atlfootr
11-06-2007, 08:21 AM

I hope to god your NOT an illeagal Mexican liv'n here in the USA like all those others, that Hilary Clinton wants to give driver license too :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEjODU3LGhQ

Mikey
11-06-2007, 11:29 AM
not a huge fan of Kuwait, but I loved UAE!!

Trinidad was amazing! I was 16, and at the age to really enjoy my time there!! I loved the culture, the people, and the experience!! The island is fun all the time, and there is always something to do!!

I'm guessing your military, if so, what branch?? I'm looking into the Air Force after I get my degree!!

I was actually think about a vacation to Trinidad.

Yeah im in the AF. Its not for everyone but I seem to enjoy it most of the time. Getting a degree first is definately a good idea. I wish I would have. If you have any questions about the AF just PM me, I would be more than happy to answer them for you.

Lenny, sorry for the major threadjack! I will quit now.

Lennyp04
11-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Atlfooter, dont worry my skin color is white.lol. And I just happen to be a proud citizen of the US so I'd say Im An American!

Lennyp04
11-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Mikey, its no big deal keep on saying what you gotta say. We got free speach here in America!

Mikey
11-06-2007, 04:50 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Lennyp04
11-06-2007, 04:59 PM
So yeah still havent driven by myself, cuz my dad called the insurance company today but they were closed when he called. Oh well he'll call toommroow and I can drive then!

Mikey
11-06-2007, 06:44 PM
I bet you are sitting there like a little kid waiting for christmas. :D

JoshBuzz
11-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Mikey, its no big deal keep on saying what you gotta say. We got free speach here in America!

Remember Lenny, Mikey's the reason for our free speech!! Thanks Mikey!!

I'll reply later with some info on Trinidad, I'm going to see the pre-screening of Lions for Lambs right now!!

ProTour X9
11-06-2007, 08:03 PM
[quote=ProTour X9]ITS NOT FROZEN TUNDRA YOU TEXAS BRUSHPOPPER8p

Only thing missing here is an X9 yooper/polock in his pink hat.. :D :D

whatever you say AWCHIE!

JoshBuzz
11-07-2007, 03:40 AM
Mikey,

for someone in who's seen so much of the world, such as yourself, Trinidad would be an awesome vacation!! There's alot of fun things to do, you've just got to know where to go!! Maracas beach is nice, and the shark and bake is a local sandwhich that's amazing with the hot sauce!!, and if you're scuba certified, there is a lot of awesome places to dive!! The fishing is awesome, and I'm sure you could find someone to ride with!! The bars are cool, and there's a few hot spots!! Saint James is fun, it's sort of a party street, and if you go around mardi gras time, carnival is going on, and the streets come alive every weekend! There's big partys called fete's that are like 50 dollars to get in, and have unlimited drinks all night! The local beer there is Carib, and it's amazing! The local favorite rum wise is Fernandes, and it's great with portugal juice which is a sort of mix of pineapple, orange, and tangerine juice! the savannah is a huge round about, that's the center of Port-of-Spain, the capital, and it's always fun to go and have dinner at trotters (make sure to get the Maracas shark bites as an appetizer!!), next to the savannah and watch a game of futbol!! There's a few hotels there that are nice if you want to stay local, but the hilton is always your best bet!! any other questons, fire away, I'd love to answer them!!!

Lennyp04
11-07-2007, 06:34 AM
So let me get this straight...Mikey your in the war over there. Maybe I missed something.

Mikey
11-07-2007, 12:15 PM
So let me get this straight...Mikey your in the war over there. Maybe I missed something.

Well, not exactly IN the war. I am behind the scenes maintaining communications equipment in the desert. I play a small role in the war effort. :)

JoshBuzz
11-07-2007, 04:29 PM
small it may seem, but important, and we appreciate you just as much as if you were flying jet's on the front lines!! My Uncle was in charge of a bunch of air operations over in Iraq when the war first started, Colonel Robert "Boobay" Chapman!! When is your vacation time Mikey??

Mikey
11-07-2007, 05:12 PM
small it may seem, but important, and we appreciate you just as much as if you were flying jet's on the front lines!! My Uncle was in charge of a bunch of air operations over in Iraq when the war first started, Colonel Robert "Boobay" Chapman!! When is your vacation time Mikey??

Well, I should be home in the end of January. I will be taking a vacation sometime between Feb and May. So many places to go I am having trouble deciding.

captain planet
11-07-2007, 05:15 PM

Oh no. I'm right next door in Ohio. Are you in EASTERN PA by chance?!?! :rolleyes:

dmayer84
11-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Hes over near Allentown IIRC so I think your safe;)

Lennyp04
11-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Yeah until i get my senior license but thats not til next year!

CVandEVD
11-07-2007, 07:38 PM

Or up in West Michigan...CAR DEER ACCIDENTS!!!! I'm on my second....and i'll be 17 in June :( I'll have my truck back on Friday hopefully....man i miss it :(

Lennyp04
11-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Yeah up at the lake in the Poconos there are so many deer. Always gotta drive slower at night. They can really do a lot of damage and sometimes can kill you.

Mikey, all I can say is thank you for serving this country!

Mikey
11-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Or up in West Michigan...CAR DEER ACCIDENTS!!!! I'm on my second....and i'll be 17 in June :( I'll have my truck back on Friday hopefully....man i miss it :(

Would that be Western U.P. or lower Michigan?

CVandEVD
11-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Western Lower...Sand Lake, Newaygo area....north of Grand Rapids...i've always wondered what it was like to have an airbag blow up in my face...well...i found out the hard way.....and for you folks on here that haven't had it happen..for the sake of god close your eyes and mouth...the dust is HORRIBLE.