PDA

View Full Version : cold weather gloves

sizzler
11-05-2007, 11:59 AM
any suggestions for cold-weather gloves......i want to keep nice and toastie during our winter......

beef
11-05-2007, 12:04 PM
I've got a pair of these (http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?r=view&i=33085&pdesc=Chota_Neo/Fleece_Cold_Water_Gloves&aID=10B) for when the water's REAL cold. They're fairly thick so they will cramp up your hands a little, but they are very warm.

BrianM
11-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Put a regular pair of disposable latex rubber gloves on first and tuck them under the cuffs of your drysuit. Then put on your regular ski gloves. You have just created dry gloves with negligable extra bulk..

AirJunky
11-05-2007, 12:28 PM
I've used dish gloves, real drysuit gloves, and the 4/5 mm thick dive gloves like Chotas listed above. The problem with the dish & dry gloves was when they leaked, your hands would freeze. And eventually, they always leak.
The Chotas caused a little more forearm pump the first couple times out, but wasn't any big deal once I got used to them. We rode in some ridiculously cold temps & the Chotas will keep you warm.

Funny story..... I'm riding with dry gloves & the cotton liners underneath. Bust out to do a one handed backflip, crash, let go of the rope, instantly realize my right hand is COLD!! I come back up to the surface, look at my hand, no dry glove, just the liner. Boat comes back around to pick me up again, and my glove is still attached to the handle!!

Sodar
11-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Put a regular pair of disposable latex rubber gloves on first and tuck them under the cuffs of your drysuit. Then put on your regular ski gloves. You have just created dry gloves with negligable extra bulk..

Exactly!! You cannot beat the cheepies!! Throw a new set on for every run and after 200 runs, you are still ahead.

sizzler
11-06-2007, 03:22 AM
i had the chotas last season and did experience a hell of a lot of fore-arm pump(thats single life for you)......but they seem to have gone missing,....so am in the market for some new ones.......water was 52 last weekend.....gonna need gloves soon...

am in NYC in 2 weeks..gotta get some ordering done....