PDA

View Full Version : Shower question

Cary K.
11-05-2007, 12:29 PM
I have a shower on the boat, and although I rarely use it, it is awesome when I do. However the hot water only comes out about 1/3 of the volume/pressure as the cold. And I have to increase the RPM's to get that. It is plenty hot and gets the job done, but it would be nicer if it was at the same pressure as the cold.

My question: Is this normal or should both be at the same pressure?

If the answer is that it may have a partially clogged line, is ther any easy way to clean it out?

Thank in advance!

G-man
11-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Your hot/cold mix valve could be clogged or broken. I will guess you are trying to use the shower with the engine running???? As long as you can get the shower to a comfortable temp your fine.

BrianM
11-05-2007, 01:15 PM
You probably have a clogged screen on the hot side of the mixing valve or the fitting at the block may be a bit rusty and restricted.. Clean that out and you should have equal pressure.

Do you run your shower with only the hot valve open and the cold off? I get so much HOT (160 degree) water out of mine that I have to turn the cold way up so I don't scald myself.

Cary K.
11-05-2007, 01:32 PM
I run it hot only to warm the wetsuit/heater shirt back up, then mix it to a warm temp to fill the suit or to put directly on the skin. I'll try to check for the clogged screen or the fitting.