PDA

View Full Version : 04 and abve Mastercraft Interior seats question?

John4X2
11-01-2007, 12:19 PM
How long on average do the interior seat of an 04 and above mastercraft X2 or anytype of wakeboarding boat. My boat is 3 years old, i have not had it for 3 years with 600 hrs but the seats were worn pretty bad and i am thinking about getting new seats. I was wondering if i should get new factory ones and if i did how long they would last or if i should get my others one Reupholstered if that would make it last longer. So i am just wondering how long they last if stored inside. Would it be better to get factory skins or if i got them done somewhere else would that make a difference in the time they last??

east tx skier
11-01-2007, 12:40 PM
If you use vinyl protectant, store it covered indoors, and avoid stepping on the seats (and assuming there aren't inherent issues with the vinyl), it can last a really long time (some of my seats in my old boat looked fine after 14 years).

BrianM
11-01-2007, 12:41 PM
They should last a very long time if taken care of. I have an '85 with the original interior that is still in excellent shape. The interior in my '97 is original and looks factory new.

If yours need to be replaced order a new set of skins from the factory and have a local shop do the install for you.

Jorski
11-01-2007, 12:56 PM
For some reason, and I am not sure why, the newer interiors seem not to last as long as the older vintage stuff. Maybe it's because of all of the fancier sewing versus flatter panels and less stitching..don'y know.