PDA

View Full Version : Camp Ozark- Lake Ouachita, Arkansas

JoshBuzz
10-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Just secured a job on the lake crew this summer at Camp Ozark on Lake Ouachita in Arkansas!! Anyone know anything about this lake, or ride it often and wanna share what the conditions are like in the summer?? We've got 9 Nautiques, and 2 brand new X-1's!! I'm super stoked about working there, all we do is ski, wakeboard, barefoot, and teach kids how to do anything and everything they will ever want to on the lake!! Should be a fun job, just wondering if anyone rides up there, and would want to meet up for a weekend ride or something?!?

Ric
10-31-2007, 06:32 PM
congrats, it's been a lotta years since I skiid there but it's a long lake with plenty of places for good water.... my bet is that these days, the weekends are like any other wally lake and the weekdays are primo skiing. Have fun!

JoshBuzz
10-31-2007, 06:39 PM
yeah, typical wally filled public lake! Good part about it is, from what I hear, we have our own private section of the lake to do whatever we want on!!

G-man
10-31-2007, 06:40 PM
The water is real clear for a lake, translates to rock bottom, deep, cool. It should be be a good experience for you.

JoshBuzz
10-31-2007, 06:41 PM
Awesome!! Yeah, it's a dream, getting paid to go out on the lake for 2 months straight!!

can't think of anything better!!

magnum
10-31-2007, 06:46 PM
I live in AR and been on there several times , Great lake with lots of islands and big coves you can usually find one that is not in use most of the time, fairly calm lake most of the time due to the islands breaking the waves . Very large lake so you should have a great time working there

JoshBuzz
10-31-2007, 06:48 PM
take a weekend to the hot springs, and we can ride together magnum!! The camp is pretty close to the springs if I remember correct!!

Ric
10-31-2007, 06:51 PM
Awesome!! Yeah, it's a dream, getting paid to go out on the lake for 2 months straight!!

can't think of anything better!! milkman knows some gals in the oklahoma area who may change your mind

magnum
10-31-2007, 06:55 PM
will do, give is a holler when you are there

east tx skier
10-31-2007, 06:58 PM
You've got a summer full of butt-wipin' and diaper changes ahead of you. Have fun!

;)

Ric
10-31-2007, 07:04 PM
You've got a summer full of butt-wipin' and diaper changes ahead of you. Have fun!

;) It's like bein in college station! :D

H20BOY
10-31-2007, 07:04 PM
JoshBuzz you will love the lake. I grew up on Lake Ouachita and still drive 6 hours from Fort Worth to go back. The Lake is the cleanest lake you will ever be on. Due to its size and the amount of coves you can always find smooth water. Camp Ozark has a cove they use most of the time that is pretty good. They also used to set up a slalom course in the cove for the summer, but I am not sure if they still do. While you are there make sure you stop by Shangri-La Resort for some home made pie. It is the best around. If you need anymore info on the lake just let me know.

bobx1
10-31-2007, 07:15 PM
Josh - you will probably be teaching my youngest (Sam) some stuff next summer. He learned to wake skate their this past summer. He has been for the last two years and loves Camp Ozark.

Mikey
10-31-2007, 08:15 PM
Awesome lake, should be a great time for you. There are several people on this board that spend alot of time there in the summer. You should get all the info you need. Im going up there one weekend this summer to finish up my SCUBA certification. Maybe I will see you there.

TMCNo1
10-31-2007, 08:38 PM
We were on Lake Quachita on Sunday, June 21, 1993 after the Mid America Boat Owner Reunion @ the Lake Hamilton Conference Center and Resort in Hot Springs, with about 20 other MC owners. It's a beautiful lake about 20 miles from Hot Springs. We had a 1/4 mile wide X 3 mile cove all to ourselves all day long. Rain showers all day and no one cared including us.

JoshBuzz
10-31-2007, 09:24 PM
It's like bein in college station! :D

watch it now!! haha, but seriously, with our football team this year, the whole butt whippin' part will be the same haha!! We've been teaching kids and girls to wakeboard all summer, so hopefully it'll be more of the same!!

milkman knows some gals in the oklahoma area who may change your mind

Really now, where in Oklahoma?? I might have to go visit milkmania soon!! I'm heading up to edmond/stillwater/brick city very soon!!

:D

will do, give is a holler when you are there

definitely will do!! right now it looks like I'll be up there around mid may, and won't leave til mid July!!

JoshBuzz you will love the lake. I grew up on Lake Ouachita and still drive 6 hours from Fort Worth to go back. The Lake is the cleanest lake you will ever be on. Due to its size and the amount of coves you can always find smooth water. Camp Ozark has a cove they use most of the time that is pretty good. They also used to set up a slalom course in the cove for the summer, but I am not sure if they still do. While you are there make sure you stop by Shangri-La Resort for some home made pie. It is the best around. If you need anymore info on the lake just let me know.

I'm looking forward to a summer full of glass, and Shangri-La pie, I heard it was the best!! If you make the trip up there this summer, let me know, I'd love to meet up with you on a weekend off!!

Josh - you will probably be teaching my youngest (Sam) some stuff next summer. He learned to wake skate their this past summer. He has been for the last two years and loves Camp Ozark.

I'm looking forward to getting to teach the kids this summer!! If possible send him to one of the first 4 sessions, and I'll be sure to keep an eye out for him!!

Awesome lake, should be a great time for you. There are several people on this board that spend alot of time there in the summer. You should get all the info you need. Im going up there one weekend this summer to finish up my SCUBA certification. Maybe I will see you there.

Let me know when you're coming up Mikey!! Maybe we could all organize a weekend out, and all have a reunion and ride together or something!!

Mikey
10-31-2007, 09:53 PM
Let me know when you're coming up Mikey!! Maybe we could all organize a weekend out, and all have a reunion and ride together or something!!

I might be boatless by that time so I may need to bum a pull off of someone.:o

JoshBuzz
10-31-2007, 10:02 PM
we'll find something to ride behind!! Magnum might come up, and we've got 9 nautiques and 2 brand new X-1's so we'll find something!!

milkmania
10-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Just secured a job on the lake crew this summer at Camp Ozark on Lake Ouachita in Arkansas!! Anyone know anything about this lake, or ride it often and wanna share what the conditions are like in the summer?? We've got 9 Nautiques, and 2 brand new X-1's!! I'm super stoked about working there, all we do is ski, wakeboard, barefoot, and teach kids how to do anything and everything they will ever want to on the lake!! Should be a fun job, just wondering if anyone rides up there, and would want to meet up for a weekend ride or something?!?
I'm interested in getting my son signed up, let us know more

as far as Oklahoma women.....
I met this one gal that

oops, wrong website, my bad:o

edit:
Josh,
Mt. Ida is 90 miles from me

JoshBuzz
10-31-2007, 10:55 PM
haha, how olds your son, are you looking to sign him up for camp, or for staff??

If you're up in OK, I might hit you up when I come up there later on this year!!

JoshBuzz
10-31-2007, 10:56 PM
just checked your pictures, and feel stupid!

check out www.campozark.com for more info!!

It's a great camp, and I've never heard anything bad about it!!

TMCNo1
11-01-2007, 07:38 AM
I'm interested in getting my son signed up, let us know more

as far as Oklahoma women.....
I met this one gal that

oops, wrong website, my bad:o

edit:
Josh,
Mt. Ida is 90 miles from me

I hope you didn't meet her at Wal-Mart!

BrianM
11-01-2007, 11:16 AM
You'll have a great time. I was a waterski instructor at a camp in Maine for one summer. We had four brand new Prostar 190s that year. Great time. 10 hours a day 6 days a week for 8 weeks on the water. Remember sunscreen is your friend.

jrcarte78
11-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Ouachita is an awesome lake!! My wife is from Hot Springs and we make it down there atleast a couple of times a summer. We normally hit up Shagri-La one of those weekends when we stay at her friends place in Crystal Springs.

I'm sure you'll have a great time. Good water can be found at pretty much any time of due b/c of all the coves and islands.

Good Luck and have fun!

edit--
Forgot to mention.... My avatar pic is at Ouchita this past June!

JoshBuzz
11-01-2007, 08:35 PM
haha, can't wait, and I hear great things about Shangri-La!! give a shout when you come down, and we can meet up over at Shangri-La, if I'm not mistaken, we store our boats over near there!!

JoshBuzz
11-01-2007, 08:37 PM
You'll have a great time. I was a waterski instructor at a camp in Maine for one summer. We had four brand new Prostar 190s that year. Great time. 10 hours a day 6 days a week for 8 weeks on the water. Remember sunscreen is your friend.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to improving my own wakeboarding and slalom skills!! The new X-1s will be nice

I'm a hard head, and usually don't put on the sunscreen, but I have a feeling that's going to change, unless I get a rash guard or two!! to wear underneath it!!

milkmania
11-01-2007, 10:41 PM
I hope you didn't meet her at Wal-Mart!

SamsClub:rolleyes:

jrcarte78
11-02-2007, 01:07 PM
haha, can't wait, and I hear great things about Shangri-La!! give a shout when you come down, and we can meet up over at Shangri-La, if I'm not mistaken, we store our boats over near there!!

We'll definitely do it! Save a pull for me!

JoshBuzz
11-02-2007, 02:28 PM
You know I will!! I'll try and get ahold of one of those X-1's!!

JoshBuzz
12-18-2007, 03:38 AM
Just got a confirmation E-Mail from Ozark saying I made the cut and will be one of 14 on the Lake crew the first half of the summer!! Anyone interested in sending their kids send em to one of the first three sessions!! I'm stoked on this job!! I'm ready for summer to be here!!

Diesel
12-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Just got a confirmation E-Mail from Ozark saying I made the cut and will be one of 14 on the Lake crew the first half of the summer!! Anyone interested in sending their kids send em to one of the first three sessions!! I'm stoked on this job!! I'm ready for summer to be here!!

Will you be there the third week of July? We spend a week on the lake every year in July with the family at Shangri La. This will be my 32nd consecutive year to Ouachita.