PDA

View Full Version : Super Staph Bug

alletric
10-30-2007, 11:02 PM
I am just in from the hospital and wanted to give you guys a little warning about why I was there. 2 days ago we saw a little red dot on my 2 and 1/2 year old son's rear end and thought it was just a bump and dismissed it. Yesterday it had grown into a knot and my wife said it was that superbug staph that has been in the news. I said no way and that the media hypes it up to scare everyone. Well this morning it had gotten bigger so we went to the doctor at 2:30 p.m. He immediately said we have to take him to the hospital to put him to sleep and cut it out. He had eaten lunch so we had to wait 6 hours to put him to sleep. Well it turns out that the wife was correct and they think it is that super staph that is resistant to antibiotics. The doctor told us that they have been seeing it for 2 years and that the media has just caught on to it(dad was somewhat right). The antibiotics are so outdated that they do little for these new bugs. The pharmacutical companies tried to invent new ones but they were having deaths and lawsuits so they quit trying due to liability. They ended up cutting a hole the diameter of a dime and a 1/2" deep. This was after 2 days! We have no idea where it came from but the doctor said you rarely do. We worried about his preshool class and he said chances are he got it from one of them there. The whole family is on antibiotics to prevent further infection assuming it would help anyway. The little guy came through it good and is in the bed with his mother for restful night from being on gas. Just wanted to let everyone know that it is not just a hyped up media creation and to look out for it.

6ballsisall
10-30-2007, 11:06 PM
Wow! Best wishes and godspeed Alletric.

I have been reading up on this MRSA, it looks like bad news.

sand2snow22
10-30-2007, 11:09 PM
I hope he's going to be OK and a speedy recovery. After my first ACL surgery I got a bad strep bug in my knee and in my leg. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks in serious pain, high fever and almost died. They hit me with some powerful IV antibiotics. Thank God it wasn't that flesh eating bug!!

alletric
10-30-2007, 11:13 PM
MSRA was what they think it is, Scary stuff. Thanks for your thoughts.

X2M
10-30-2007, 11:33 PM
How scary that must have been for you and your wife. So happy to hear that your son is doing well now. Hope he has a very speedy recovery with no complications.

Did you let the preschool know about the infection? Preschools are full of so many germs. Hopefully the school will take precautions and clean like crazy. When a child has an infection like this is the school required to let the state, cdc or parents of kids at the school know?

alletric
10-30-2007, 11:37 PM
How scary that must have been for you and your wife. So happy to hear that your son is doing well now. Hope he has a very speedy recovery with no complications.

Did you let the preschool know about the infection? Preschools are full of so many germs. Hopefully the school will take precautions and clean like crazy. When a child has an infection like this is the school required to let the state, cdc or parents of kids at the school know?
My wife is the head of the preschool so she will be handling that side of it for sure.

TX.X-30 fan
10-30-2007, 11:52 PM
Glad the little guy is doing well, Not just a problem caused by lack of new drugs. From what I have read there were too many doctors giving out too many antibiotics for too long. These bugs have mutated into what we are seeing today.

Yes now we need new antibiotics. Our pediatrician has not prescribed any for our little guy's in some time. Doctors are starting to get the picture and prescribing antibiotics more responsibly now.

Again, hope your little guy gets well soon.

bigmac
10-30-2007, 11:52 PM
I The whole family is on antibiotics to prevent further infection assuming it would help anyway.

See that's worrisome to me...indiscriminate use of antibiotics is how staph aureus became resistant to antibiotics in the first place. What they should have done is advised your family to wash their hands a lot.

I'll be interested to see if it does turn out to me MRSA, though. Please keep us posted.

Glad he's doing well.

dapicatti
10-31-2007, 12:12 AM
Wow! I am glad he is ok. I hope that the rest of the family avoids the big bug!

Farmer Ted
10-31-2007, 12:24 AM
Chad,

Good to hear you guys caught it in time. Hope the boys have a speedy recovery!

T

cbryan70
10-31-2007, 12:35 AM
I just find this crazy with this bug. I was around it for about a year with my grandma in the hospital with open wounds. We were all suppose to wear all the gear when going in to see her but obviously that got old. The hospital really didnt even make a big deal about it. We were handling her while she had open wounds...and no one got infected. How is it spread i think its airborn but that just wouldnt make sense to me?

TX.X-30 fan
10-31-2007, 01:11 AM

Funny thing is this could probably be cultured out of your nose, mine and most likely everyone else. Young, old and people with depressed immune systems are more susceptible to thees infections. Staph in everywhere, and these resistant ones were (as bigmac says) caused by indiscriminate over prescription of antibiotics.

Not to question your good intentions, but what exactly could
the "state" do for any of us in a situation like this? I think the CDC already knows whats up, and yes the school should notify the parents.

I find it amusing when Americans look to some govt. agency to insure their health and well being, just seems to me we should look out for ourselves. Looks like with the attitudes of some in the US we are headed for the same disasters with health care so many in Europe and Canada have suffered through for so many years?

On the part about the pre-schools being full of germs, yes they are. This is not all bad, when they are exposed to germs their immune systems developed resistance. At some point we all had to develop these resistances to common bugs. This problem that is getting so much nightly news play time now did not just happen last week when news was slow and Brian Williams decided to do a story on it. Nurses and doctors have been seeing this fo some time now.

In the end the private sector, not the government will find solutions!!

TMCNo1
10-31-2007, 06:31 AM
We hope your child continues to do well, keep us informed!

H20skeefreek
10-31-2007, 07:14 AM
Yes, keep us informed, your family is in my prayers.

It is really a shame though that the doctor put your family on antibiotics as a preventative, that's not really how they work, and how this MRSA has developed. Very irresponsible on the doc's part. MRSA killed my grandfather in 1999, and my wife got it at the time, it's a nasty, nasty bug, but it's one that was created by the overuse of antibiotics. It's amazing how many times I've been prescribed antibiotics for viral infections like the flu and common cold. They can't even help them. I just don't take them anymore, and neither will my daughter. We'll take them when it can actually help. The pharmaceutical industry has gotten rich enough off of anti-biotic happy doctors destroying the immune systems of Americans.

Roonie's
10-31-2007, 09:12 AM
Holy smokes glad he is doing ok. Someone that young with it can be very worrisome. The key is you caught it fast. Our prayers are with your family!

bigmac
10-31-2007, 09:44 AM
The pharmaceutical industry has gotten rich enough off of destroying the immune systems of Americans.

Whoa. Indicting the drug mfgrs for MRSA is a conspiracy leap that's not necessarily justified. The concept of prescribing antibiotics indiscriminately falls on the doctors. The pharmaceutical industry has never recommended that antibiotics be prescribed for viral infections, for example. Prescribing indications from the drug companies for antibiotics have always been appropriate and reasonable, even based on what we know now. Exceeding those prescribing recommendations was in large part doctors reacting to the discomfort of their patients who come in with a bad cold (for example) and want to get better. The patients tend to feel cheated if they're feeling miserable, see their doctor, and are sent home from the office with only the intructions to "just take two aspirins and call me in the morning". By god, they want some antibiotics to cure that cold! Unfortunately, doctors tended to succumb to those erroneous expectations and did prescribe those antibiotics in too many instances, even though they knew better. The rationalization by those MD's was that they might be preventing secondary infections...eg a pneumonia or bronchitis that might set in in a patient with a viral upper respiratory infection. Studies have shown that that type of secondary infection is an uncommon enough experience that a prophylactic antibiotic course is unwarranted.

ShamrockIV
10-31-2007, 09:53 AM
I am glad he is doing well!!!! We have had some case here in TN and my wife has been really worried!!! We have 4 daughters; 2 in 2nd grade, 1 in K, and 1 in daycare so i guess she has reason to worry!! hope urs gets well soon!!!!!!!!!!

X2M
10-31-2007, 10:23 AM
Funny thing is this could probably be cultured out of your nose, mine and most likely everyone else. Young, old and people with depressed immune systems are more susceptible to thees infections. Staph in everywhere, and these resistant ones were (as bigmac says) caused by indiscriminate over prescription of antibiotics.

Not to question your good intentions, but what exactly could
the "state" do for any of us in a situation like this? I think the CDC already knows whats up, and yes the school should notify the parents.

I find it amusing when Americans look to some govt. agency to insure their health and well being, just seems to me we should look out for ourselves. Looks like with the attitudes of some in the US we are headed for the same disasters with health care so many in Europe and Canada have suffered through for so many years?

On the part about the pre-schools being full of germs, yes they are. This is not all bad, when they are exposed to germs their immune systems developed resistance. At some point we all had to develop these resistances to common bugs. This problem that is getting so much nightly news play time now did not just happen last week when news was slow and Brian Williams decided to do a story on it. Nurses and doctors have been seeing this fo some time now.

In the end the private sector, not the government will find solutions!!

My questions came from a personal experience that my family had at a pre-school. When kids get certain bugs the pre-schools are required by law to let the state/cdc know and take precautions to keep the rest of their population healthy. This not something new. Nor is it an "american looking to a government agency to insure their health".

alletric
10-31-2007, 10:42 AM
Give you an update. He slept through the night and is up and doing well. A little slow to sit down but in good spirits. We go back today and have it repacked at 2:30. That should be fun. The antibiotic is a topical that is suppossed to be swabed in the nose on us. On him it is the same thing plus an oral antibiotic. I think they wanted us to do this in case it was something other than MSRA that the sntibiotics would work on. They won't know for sure until the lab work comes back. Is it still a good idea for us to do the swab? Someone with a Dr's degree only on this one. The Holiday Inn doesn't count. Thank you for all the kind words and thoughts. It means a lot.

kjohnson
10-31-2007, 10:51 AM
My mother died from MRSA a little over a year ago. It is no joke and is in most hospitals, nursing homes etc. My mother caught it in a nursing home and it got into her blood and she died within 4 days. Still working on a lawsuit against the nursing home.

bigmac
10-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Give you an update. He slept through the night and is up and doing well. A little slow to sit down but in good spirits. We go back today and have it repacked at 2:30. That should be fun. The antibiotic is a topical that is suppossed to be swabed in the nose on us. On him it is the same thing plus an oral antibiotic. I think they wanted us to do this in case it was something other than MSRA that the sntibiotics would work on. They won't know for sure until the lab work comes back. Is it still a good idea for us to do the swab? Someone with a Dr's degree only on this one. The Holiday Inn doesn't count. Thank you for all the kind words and thoughts. It means a lot.

Your previous post led me to conclude they'd put you on systemic antibiotics, which would be pointless. Ideally, before putting you on a topical antibiotic in the nose, nasal cultures should have been done to see if there actually is MRSA growing there, but if your son's abscess actually is caused by MRSA, then the nasal antibiotic ointment is not entirely unreasonable. I'm guessing your doctor might be overreacting a little, but he's there and we're here, and I would certainly recommend you take his advice over any of us boat-owning Holiday Inn Express customers ;) no matter what other credentials we might happen to have.

alletric
10-31-2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks BigMac. Will Do.

Ric
10-31-2007, 11:13 AM
hahahh freek I was going to bump you for the leap to the conspiracy but I left it alone:D

Whoa. Indicting the drug mfgrs for MRSA is a conspiracy leap that's not necessarily justified. The concept of prescribing antibiotics indiscriminately falls on the doctors. The pharmaceutical industry has never recommended that antibiotics be prescribed for viral infections, for example. Prescribing indications from the drug companies for antibiotics have always been appropriate and reasonable, even based on what we know now. Exceeding those prescribing recommendations was in large part doctors reacting to the discomfort of their patients who come in with a bad cold (for example) and want to get better. The patients tend to feel cheated if they're feeling miserable, see their doctor, and are sent home from the office with only the intructions to "just take two aspirins and call me in the morning". By god, they want some antibiotics to cure that cold! Unfortunately, doctors tended to succumb to those erroneous expectations and did prescribe those antibiotics in too many instances, even though they knew better. The rationalization by those MD's was that they might be preventing secondary infections...eg a pneumonia or bronchitis that might set in in a patient with a viral upper respiratory infection. Studies have shown that that type of secondary infection is an uncommon enough experience that a prophylactic antibiotic course is unwarranted.

Ric
10-31-2007, 11:15 AM
seems like someone would have come up with a way to kill this virus at least in the institutions?

Roonie's
10-31-2007, 11:25 AM
seems like someone would have come up with a way to kill this virus at least in the institutions?

Bleach will do the trick also alcohol

http://www.pr.com/press-release/57525

I have heard of people actually taking baths in a bleach/water solution when they get the superbug. Some people claim it is very effective (not necessarily recommended). Also wipe down everything in the house with bleach as it will kill most everything.

bcampbe7
10-31-2007, 11:37 AM
Taking a bath in bleach would also disrupt the normal flora found on your body. Probably not a great idea.

Glad to hear the little guy is doing well allteric. Kudos to your wife for detecting it and keeping an eye on things.

Knox's_Better_half
10-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Alletric glad to here things are getting better for your family.

What part of the Southeast are you in?

alletric
10-31-2007, 12:07 PM
Cairo, Ga. It is a little town on the Ga/Fla border about 45 minutes North of Tallahassee. Lake Seminole and the Flint river are our main bodies of water. they are about 30 minutes to our west.

puck_11
10-31-2007, 12:32 PM
Glad to hear your son is ok! I had the same situation, little bump on my leg, and basically ballooned in two days. Had them slice it open, here's a pic so you can see it, the long cut is almost 2 inches, very painful. Two weeks later, I got another bump on my throat, and spent 4 days in the hospital being pumped full of IVs, mainly Vancomiacin. Luckily a facial surgeon did the second one and I don't have a scar from that one. Don't mess around with this. When I got this no one had heard of it, now the news is running with this. BTW after I got mine, my gf got one right away. Clean and disinfect everything ASAP. Also, I am an extremely healthy individual, I have probably gotten sick in the last ten years less than twice. This effects everyone, healthy and unhealthy.

BTW those repackings are awful. They hurt a lot. Your son will be in a bad mood. Good luck with that. I also had the nose ointment

I'll include two pics of it, so it won't automatically post, and you have to click it open.

H20skeefreek
10-31-2007, 09:52 PM
I edited the post to clarify what I meant. I never meant to indict the drug companies. While I don't agree with everything they do, I did not mean that THEY have caused the destruction of Americans' immune systems. It's indiscriminate prescribing of antibiotics, like you said. They have just gotten rich off of it indirectly, not intentionally.

milkmania
10-31-2007, 10:18 PM
I am just in from the hospital and wanted to give you guys a little warning about why I was there. 2 days ago we saw a little red dot on my 2 and 1/2 year old son's rear end and thought it was just a bump and dismissed it. Yesterday it had grown into a knot and my wife said it was that superbug staph that has been in the news. I said no way and that the media hypes it up to scare everyone. Well this morning it had gotten bigger so we went to the doctor at 2:30 p.m. He immediately said we have to take him to the hospital to put him to sleep and cut it out. He had eaten lunch so we had to wait 6 hours to put him to sleep. Well it turns out that the wife was correct and they think it is that super staph that is resistant to antibiotics. The doctor told us that they have been seeing it for 2 years and that the media has just caught on to it(dad was somewhat right). The antibiotics are so outdated that they do little for these new bugs. The pharmacutical companies tried to invent new ones but they were having deaths and lawsuits so they quit trying due to liability. They ended up cutting a hole the diameter of a dime and a 1/2" deep. This was after 2 days! We have no idea where it came from but the doctor said you rarely do. We worried about his preshool class and he said chances are he got it from one of them there. The whole family is on antibiotics to prevent further infection assuming it would help anyway. The little guy came through it good and is in the bed with his mother for restful night from being on gas. Just wanted to let everyone know that it is not just a hyped up media creation and to look out for it.

I am so happy it's going to turn out well for you
this stuff scares the **** out of me

alletric
10-31-2007, 10:41 PM
I am so happy it's going to turn out well for you
this stuff scares the **** out of me

Thanks for your thoughts. Once you've seen it work it will really scare you. Our doctor is a family friend so he might say more to us than he should but he shared these thoughts when complaing about not having something to treat this bug. He said that it scares the ****out of him too. Tyson came through the repack with a little pain bet handled it well.

TX.X-30 fan
10-31-2007, 10:47 PM
I edited the post to clarify what I meant. I never meant to indict the drug companies. While I don't agree with everything they do, I did not mean that THEY have caused the destruction of Americans' immune systems. It's indiscriminate prescribing of antibiotics, like you said. They have just gotten rich off of it indirectly, not intentionally.

Bill Gates has gotten wealthy beyond any drug company selling you operating systems, I dont understand your point? :confused:

My immune system seems to be working good.

beatle78
11-01-2007, 08:54 AM
MSRA was what they think it is, Scary stuff. Thanks for your thoughts.

Glad your wife was on top of it! We keep them around for a reason :D

My bro has MRSA in his knee ~ 2 years ago. He thought it was a spider bite, but after several days his knee actually swelled up and split open and started oozing.

Luckily some HEAVY duty antibiotics they gave him did the trick for him.

It's def been around and they say it usuualy gets into you body through a scratch or a cut.

Leah
11-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Glad to hear that he is doing better, such a scary thing for such a little guy......Out neighbor went through this just this summer, her 10 yr old had a place erupt on his hip while he was at camp, he had 8 rounds of oral antbx, then had to have it lanced followed by wound care at home.....He was wearing a bandage for almost a month because it took so long to heal.....He is a boy of all boys who wouldn't stay out of the lake, keep his hands washed or anything else I'm sure, still scarey though! You are in my prayers!

bigmac
11-01-2007, 01:49 PM
It would be helpful if we could all just kind of step back a bit on this issue and take a breath. I realize that the news media is just doing what it does best - get people scared - but we need to keep this "super bug" brouhaha in perspective.

This MRSA bug is staphylococcus aureus. It's been with us for centuries, living on our skin, in our soil, in our food. Prior to 1945, we had no means of killing it. In 1945, they commercialized penicillin and it killed staph aureus, no problem. By 1948, it was mostly resistant to penicillin. In 1960, they developed methicillin. That was expensive and hard to administer, so they also developed ciprofloxacin in the 1960's as well as other antibiotics like Keflex (those greedy drug companies). Staph aureus became resistant to Cipro and most of the others, but remained sensitive to methicillin. Until about 20 years ago when resistant strains began to show up. Now, we are in a situation where most of the staph aureus out there, in the schools, in the hospitals, in the day care centers, are MRSA.

This bacteria is no more virulent, aggressive, than staph aureus ever has been. People keep wanting to confuse it with the media-creation "flesh-eating bacteria" (classic...;) ). The difference is, that in the rare circumstance where a staph aureus infection actually does get into the blood stream, we can't treat it with good old methicillin...we have to use vancomycin instead. I confess to being puzzled by the whole experience related by alletric and his son. It sounds like he got a little abscess. We don't even know yet if it was staphylococcus at all, let alone MRSA. The treatment for an abscess is incision and drainage, and that's true no matter what the bacteria is that caused it. Use of antibiotics isn't warranted anyway, and never has been. Typically, his son wouldn't be in danger unless the bug got into his bloodstream ("sepsis"), and that is rare. I see abscesses like this all the time...including those caused by MRSA. It is just not a problem worthy of the screaming meemies that the news media is trying to infect us with.

I work at ground zero for MRSA. How do we control it? We wash our hands. A lot. It's not airborne. You won't be infected in your sleep. You don't need to avoid crowds. You don't need to bathe in bleach. It may make everyone feel better to close and disinfect your schools and day care centers, but within 3 months, staph aureus will be back there in force. It's going to be OK. We will survive. Staph aureus hasn't wiped out the human race yet, and it's not going to.

Lennyp04
11-01-2007, 04:18 PM
My mother died from MRSA a little over a year ago. It is no joke and is in most hospitals, nursing homes etc. My mother caught it in a nursing home and it got into her blood and she died within 4 days. Still working on a lawsuit against the nursing home.

Well MRSA is alieve and present in My high school yet everday we still go with the one kid that has it. I believe it is only one, there have been so many rumors going around saying theres more but I dont understand why were in school if people can die from it.

bigmac
11-01-2007, 05:24 PM
OMG that's awful. That poor kid. I'll bet he's treated like some kind of leper.

There's about a 30% chance a nasal culture will grow MRSA from YOU, Lenny. And about a 95% chance that I could culture staph aureus from the skin of your forearm.

SkiDog
11-01-2007, 11:25 PM
I had what I thought was an ingrown hair come up on my jaw last week. Happens all the time, or at least every other month or so. This time though, it would never go away and just kept getting bigger. I kept trying to dislodge it, but it would never pop out. Finally last Sat. it finally came to a head.( Sorry, this is kinda gross, but...) finally popped, and man did it hurt! My jaw had swollen a good bit too. Finally went to the doctor on Tues, and they took a culture, sent it off. Came back today as the MRSA. Damn the luck. However when I woke up this morning, it looks like it healing OK. Doc said take the drugs and inhale the Bactroban too. Funny though, it never hurt after Sun.

Leroy
11-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Sorry to hear that Skidog. Hope all is well. Same for Allectric's son.

I am a one in a million that had the flesh eating disease and survived. These diseases are rare but can be tragic when they hit.

alletric
11-02-2007, 08:26 AM

There's about a 30% chance a nasal culture will grow MRSA from YOU, Lenny. And about a 95% chance that I could culture staph aureus from the skin of your forearm.

That already has happened to us. It spread pretty quickly through the community. We started getting calls making sure that our child was not coming trick or treating to there house. As if the little fellow hadn't been through enough we had to explain why we only trick or treated in our back yard. My wife had a lady that was suppossed to drop some papers by her office. She elected to mail them instead. Our doctor said he is going to go to that preschool and swap the twelve kids is his class that he has not been around in 4 days now. He said he would bet that 5 out of telve would come back with a positive test with no symptoms and chances are one of the other kids transferred it to him. It really infuriated him the ignorance toward it. It is very seriuos thing but a far cry from Ebola.

alletric
11-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Since the sight is no good without pictures... from this summer.

bigmac
11-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Tragic ignorance.

Absolutely despicable handling by the media, using the fear and ignorance of the public (as illustrated in at least of few of the posts in this thread) for the sake of selling more newspapers, more viewers, more website hits.

bigmac
11-02-2007, 09:11 AM
He said he would bet that 5 out of telve would come back with a positive test with no symptoms and chances are one of the other kids transferred it to him. It really infuriated him the ignorance toward it. It is very seriuos thing but a far cry from Ebola.

There ARE no symptoms of having staph aureus.

IT'S NORMAL. EVERYBODY HAS STAPH AUREUS GROWING IN OR ON THEIR BODY...

alletric
11-02-2007, 09:19 AM
There ARE no symptoms of having staph aureus.

IT'S NORMAL. EVERYBODY HAS STAPH AUREUS GROWING IN OR ON THEIR BODY...

Those are my words not his. He just meant not having a huge pussy thing on their butt I'm guessing. Me showing my ignorance.

bcampbe7
11-02-2007, 11:08 AM
I believe you BigMac! :D :D :D

That already has happened to us. It spread pretty quickly through the community. We started getting calls making sure that our child was not coming trick or treating to there house. As if the little fellow hadn't been through enough we had to explain why we only trick or treated in our back yard. My wife had a lady that was supposed to drop some papers by her office. She elected to mail them instead. Our doctor said he is going to go to that preschool and swap the twelve kids is his class that he has not been around in 4 days now. He said he would bet that 5 out of twelve would come back with a positive test with no symptoms and chances are one of the other kids transferred it to him. It really infuriated him the ignorance toward it. It is very serious thing but a far cry from Ebola.

That is sad! Ignorance is bliss...

88 PS190
11-02-2007, 11:20 AM
My bro has MRSA in his knee ~ 2 years ago. He thought it was a spider bite, but after several days his knee actually swelled up and split open and started oozing.

Just so its out there, there are very few spiders in the united states that can cause a bite that will be visable as a red bump. Therefore almost everytime someone claims something to be a spider bite they are just guessing that because a bump showed up and they have no clue about it.

I have had plenty of skin infections, used to get bad ones from ingrown hairs (started using plain bics for a less close shave).

Now you can bet on more of these spider bites as being more than just little skin infections quite often. If you get one, clean it, cover it, wash your hands, and go see a doctor.

If your doctor has ever perscribed an antibiotic when you had a cold, or just because of suspicion get a new doctor. There are some people out there that have antibiotics as sugar pills.

If a doctor gives you an antibiotic take it, follow the directions, and FINISH THE WHOLE COURSE. If a doctor says you can stop taking the antibiotic at a certain point (ex. the infection responded quickly and has been gone for a week or whatever) Then get rid of the antibiotic, do not keep them around to self medicate.

If MRSA scares you, have you heard of the Multidrug Resistant TB's that are around in Russia?

Lennyp04
11-02-2007, 10:58 PM

I personally don't know the kid that has it but everyone just calls him the kid with the MRSA. My one friend actually picked up a brochure from the nurses office on MRSA and did find out that it does grow in your nose.

Now on the other hand. My other friend is trying to get MRSA. He has a pool going to and hes trying to raise somewhere from $75-$150, (dont know for sure cuz he always changes his prices) but so far I think hes got 50. Only reason hes doing it is if we get one more case at our school we should technically get off for a few days while they dissenfect the school.

Maybe I should throw some money in so I can go up to the lake that I havent seen in almost 2 MONTHS!!!!:(