PDA

View Full Version : water skiing in Puerto Vallarta??

cbryan70
10-30-2007, 11:25 PM
Ok so ive been planning a trip and found somthing in my price range. I just got the great idea of water skiing and i have found some things on the internet that show that they have it but i cant find anything that shows rates and such. Has anyone done this in mexico? Think it would be a cool thing and alot of cool pics watersking in the ocean.

shepherd
10-30-2007, 11:52 PM
:twocents: Skip the ocean skiing and go to Ski Paradise in Acapulco instead if you have the $$$$$. I know at least one person on this board has been recently and had good things to say about it.

skisix@38
10-31-2007, 09:46 AM
I am going to PVR at Christmas and have been doing the same research as yourself. I'm looking for great conditions, a perfeect course and boats with speed control to get some good skiing in. That can't be found in PVR. I was a guest coach last March at Ski Paradise in Acapulco and that site is truely amazing! Gordon does a great job for all his guests. There were about 17 peeps there that week and maybe a 25% of them weren't hard core skiers and I got the impression that they had more fun then their hard core skier husbands. The food and accomadations were great and it was a fabulous week. I go back to coach in April this year and I can't wait!!!!! www.skiparadise.com

There were also a few peeps there that had never run the course and went just to have fun making some turns in warm water, IMO those folks had a great time and there wasn't any problems with them not running the course or even wanting to run the course.

cbryan70
10-31-2007, 10:09 AM
Im not looking for a great setup just a ski run. Where are you going to be staying?

Tourney Team 197
10-31-2007, 11:01 AM
I agree with Sheperd, skip the ocean skiing. I did that down in Aruba (behind a powerstar 200) and the conditions were terrible. The water was considered calm that day but there were still significant rollers that did not make the experience very pleasing.

rick s.
10-31-2007, 07:02 PM
My wife and I were down in PV the end of September, and a couple of days the ocean was flat a** calm. We saw a couple of boats cruising around, with tubes, or parasails, and a couple of wakeboarders, so it can be done. The consierge at the hotel will be able to set it up.

rick s.
10-31-2007, 07:05 PM
Oh ya, stay out of the rivers, and don't swim at night. They have a (large) croc problem!!! The day after we arrived we met a couple that went for an early morning walk on the beach. They found a 13 foot croc on the beach that they thought was dead...but no he was only sleeping....