PDA

View Full Version : Cabo Help

dwvktm450
10-30-2007, 09:29 PM
My wife and I are thinking about planning a trip to Cabo in February. I have heard people talk about going before on this board. Any Suggestions?

We are looking at staying at the Crowne Plaza. I feel like I am going at this blind. I am pretty well traveled, but anyone can make a website look good.

Did you use a travel agent? Did you stay at an all-inclusive? What kind of cost can I expect for a weeks vacation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

sand2snow22
10-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Don't buy a timeshare :D Pushy timeshare people everywhere...For our honeymoon we stayed at Pueblo Bonito-Sunset Beach, it's west out of Cabo on the Pacific. Pros-beautiful place, nice pools, good food, you can also enjoy Peublo Bonito Rose in Cabo. The Sunset specials are the best foo foo drink I've ever had, layered strawberry daiquiri, midori colada and pina colada!! Cons-too dangerous to go in the ocean, have to take a shuttle to town, timeshare salespeople are pushy, but you can haggle some free meal money out of them?

The Crowne Plaza looks like it's in San Jose, unfortunately I never made it to San Jose. What are you looking to do? Relax, golf, fish, surf, eat, drink, culture, etc.?

There was an Air Nautique when I was there pulling people in Cabo on the Sea of Cortez. I highly recommend Lover's Beach in Cabo. A cheap boat ride to a beach where on one side is the Pacific and on the other side is the Sea of Cortez. Just go early, we went late and almost got left.

sand2snow22
10-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Here is the link, as a wedding present, our week was free. I have no idea how much it is to stay. There are so many timeshares and hotels in Cabo, I think you should be able to find a really good deal!!

http://www.pueblobonitosunsetbeach.com/

vegashomeexpert
11-01-2007, 10:43 AM
We stayed at the Hotel Finesterra in February. It is on the ridge between town and the Pacific. Yes, the Pacific beach is unswimmable due to currents but the hotel pools were amazing. It is one of the few hotels within walking distance of downtown (5-10 mins) and we walked it everyday at least once. At night there are pedi cabs waiting at the bottom of the hill that we took in for dinner and nightlife. The whale watching is amazing at that time of the year as they start to head back to Alaska. We could sit on our balcony and watch them breaching. Amazing! Cabo's seafood is awesome. Nightlife is crazy. Prices are what you would expect to pay in the states. It takes a few days to adjust to Cabo time (things happen when they happen and cannot be rushed) but once you reach that state of mind... ahh! We never made it to Modano beach and never was presured for timeshare (I have heard that they swarm on Modano beach). Tons of fun!

atlfootr
11-01-2007, 10:56 AM
My wife and I are thinking about planning a trip to Cabo in February.
I have heard people talk about going before on this board. Any Suggestions?

We are looking at staying at the Crowne Plaza. I feel like I am going at this blind.
I am pretty well traveled, but anyone can make a website look good.

Did you use a travel agent? Did you stay at an all-inclusive? What kind of cost can I expect for a weeks vacation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

GREAT CHOICE! Cabo San Lucus

We went there for our Honeymoon!

Stayed over a week and 1/2, if I remember correctly.
Last few days 'n nite's where mostly blurred vision from the Tequila.
I'd :love: to tell you about it, place to stay, things to see and do but rt now I'm head'n out to work.
I'll be glad :D to give you a FULL DETAILED REPORT on this later when time allows (may include some pic's' if I can find 'em) me to do so this week :)

X2M
11-01-2007, 10:57 AM
We went about 8 years ago and stayed closer to San Jose Del Cabo on the beach. I loved San Jose. I would recomend spending some time there. Beautiful little town. There is a good place to eat just outside of San Jose called 'The Trailer Park". Good food right on the beach and cheap too.

Instead of renting a car or taking a taxi we road the public bus into Cabo and back a couple of time. It was clean and cheap. The only strange thing was they did not have regular stops. If you wanted off you had to stand up and yell at the driver, then they would pull over or stop in the middle of the road and you got off.

Hope you have fun! :)

sand2snow22
11-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Instead of renting a car or taking a taxi we road the public bus into Cabo and back a couple of time. It was clean and cheap. The only strange thing was they did not have regular stops. If you wanted off you had to stand up and yell at the driver, then they would pull over or stop in the middle of the road and you got off.
:)

This was my best experience, too. Ride the bus with the locals for a $1. Took the bus to a surf shop/surf spot. It is funny, no bus stops, people just wait on the side of the road to be picked up. Same way in Central America, too!!