PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is the buddy list?

cbryan70
10-28-2007, 12:32 PM
I just saw a buddy list when i looked at someones profile. What exactly does this do? This may be in another thread? Also why is it that moderators get animated icons and we cant!

Moderator4
10-28-2007, 12:45 PM
go to:

"User CP" and update your buddy list

as for the non-moving avatars ... that is an admin settting, not a mod setting ...

milkmania
10-28-2007, 12:45 PM
I just saw a buddy list when i looked at someones profile. What exactly does this do? This may be in another thread? Also why is it that moderators get animated icons and we cant!

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/what_is_buddylist
This is a list of users you wish to identify as your Buddies. To add a user to your buddy list, go to your User CP and in the left Nav Panel under Miscellaneous, select , type the username you wish to add in the [B]Buddy List blank and click [Update Buddy List]
Alternately, you can click on their username in any post and, from the drop-down menu, click the [Add username to Your Buddy List] link.

Buddies will appear in the Users online list with a + sign following their username.

the moving avatars has been a long discussion....
we all used to have them, and when they updated the board's format. the powers that be apparently turned them off..... I think we've narrowed it down that the people that have not changed their avatars still have the animated ones.

TMCNo1
10-28-2007, 02:34 PM
http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/what_is_buddylist

the moving avatars has been a long discussion....
we all used to have them, and when they updated the board's format. the powers that be apparently turned them off..... I think we've narrowed it down that the people that have not changed their avatars still have the animated ones.

Yea, that was 19,459 avatars ago for me!http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/woot.gif

cbryan70
10-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Ohh i know this but how is it that leroy has a moving aviator. moderaters get them and we cant!

TMCNo1
10-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Ohh i know this but how is it that leroy has a moving aviator. moderaters get them and we cant!

You make a good point!:confused:

Leroy
10-29-2007, 12:45 AM
OK, I just tested this earlier today as I connected my back up HDD which had old motion avitars from when I had a program to make them.

I'm really not sure why I could do this and no one else. You have tried with a GIF? I didn't expect it to work but it did......

cbryan70
10-29-2007, 10:01 AM
No i didnt try i would rather just whine about it! :-)

milkmania
10-29-2007, 11:37 PM
OK, I just tested this earlier today as I connected my back up HDD which had old motion avitars from when I had a program to make them.

I'm really not sure why I could do this and no one else. You have tried with a GIF? I didn't expect it to work but it did......

just tried......
vBulletin Message You may not upload animated images.

TMCNo1
10-30-2007, 06:05 AM
just tried......

vBulletin MessageYou may not upload animated images.

My life story!
Thank goodness for dreams, they always move!