PDA

View Full Version : How much of the boat should I wax?

boofer
10-28-2007, 04:19 AM
The title says it. Should I wax it from front to back and top to bottom and inside and out? Are people getting under the boat and waxing the bottom of the hull? If so, what about the areas that sit on the trailer pads?

The search function did not find any posts with "wax" in them. But, I read a few and some people said they wax several times a season. If you wax the ENTIRE boat several times, that has got to be a humongous chore.

dpolen
10-28-2007, 08:01 AM
My answer....the whole dang thing. It's a PITA, that's why I just paid to have it done this fall and my boat has never looked better. I typically wax 2-3 times a year.

TMCNo1
10-28-2007, 09:00 AM
The title says it. Should I wax it from front to back and top to bottom and inside and out? Are people getting under the boat and waxing the bottom of the hull? If so, what about the areas that sit on the trailer pads?

The search function did not find any posts with "wax" in them. But, I read a few and some people said they wax several times a season. If you wax the ENTIRE boat several times, that has got to be a humongous chore.

Wax every exposed surface of gelcoat, including the bottom.
Wax up and back as far as possible, down and forward as far as possible, then wax possible!

As far as the bottom area at the bunks, it will either be on the trailer, on a lift or in the water. If the lift bunks are located different than the trailer bunks, then there is your answer. If it's impossible to do it, so be it.

Check out these threads under "carnuba", http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/search.php?searchid=934638

Hoosier Bob
10-31-2007, 12:21 AM
I would say do the outside first, then the inside! That should cover it!8p

boofer
11-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Thanks guys. I was afraid of the answer, but I asked anyway. It's worth it in the long run I am for sure.

TMCNo1
11-02-2007, 10:10 PM
I usually hit the boat with a coat of wax when we have a sleet, freezing rain or snow, can't wait! It keeps my mind right!

Leroy
11-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Just wax the parts you want to keep ;)

east tx skier
11-02-2007, 11:00 PM
As for the area covered by the bunks, spray some wax on the bunks right before you retrieve the boat. After that, be extremely careful when you launch as the bunks will be slick as greased lightning. That means no unhooking the boat until it is well over or in the water when launching. Of course, if you have a lift that has a different contact point, as Harold said, there's your answer.