PDA

View Full Version : Ballast winterization '08 X2

jweischen
10-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Does anyone know the winterization procedure for the '08 X2 ballast system?The information in the Owners Manual does not make sense for this boat. Also, I found one pump under the rear seat near the access hatch, but where are the other two? Thanks.

Chief
10-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Does anyone know the winterization procedure for the '08 X2 ballast system?The information in the Owners Manual does not make sense for this boat. Also, I found one pump under the rear seat near the access hatch, but where are the other two? Thanks.

Remove the rear panels in the rear storage comapartments on each side of the engine. The pumps are behind them. What part of the southeast? I believe that the ballast system is pretty safe if it's empty, I guess you could find some way to pump rv tank anti-freeze into the system lines. The tanks should be fine if empty.

jweischen
10-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks- Raleigh NC area,Lake Jordan and Gaston mainly. Are those panels in the floor or against the stern- are there screws holding them in or do they just pull out? Where would you pump the antifreeze from- I believe the pickup is under the boat? Just want to make sure- boat is brand new-trying to do things right.

vegashomeexpert
10-29-2007, 12:14 PM
I have an '03 X30 but I can't imagine yours being much different. Just did mine yesterday. There is a ball **** valve on the floor on the port side of the engine just after the lake pick up in the hull. Just behind the ball **** is a cap on what looks like a hose bib. Shut the ball ****, screw a short piece of garden hose into the hose bib. Put the end of the garden hose in a bucket of pink marine anti freeze and suck a little into each tank, one at a time. I put about a gallon into each one which should be more than enough to keep the residual water in the ballast tanks from freezing. We may never see freezing temperatures again in Las Vegas with all this global warming going on, but you never know.....

jweischen
10-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Thanks vegashomeexpert, I know where that valve is, they showed me when I picked up the boat- did not notice the hose bib (but I wasn't looking for it). Sounds simple enough and makes sense. Enjoy the short "winter" out there

1boarder
10-29-2007, 05:02 PM
If I remember correctly, you need the female end of the garden hose.

jweischen
11-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Well, as it turns out there are two water pickups- one for the center tank and another one for the two rear tanks- neither seems to have a hose connection. So you must either have to remove the hoses from the connection and suck up antifreeze with a bottle in the boat or use a "fake-a-lake" underneath the boat. Anybody have a suggestion? Thanks

vision
11-04-2007, 01:25 AM
I hope you are enjoying the new X2. We have a new 08 orange X Star on Gaston. Stop by and say hello if you see on the Lake in the Spring.

I broke down and had Boats Unlimited do our winterization this year. But on our old X2 we could run anti-freeze through the system via the overflow ports on the side of the boat. Should still work for the configuration.

jweischen
11-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Thanks Vision- we will definitely look for you- an orange Xstar would be hard to miss.

Eagle Lake Rebel
11-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Very easy to do on the 07 & 08's. Make sure you tanks are empty, then pour RV antifreeze in the overflow outlets on the side of your boat (couple of gals per tank). Turn your ballast tanks to empty one at a time which back flushes the whole system since the fill/empty lines and pumps are all common. No tools other than a funnel are required. PM me and I'll fax or E-mail you the MC service bulletin.