PDA

View Full Version : Adding fat sac to '92 Prostar 205

STLer645
10-26-2007, 05:02 PM
So I finally found my first MC! It is no beauty queen but it runs great. I picked up a 1992 Prostar 205 for what I consider to be a steal. I will post some pictures once my winter clean up is complete so I can do her justice.

I am mostly a slalom guy, but I do a little wakeboarding and would like to improve. My question is about adding fat sacs and I am totally fat sac illiterate have never even seen them in person. If possible I would prefer to use the sacs that go along side the motor rather than the one that replace the rear seat. Are they effective or do I really need the weight all the way in the back? Also, where can I learn about how to install these? I did a search but didn't come up with much.

TIA,
Jimmy

ridg219
10-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Try posting your question on wakeworld.com

puck_11
10-26-2007, 07:05 PM
I have a 95 205, same boat. I bought two 500 lb sacs that were on sale for $50 each and then a Tsunami pump for $80. They're easy to fill, drop the pump in the water and attach the hose to the fat sacs. You don't need to do any internal plumbing unless you want a fun winter project. I fill up the rear sac all the way and place it in front of the rear seat. Then I fill up the front sac about 2/3 of the way full and place it in the walkway in the bow. It works pretty well and puts up a pretty decent wake. I haven't tried the sides of the engine cover yet, give it a shot and let us know how it works.