PDA

View Full Version : Amp Location

Goalie_ken
03-13-2005, 11:58 AM
I have a 2000 Maristar and plan to add a amp (or 2). Where is the best place to install it and mount one?

Let's see some pictures!

Thanks in advance.

milkmania
03-13-2005, 12:49 PM
I just wanted to add this bit of info to your quest...
my local dealer did tell me to NEVER mount an amp upside down...
the heatsinks are designed to pull heat away from the board, and since heat rises, it'd be defeating the purpose:(

quincyfirefighter
03-13-2005, 08:40 PM
the heatsinks are designed to pull heat away from the board, and since heat rises, it'd be defeating the purpose:(
Milkmania is right on the money when he says not to mount your amps upside down. But I've also been told not to mount them on their side ether. Don't know if thats true or not :confused: Here's my install with room for my sub amp next weekin :D also not done with wire setup :eek3:

Ric
03-13-2005, 10:38 PM
Milkmainia is right, BUT I did it for a couple of years with no problems
my 190 had a mounting plate glassed into the underside of the deck in front of the driver and a subwoofer amp mounted perfectly there.
(I do put spacers behind my amps when I mount them so that there is air movement all the way around them and that may be why my upside-down install was successful)

Goalie_ken
03-14-2005, 12:53 PM
quincyfirefighter,

How were you able to mount the sub there....on my boat I would have to drill thru the fiberglass and it would be visable by the walk through.

Thanks.