PDA

View Full Version : Baby Lifejackets

6ballsisall
03-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Does anyone know where you can get a lifejacket for a newborn?

whitedog
03-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Try West Marine or Overtons.

ski_king
03-13-2005, 07:37 AM
How about this one (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=23895&postcount=64) thanks to BriEOD.

BriEOD
03-13-2005, 07:45 AM
Doug found that one in the yahoo store and I want to say it was like $35-45. It is all neoprene with a zipper, 2 chest buckles and one strap/buckle between the legs. It is USCG approved. I feel it is important to get something that is comfortable for the baby. Plus I don't care about the price when it comes to him, only the best for my "lil man."

MarkP
03-13-2005, 07:55 AM
How about this one (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=23895&postcount=64) thanks to BriEOD.
That looks like the most comfortable 0-35 lb vest that I have seen. I know from experience that its hard to find one that will work well for the first few months.

6ballsisall
03-13-2005, 08:56 AM
Doug found that one in the yahoo store and I want to say it was like $35-45. It is all neoprene with a zipper, 2 chest buckles and one strap/buckle between the legs. It is USCG approved. I feel it is important to get something that is comfortable for the baby. Plus I don't care about the price when it comes to him, only the best for my "lil man."

Brieod, where did you get the HO vest for your little one, that is exactly what I am looking for! i tried some yahoo stores but no luck. If you have the receipt could you let me know the name of the store? The little man isn't making his first appearance until July but I want to be ready for him!

JohnnyB
03-13-2005, 09:30 AM
Very similar to what I had for my younger daughter. Mine was an HO, too. You'll probably have to find an HO retailer because the catalogs do not carry HO products.

Spend the money to get a comfortable jacket and you'll be very glad you did. Both of my girls were in the boat at a very early age. My now 2yr old was riding on my wife's lap in the spotters chair at 3mos......some of her first words/phrases were "boat" and "daddy ski". At 18mos she discovered one of my WSM issues and flipped every page yelling "boat!!!", "Ski!!"

We bought a "cheap" ski vest for my older daughter when she was 1year old and she hated it...she quickly associated that with the boat and hated to ride in it too. The next spring with a better fitting vest and time to forget, things were much better.

It is also so important for good fit and comfort as our lake gets deep quick and for safety reasons our kids wear their vests when swimming.

east tx skier
03-13-2005, 10:39 PM
Get them a comfortable one or they will scream and keep you docked. The HO Infant Neo Vest was the first thing I purchased when I found out I was going to be a fater. Brian's right. I got it through a yahoo store after a google search for "HO Infant neo vest." I think it was called "Ride the Wave Sports."

6ballsisall
03-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Get them a comfortable one or they will scream and keep you docked. The HO Infant Neo Vest was the first thing I purchased when I found out I was going to be a fater. Brian's right. I got it through a yahoo store after a google search for "HO Infant neo vest." I think it was called "Ride the Wave Sports."

Sweet!! I just found it, thanks a ton!!

http://www.ridewatersports.com/hyininneove3.html

east tx skier
03-13-2005, 10:48 PM
No sweat. Glad to help.

tex
03-14-2005, 10:40 AM
get the neophrene-kids dig it!