PDA

View Full Version : BUs new Corvette Vsport

oldriver
10-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Waterski online has an article and artist renditions of their new corvette.Interesting horsepower ratings,Think I will stick with the LT1

TMCNo1
10-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Waterski online has an article and artist renditions of their new corvette.Interesting horsepower ratings,Think I will stick with the LT1

By what I saw in the picture and renderings, I like it. That trailer is gonna be sweet with those Corvette wheels.
They're probably trying to take the some of the air out of MC's 40th Anniversary ballon.

Also, the Design-A-Boat still doesn't have the 40th Anniversary Editions added yet as was indicated for the week of September the 42th on the consumer side.

ProTour X9
10-23-2007, 07:57 PM
They're probably trying to take the some of the air out of MC's 40th Anniversary ballon.

I thought the same thing........

tbd01
10-23-2007, 11:03 PM
gm should build a malibu silverado, that way both truck and boat can look confusing, they could put one of those fancy propeller hitch thingys on the back to match the car I mean boat wait, forget it, I'll stick with MC

ski36short
10-24-2007, 12:57 PM
I haven't seen it but I'm going out on a limb here to say that a Corvette V-drive is kinda like a Corvette minivan - that is, just not right. I love all the "Malibu Boats has been SELECTED by GM" talk as if GM actively sought someone to do a Corvette boat. I find that hard to believe as well...

captain planet
10-24-2007, 01:14 PM
I'll bet the hydrophonic dampening box leaks just as fast in the corvette boat as it does in their other boats. :rolleyes: :purplaugh

Jim@BAWS
10-24-2007, 01:19 PM
For you to say that is extremely unique

I haven't seen it but I'm going out on a limb here to say that a Corvette V-drive is kinda like a Corvette minivan - that is, just not right. I love all the "Malibu Boats has been SELECTED by GM" talk as if GM actively sought someone to do a Corvette boat. I find that hard to believe as well...

The first year Malibu did this they had VERY limited sucess with it. That was probably there best year with it. That was a unique year. Malibu had to go back to dealers and give back side monies of over
$7500 per boat just to help dealers sell them. Customers who purchased the first year and stored them made out OK. But the other owners really took a bath on them as far as reasale. I do not think IMO that GM sought out Malibu. A little twist on words here ( Another Urband legend ) I think that BU has sought out GM.

The Calaway 383 SuperNatural motor is one hell of a motor. I had an opportunity to drive one a few times FAST FAST. That is one of the reasons for the PLATE on the back of the boat. The thing is....is this a SPEED BOAT or a SKIBOAT. Last time I checked BU was building wakeboard and skiboats not RV's on Steroids

Jim@BAWS

rodltg2
10-24-2007, 01:50 PM
the first year of it i thought was kind of ugly. obviously would look better as a response , but those dont sell. vdrives do.

Diesel
10-24-2007, 01:53 PM

LOLer! :purplaugh After seeing the 40th that won't take much.

jraben8
10-24-2007, 01:55 PM
:noface: Sorry, I never liked boats with tail lights...:noface:

captain planet
10-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Why? That way when you turn left or right you don't have to use your arms and hands! 8p

chaseandrews
10-24-2007, 02:50 PM
i wonder what the 60-0 time is with the brakes on that new BU. I know it must be fast. good thing those lights are there to warn people that you are stopping

Jerseydave
10-24-2007, 04:42 PM

I was just about to say the same thing.

The first Corvette Malibu (I thought that was the only one!) had a leather interior. Real practical! 8p

I'd say any limited edition MC is worth much, much more than any limited edition malibu. (for example, Budweiser pro tour boats, 1990 limited edition prostar, 1991 platinum edition prostar, All the Sammy Duvall boats, etc.)

east tx skier
10-24-2007, 05:26 PM
...1991 platinum edition prostar....

I think the Platinum Pro Star was 1988.

TMCNo1
10-24-2007, 06:36 PM
I think the Platinum Pro Star was 1988.

Correct Doug.

mitch
11-01-2007, 01:25 PM
For you to say that is extremely unique

The first year Malibu did this they had VERY limited sucess with it. That was probably there best year with it. That was a unique year. Malibu had to go back to dealers and give back side monies of over
$7500 per boat just to help dealers sell them. Customers who purchased the first year and stored them made out OK. But the other owners really took a bath on them as far as reasale. I do not think IMO that GM sought out Malibu. A little twist on words here ( Another Urband legend ) I think that BU has sought out GM.

The Calaway 383 SuperNatural motor is one hell of a motor. I had an opportunity to drive one a few times FAST FAST. That is one of the reasons for the PLATE on the back of the boat. The thing is....is this a SPEED BOAT or a SKIBOAT. Last time I checked BU was building wakeboard and skiboats not RV's on Steroids

Jim@BAWS

That 97 was by far my fav non-MC IB comp. My buddy had 2 (a red and green) and was looking to sell the green one. He was going to give me a very good deal and I wanted it badly, Wife said no:mad: She was right 2 IB's would have been a little awkward...He still has the red one, and the green one is still on our lake:love:

mitch
11-01-2007, 01:26 PM

looks awesome at night

jraben8
11-01-2007, 01:48 PM
That might freak out someone at night with the nav light...

mitch
11-01-2007, 02:34 PM
distinctivley Vette at night, but I see your point

Sodar
11-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Does anyone have a pic of this new 'bu?

Chas
11-01-2007, 02:52 PM
I don't know why it took me so long to find that - thank Google I finally did.
Here's a suggested address - http://www2.worldpub.net/images/WS/125-Malibu_Corvette-2.jpg.jpg

Ryan
11-01-2007, 02:56 PM
I wonder what that boat would look like with a T-Top. Maybe something along the lines of this Glastron?

Ryan
11-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Another
view

Ryan
11-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Another
View

dmayer84
11-01-2007, 03:02 PM
I saw one of the last corvette boats on lake hopatcong one day, I started lauging my *** off when I saw it. so ugly.

Ryan
11-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Hey Chas, that pic of yours might get removed...

I do wonder what that Bu would look like if it had more hood/bow to it. If they're already cutting down the seating why not bring the top deck closer in profile to a Vette?

How about another view?

Chas
11-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Took down the pic, put a link. Thanks.

As to the Glastron - I had a Glastron, or was it a Glaspar... Which had a windshield from a '57 T Bird. It had a small cabin, but the PO had cut that off to make it an open boat. But I liked the look of it. It was made in around 1960, I upgraded to a 90 horse black Merc outboard, which was too much for a 16' boat which was now much lighter without the top. I used it for diving in the Santa Barbara channel and out at the islands. Worked just great, except the bottom was so round (soft chine) that it would roll around like a drunk at anchor.

I would never go out on the ocean in a boat that small now - what was I thinking?http://www.gages-56.com/Glasspar59/glaspar02.jpg

Ryan
11-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Took down the pic, put a link.

Smart man. :D

Chas
11-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Smart man. :D
It was bound to happen eventually.

MYMC
11-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Gotta give credit...it generates buzz...and you all are talking about it.;)

east tx skier
11-01-2007, 04:02 PM
I'll hold out for the Ferrari boat.

http://www.trendhunter.com/images/phpthumbnails/4189_1_468.jpeg

Jim@BAWS
11-01-2007, 04:13 PM

Doug,

Only in this thread would this cause me to fall out of my seat laughing.

Guess I better not laugh to hard. I heard that TIGE and CENTURION
are making CAR BOATS Also...or maybe it is TRUCK BOATS. At least this is how I heard they handle. Like a TRUCK or a TANK

Oh well

Thanks for the laugh

Jim@BAWS

mitch
11-01-2007, 04:28 PM
I saw one of the last corvette boats on lake hopatcong one day, I started lauging my *** off when I saw it. so ugly.

Come on.. 'so ugly' cut it out... I know it's not a MC, but it's hard to believe that boat made you 'laugh your a$$ off.' Yeah it's 10 y/o but compare it to other CB DD IB's of that era :rolleyes:

BTW, my buddy has had zero issues (and his interior is still mint) with his (bought new), and it turns heads everywhere on our lake *and* does 65....which aint too shabby:D

That said the new one looks a little off, or a bad rendering

Lennyp04
11-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Can someone throw the link up here im having trouble finding it

dmayer84
11-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Come on.. 'so ugly' cut it out... I know it's not a MC, but it's hard to believe that boat made you 'laugh your a$$ off.' Yeah it's 10 y/o but compare it to other CB DD IB's of that era :rolleyes:

BTW, my buddy has had zero issues (and his interior is still mint) with his (bought new), and it turns heads everywhere on our lake *and* does 65....which aint too shabby:D

I'm sorry but tail lights just dont belong on a boat:twocents:

Sodar
11-01-2007, 04:58 PM
I don't know why it took me so long to find that - thank Google I finally did.
Here's a suggested address - http://www2.worldpub.net/images/WS/125-Malibu_Corvette-2.jpg.jpg

And here: http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1392

JohnE
11-01-2007, 06:17 PM

It caught my eye when I saw it this summer. It's sharp, for a non MC.;) I prefer the red to the green though.8p

TRBenj
11-01-2007, 07:07 PM

While they may not be laughingstock ugly, personally I think they look pretty darn cheesy.:twocents:

Your buddy has had better luck than most- the 383 Callaway motors were not put together well. They flew, but were notoriously problematic. The one on our lake "blew" the motor twice. I dont know the details, but thats what I was told- and it certainly spent more time in the repair shop than on the lake during the first few years they owned it. From what Ive read, thats not uncommon.

65 wouldnt be too shabby, but even the Malibu guys dont claim it to be that fast. Judging by the one I see on a regular basis and what Ive read on the 'net, I think mid-upper 50's is more like it. Still damn fast for a 19' direct drive ski boat though.

east tx skier
11-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Doug,

Only in this thread would this cause me to fall out of my seat laughing.

Guess I better not laugh to hard. I heard that TIGE and CENTURION
are making CAR BOATS Also...or maybe it is TRUCK BOATS. At least this is how I heard they handle. Like a TRUCK or a TANK

Oh well

Thanks for the laugh

Jim@BAWS

My pleasure. That guy carved that F-50 himself. He tools around the canals in Venice in it.

mitch
11-01-2007, 08:13 PM
While they may not be laughingstock ugly, personally I think they look pretty darn cheesy.:twocents:

Your buddy has had better luck than most- the 383 Callaway motors were not put together well. They flew, but were notoriously problematic. The one on our lake "blew" the motor twice. I dont know the details, but thats what I was told- and it certainly spent more time in the repair shop than on the lake during the first few years they owned it. From what Ive read, thats not uncommon.

65 wouldnt be too shabby, but even the Malibu guys dont claim it to be that fast. Judging by the one I see on a regular basis and what Ive read on the 'net, I think mid-upper 50's is more like it. Still damn fast for a 19' direct drive ski boat though.

Maybe the speedo was broken on the two I drove. That's all I had to go by, but damn it felt fast, certainly quicker that mid upper 50's, but whatever. Skied it last year, and eh, not very good. Motor was prolly a lil heavy. BTW, I'm done defending a Bu on a MC site, what the He)) was I thinking anyway. :D

Back to your regularly scheduled 'MC heavy' programming:toast:

mitch
11-01-2007, 08:18 PM
It caught my eye when I saw it this summer. It's sharp, for a non MC.;) I prefer the red to the green though.8p

I like the red too, but he'd never part w/ that one. Once he sold the green one, the guy took crap care of it. Bascially gave to his teenage son. Rode it up on the rocks, what a shame. Ya should have seen it when it was pimped regular like:cool: Having a green MC...... I just love green....Later John...

mitch
11-01-2007, 08:19 PM

That's wild Doug, good find....

defender1009
11-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Good Lawd, I know you guys pour up the Kool-Aid over here (and I've certainly been drinking), but to say the original corvette Bu was ugly??? C'mon........

mitch
11-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Good Lawd, I know you guys pour up the Kool-Aid over here (and I've certainly been drinking), but to say the original corvette Bu was ugly??? C'mon........

Thank you!!:D

Jim@BAWS
11-01-2007, 09:40 PM

"IT WAS UGLY" now it has been said

Chas
11-02-2007, 11:44 AM
I liked it a lot.

ttu
11-02-2007, 11:54 AM
just went and pulled up one on boattrader. nice looking boat, lights on back are dumb.:rolleyes:

duckguy
11-02-2007, 12:04 PM
1. IT WAS SUPER UGLY!
2. IT WILL BE UGLY!
3. I WOULD FEEL LIKE A TOTAL TOOL DRIVING AROUND IN MY VETTE BOAT

but I am not into Harley Ford pickups or any of that crap.

mitch
11-02-2007, 01:20 PM
1. IT WAS SUPER UGLY!
2. IT WILL BE UGLY!

but I am not into Harley Ford pickups or any of that crap.

Your caps key is stuck on or you could be a tool:D :D

duckguy
11-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Well actually it was just to emphasize, sort of like- MITCHES WIFE LIKES TO RIDE MY TOOL!

sethro
11-02-2007, 01:35 PM
I keep seeing reference to tail lights...they are just vent outlets modeled after the tail lights and not actually lights. I would rather it say Malibu on the side with perhaps some subtle Corvette badging instead.

Chas
11-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Yes, I remember an article when they did the first one - was that 2000? They said that the "taillights" were going to be vents. But I have seen a few on Boat Trader and other places, and they seem to have simply blocked those off, or never cut them out at all.

mitch
11-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Well actually it was just to emphasize, sort of like- MITCHES WIFE LIKES TO RIDE MY TOOL!

Easy there big fella and I even used 2 smiley faces - Seems I clearly had it right when I referred to you as a tool- thanks for backing up my observation....

I'll also go out on a limb and guess you'll look like a tool no matter what you drive:wavey:

BTW the 'e' in Mitch is silent err does not exist-

mitch
11-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Yes, I remember an article when they did the first one - was that 2000? They said that the "taillights" were going to be vents. But I have seen a few on Boat Trader and other places, and they seem to have simply blocked those off, or never cut them out at all.

I think it was 97. My buddy cut them out on both of his and put vette lights in.

Lennyp04
11-02-2007, 10:53 PM
And here: http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1392

Thank you Sodar!

JohnE
11-03-2007, 08:31 AM

C'mon, that's not right. Not for this forum.

Hoosier Bob
11-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Sorry folks but no tail lights, corvette wheels have little impact on the water and more impact on your wallet and it still looks like a boat and is a Bu? Mitch's wife has nothing to do with this and regardless it is a Bu? Take any year and compare. If you want to sell a turd, call it a Corvette or better yet a ferrari! Fastest turd in town! Sorry clown, it is still a turd?:confused:

PS John E, I agree but can I still say Turd?

swatguy
11-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by east tx skier

It's been out since 04 made by Centurion......The ENZO

JohnE
11-04-2007, 06:24 AM
PS John E, I agree but can I still say Turd?

Sure can HB!:D

Lennyp04
11-04-2007, 07:59 AM
Where are the pictures of these taillights on that link?