PDA

View Full Version : 2007 X2 tower

koenvrints
10-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Can someone give a picture of a 2007 tower that folds down. I don't get him down

sand2snow22
10-23-2007, 04:11 PM
That's what she said!! :D

Roonie's
10-23-2007, 05:00 PM
I will after Thursday when I get my boat back. Currently at dealers fixing the tower shake (been over a month) and winterizing.

It is easy. Undo clamps on upper part. Unscrew two of the knobs out of four (the two closest to the bow of the boat) at the base of the tower. Loosen the other two (the two closest to the rear of the boat). Undo wiring harnesses on both sides near clamps. Now the tower will fold back onto engine cover. Then unscrew the two knobs holding the uprights up and they will fold into the bow.

edit; Found a pic of my boat in my garage with tower folded down........

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2/Roonies_2006/garage1.jpg

PeterGentle
03-29-2014, 08:16 AM
Hi roonie.

About The two knobs that needed to unscrew at the base of the tower. Need to come out only the knob or the screw also ? ( sorry about the question but the boat in case is na MC X2 07 that works in salt water and is not the SS so some screws are stuck and thats a pain 😔)

Any one can Help me ? I will try to post some pictures later.

snork
03-29-2014, 10:08 AM
the screw/knob that is to be removed is the forward of the two knobs, the back knob will remain in place and the tower leg will pivot on it as you move the tower to the back

scott023
03-29-2014, 10:13 AM
Hi roonie.

About The two knobs that needed to unscrew at the base of the tower. Need to come out only the knob or the screw also ? ( sorry about the question but the boat in case is na MC X2 07 that works in salt water and is not the SS so some screws are stuck and thats a pain 😔)

Any one can Help me ? I will try to post some pictures later.

Yes, the screw should come out with the knob.

PeterGentle
03-29-2014, 03:12 PM
Thank you so much to both ( snork and scott023).

Because of the salt i guess the screw is stucked, only the knob came out. I think this will be a pain in .... to solve. I understood how it works. Asap I will take some pictures and will post it.

Onde again thanks.

snork
03-29-2014, 05:10 PM
I've seen the base installed backwards, makes the tower fold forward, try to remove the other knob and see if it comes with the screw

PeterGentle
03-31-2014, 03:27 PM
Here they are. I think I will take the screw out. Thank you for your Help. Will post new pictures with the tower down :).

PeterGentle
03-31-2014, 03:29 PM
Other

PeterGentle
03-31-2014, 03:32 PM
And other

Hammer
03-31-2014, 03:34 PM
Mine were stuck when I got my boat. One side was stuck. Tower had never been down, or at least in a very long time. Took a large pipe wrench to budge any of the knobs. I'm assuming that the front one the bolt comes out the rearward one the knob comes off the threads. At least that is the way mine seems. The whole dissimilar metals thing is at work here also. I will be using a touch of anti seize on them when they go back in.

PeterGentle
04-05-2014, 07:12 AM
Mine were stuck when I got my boat. One side was stuck. Tower had never been down, or at least in a very long time. Took a large pipe wrench to budge any of the knobs. I'm assuming that the front one the bolt comes out the rearward one the knob comes off the threads. At least that is the way mine seems. The whole dissimilar metals thing is at work here also. I will be using a touch of anti seize on them when they go back in.

Hello do you know wich is the thread pitch ( dont know if this is the correct translation ) from the screws ??

Thanks.

PeterGentle
04-06-2014, 12:40 PM
Nobody ?