PDA

View Full Version : Star Gazer By PP

rodltg2
10-22-2007, 07:30 PM
http://www.awsasouth.org/news/StarGazerWebPDF.pdf

look like perfect pass is giving zero off a run for there money..look like it will be avialble for DBW and cable throttle...

JohnE
10-22-2007, 07:37 PM
I think that the TT boats are all coming with the StarGazer.

rodltg2
10-22-2007, 07:40 PM
not lovin the name, sound like something on the millenium falcon :D .
my pp digital pro works just fine! i think ill stick to that for awhile.

André
10-22-2007, 07:49 PM
It was only a matter of time before they come up with something.
Looks more complicated then ZO and still use rpm baselines.
The good side is that it is compatible with older PP systems and mechanical throttle.
Does PP have a pro skier working with them?

André
10-22-2007, 07:51 PM
not lovin the name, sound like something on the millenium falcon :D .
my pp digital pro works just fine! i think ill stick to that for awhile.
Totally agree with you!
The name is ...lame!

JohnE
10-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Agreed, the name is terrible.

east tx skier
10-22-2007, 09:29 PM
I could care less about the name. I'm stoked. Only $400 to upgrade an existing wired system! No more skier weight, PX, KX, etc. Set your baselines the first time and don't worry about them again.

Jim@BAWS
10-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Hey Andre

Is anyone up for a GROUP BUY HA HA HA

Jim@BAWS

It was only a matter of time before they come up with something.
Looks more complicated then ZO and still use rpm baselines.
The good side is that it is compatible with older PP systems and mechanical throttle.
Does PP have a pro skier working with them?

rodltg2
10-22-2007, 09:31 PM
do you actually mess with kx and px. no need . crew weight and skier weight is not a big deal to enter. i may upgrade , but not this first time around i'll give a year or two.

André
10-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Hey Andre

Jim@BAWS
LOL!!!
Good one Jim!
But i'll stick with my PP .
I had such a great deal on my unit!!!
Never read or heard anyone paying less then what i did that time!
Thanks again!:)

bigmac
10-22-2007, 10:34 PM
I could care less about the name. I'm stoked. Only $400 to upgrade an existing wired system! No more skier weight, PX, KX, etc. Set your baselines the first time and don't worry about them again.

Of course, you'd need a boat too...

6ballsisall
10-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Of course, you'd need a boat too...

No worries, Easty's not boatless. ;)

BrianM
10-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Only $400 to upgrade an existing wired system!
For those of us without the latest multi-line display it is going to be a couple of hundred more than that because the display is not included in the upgrade price. Is it worth $600 to me. Hmmmmmm....................................

Hey Andre

Jim@BAWS
I'm in! :rolleyes:

KnoxX2
10-22-2007, 11:05 PM
Wonder if this will fix my surging problem?:rolleyes:

east tx skier
10-22-2007, 11:43 PM
do you actually mess with kx and px. no need . crew weight and skier weight is not a big deal to enter. i may upgrade , but not this first time around i'll give a year or two.

I noticed it didn't exclude crew weight from the things that will no longer be necessary to input. I'm wondering if that's still a variable since it might be a few to many rpms to adjust for at the gates. Just a curiosity.

jpattigr
10-22-2007, 11:57 PM
It does add etc, to the list of drops so maybe no crew weight.

I will upgrade my system for sure!! I think it will give more consistent times. :D

VTJC
10-23-2007, 12:06 AM
I am predominantly a slalom skier, but I am curious if this will help for wakeboarding and surfing speeds?

Group buy with dual line display sounds good to me. Perfect Christmas present and timing!

Jamie

Farmer Ted
10-23-2007, 12:08 AM
it would be nice to see a price war between ZO & PP

east tx skier
10-23-2007, 12:53 AM
Total system is $1,350. Since PP apparently isn't using two receivers as its timing isn't based on waypoints, it should be able to undercut ZO on price. The biggest advantage is being able to work on wired throttles and TBW with presumably no ECM flash, rather just a MM swap and adding the antenna and chip.

gchapman-tt
12-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Total system is $1,350. Since PP apparently isn't using two receivers as its timing isn't based on waypoints, it should be able to undercut ZO on price. The biggest advantage is being able to work on wired throttles and TBW with presumably no ECM flash, rather just a MM swap and adding the antenna and chip.

Actually, it will time by either GPS or magnet, your choice by selecting either single magnet or multi-mag (if you feel the need to time by magnet). The brief time that I spent with the new PP system, it worked flawless and skied great.

Ric
12-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Think dr evil tipped us that this was happening

Ric
12-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Never read or heard anyone paying less then what i did that time!
Thanks again!:) I know what you mean, I got that same kinda deal on my 197

Ric
12-18-2007, 02:25 PM
I am predominantly a slalom skier, but I am curious if this will help for wakeboarding and surfing speeds?

Group buy with dual line display sounds good to me. Perfect Christmas present and timing!

Jamie I have been hearing alot about this group buy thing. How does it work?