PDA

View Full Version : I pod hook up on 07 mastercraft

GreenSpirit Hydro
10-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Just got an 07 Mastercraft, went to Best Buy and bought a male to male chord to plug into the ipod adapter below the throttle. However, the male piece wasn't long enough to fit in properly. I cut it up and it still didn't fit. Does anyone know exactly how long its need to be or what brand will work?

Prostar19
10-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Mine is about 6' I got it at Best Buy. I think it is a Monster Cable. Radio Shack will have something too.

G-man
10-22-2007, 03:14 PM
If it is an i-phone, it is different and needs an iphone adapter on the phone end

GreenSpirit Hydro
10-22-2007, 03:25 PM
I am referring to the length of the brass male adapter that goes into the boats ipod auxiliary connector. My chord is 6' as well, but the brass fitting is not long enough to go into the adapter. Figured it would be universal, but maybe my input jack was just manufactured wrong on the boat?

Roonie's
10-22-2007, 03:26 PM
I bought a regular Ipod hookup male/male cord at Target and it works just fine. I don't think length should be an issue? If a regular Ipod cord doesn't work then something is not right with your Ipod hookup below the throttle.

GreenSpirit Hydro
10-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Thats kind of what I was thinking!

duckguy
10-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Green the one you have will work I would guess that when you pushed it in a bit of the female end got pushed into the housing or whatever-It happened to me on mr 06 I had to stick the tip in and apply pressure to one side and pull the whole deal back out-The female hole part should be flush

JBaker
10-22-2007, 04:22 PM
I had to stick the tip in and apply pressure to one side and pull the whole deal back out

Too easy...;)

Chas
10-22-2007, 10:34 PM
No - for some reason Apple chose to recess the headphone jack deep into the body of the iPod (and my iPhone as well) so that you have to buy a cord with a real narrow end on it. And guess who sells those cords? Why, Apple does, of course.

My son bought a little cord - only about 2" long - which has the narrow connection for the iPhone. Works with iPods as well - and it is not just wired - it has a heavy layer of insulation which acts as a shock absorber. It is flexible enough to take the bending and tugging and hopefully not transfer it to the player/phone.

My son got ours at the Apple store when he picked up our phones, but I think it says "Belkin" on it, so you might be able to find it elsewhere.

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/tn546lla_alt.jpg
Item number is F8Z177-BLK

It gets all bad reviews on the Apple Store, but I have never had a bit of trouble with it. I use it for my headphone amp when I play into real cans, and for one cassette adapter on the boat without an iPod compatible stereo.

YMMV.

GreenSpirit Hydro
10-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Thanks Chas...I think that is just what I need!

G-man
10-23-2007, 12:08 PM
thats what I was talking about

tr6coug
10-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks Chas...I think that is just what I need!

The Ipod jack is supposed to be flush with the front of the connector housing. On my 07 X2, the brass jack somehow got pushed in so far that a standard plug would not fit. I had the dealer fix it under warranty. They replaced the connector housing. A standard cable fits fine now.

bobx1
10-23-2007, 06:29 PM
plain old radio shack cable worked perfect out of the box for my 07 X1