PDA

View Full Version : Southern Wisconsin Water Conditions?

No Skeez
10-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Just wondering who in Southern Wisconsin is still skiing? We attempted to launch on Pine Lake yesterday afternoon, but with the wind blowing the way it was, knew there would only be one good shoreline. After seeing WTRSK1R's truck in the parking lot, we figured he'd already be skiing the line, and decided to try Moose Lake. Water was not nearly as cold as I expected, but pretty blown out nonetheless. I took a quick barefoot run in my heater shirt and barefoot suit and was fine. What are the lake temps where you are skiing?

WTRSK1R - Did you guys get some decent water on Pine? I imagine the far south / southwest shoreline was decent, although it can get shallow in spots... There was another tandem axle MC trailer in the parking lot, probably a 210 / 230. Were they skiing or cruising?

After yesterday's run, it has been a 6 month season in Wisconsin for me, so I'm pretty happy with that... We'll see though, I'm not quite ready to hang it up for the year quite yet!

justinlkgb
10-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Just wondering who in Southern Wisconsin is still skiing? We attempted to launch on Pine Lake yesterday afternoon, but with the wind blowing the way it was, knew there would only be one good shoreline. After seeing WTRSK1R's truck in the parking lot, we figured he'd already be skiing the line, and decided to try Moose Lake. Water was not nearly as cold as I expected, but pretty blown out nonetheless. I took a quick barefoot run in my heater shirt and barefoot suit and was fine. What are the lake temps where you are skiing?

WTRSK1R - Did you guys get some decent water on Pine? I imagine the far south / southwest shoreline was decent, although it can get shallow in spots... There was another tandem axle MC trailer in the parking lot, probably a 210 / 230. Were they skiing or cruising?

After yesterday's run, it has been a 6 month season in Wisconsin for me, so I'm pretty happy with that... We'll see though, I'm not quite ready to hang it up for the year quite yet!

Not skiing anymore this year, but the H2O here in southern MN is 52-54 as of Sunday. BRRRRR:mad:

JoshBuzz
10-22-2007, 06:10 PM
second front just came through College Station and we've got lows in the 50's, but this weekend when we're going out to the lake, it's supposed to be in the 70's, perfect weather for the boat!

:D

justinlkgb
10-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Lucky you:rolleyes:
while you are enjoying another fine day on the water....I will be in it, removing lifts and docs. I think the high is to be 58, which is "warm".:mad:

Hollywood
10-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Water temps are just below 60 and still skiing, provided <10 mph winds. Gotta get out on that river with Erk.

BX3
10-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Skied this past Sunday! Here in Orillia, Ontario Canada. Water temp in the fifties. Air temp was great. Windy day though.

mcdoon
11-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Got one run in before dark on Green Lake here in Grand Rapids, MI area. I think we got some dark looks from the one bass boat on the lake, but I just got my first MC in late Sept and I'm not going down early!

Plymouth Family Guy
11-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Went skiing here in Minneapolis this past Tuesday right before dark. Air temperature was in high 60's. The water was pretty cold. It felt like dipping your toes in a cold glass of water.:eek: We skiied in the bay near a highway so all of the commuters stuck in traffic could see how much fun we were having.

PaulW
11-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Cold here in Northern IL, boat is tucked away for the ice and snow

MC2000190
11-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Back to good old sconnie! Northern Sconnie h20 temps dipping to the high 40's, so I hung the gear up for the season! Not to happy about it!

WTRSK1R
11-01-2007, 07:41 PM

Sorry I did not respond sooner, somehow missed the thread. Water was so so. The other MC was a Wakeboarder, and was not holding a line so what little bit of smooth was there, did not last long. Water was 62 degrees. I was on Pine again last Sunday and the water had dropped to about 57. But we had MUCH nicer water, and I skied with just my Barefoot suit on. Got one nice footin run in and then took a slalom run. Hopin to get out again this Sunday just for the braggin rights of skiing in November.

Steve

WTRSK1R
11-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Pine lake was 56 yesterday. Still not too bad, and the there was quite a bit of smooth mid afternoon. Filled the wetsuit up with the hot shower before jumping in and did not even get cold.

Air was 51 mid afternoon when we went.

drbesvold1
11-05-2007, 11:18 AM
northern wisconsin lakes had a thin layer of morning ice on it but it melted by noon but to cold to ski

No Skeez
11-09-2007, 11:28 AM
We went out yesterday for a few quick sets, as there was little to no wind here in Madison. Air temp was 48, so was the water... Wish we would have had a cooler full of hot water, but the heater was a welcome addition either way! If we go out any more, it'll be in the 190 with heated seats! Anyone else been out anymore? The fishermen we saw at the boat launch looked at us like we were crazy! Gotta love it!

duckguy
11-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the invite No Skeez, its not like I have a boat right now.-haha

jbfootin
11-09-2007, 12:34 PM
northern wisconsin lakes had a thin layer of morning ice on it but it melted by noon but to cold to ski
No such thing as too cold to ski...is there?:D

No Skeez
11-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the invite No Skeez, its not like I have a boat right now.-haha

Yeah I know, they're both taking up our much needed parking lot space!

Just the boss and I went out and did a little "product testing" in the early afternoon... We found a great prop solution for the 214!

Laurel_Lake_Skier
11-09-2007, 04:17 PM
No such thing as too cold to ski...is there?:D

The ice makes it a little uncomfortable for barefooting.

WTRSK1R
11-12-2007, 07:54 PM
63 degrees air temp here today and I could not find a 2nd or 3rd to go out.:(

Got some work done around the house, but would have much preferred to take advantage of the warm fall day. Especially since I had the day off.

Not sure what the water temp is, but no ice here yet.

Prostar in Michigain
11-12-2007, 10:38 PM
hey PaulW where u at in illinois

ps209jvl
11-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Rock River in Janesville is beginning to freeze. I'd guess skiing is over for a few months.

No Skeez
11-28-2007, 10:48 PM
I was out on the lake today believe it or not! Had a used Moomba out to do a lake test on it. As I was pulling back up to the trailer, which I had to leave in since the docks were already pulled, I saw small chunks of ice floating! Air temp was 39, water temp was reading 43...

PaulW
11-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Hey Prostar in Michigain, Did not see your post until today.
I am NorthWest of Chicago. I ski and board on the Fox River. Were are you at in Michigain?

Hey WTRSK1R, Were you at in WI? I have a cabinet shop in Bristol WI down by Kenosha. If you were close I might of come for a 2nd?

WTRSK1R
11-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Paul,
I will keep that in mind for next year. I gave up last weekend and winterized the boat. :( Long term forecast shows nothing above 30's for quite some time. Actually, I edged and hot waxed my snow skis last weekend too. I usually ski on Pine Lake near Hartland or on Nagawicka Lake in Delafield.

Hope to start in late March or early April depending on the ice.

Steve

wakesport
12-03-2007, 07:57 PM
With the snow this weekend we have called it a season here as well. We did get out on November 12for a quick set. Last year we skied on Nov 30. Now we need to wait till we head south at the end of the month.