PDA

View Full Version : Titan tower on my new 210 VRS?

rampsurf
10-21-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm a new MC owner(well, next weekend I will be) and new to these forums as well. I'll be picking up a '99 Maristar 210 VRS next weekend and will have to put on a tower, Perfect Pass, and ballast. I've read many old threads on towers but have yet to see a picture of a Titan on any Mastercraft. Has anyone done this? I love those towers but wonder if they would look awkward on my boat. If it does I will probably go with the Xtreme MC tower or ND tower.

Farmer Ted
10-21-2007, 06:47 PM
If you can afford it, I'd get a New Dimension.

Wayne Hartford and his crew are top notch and you will get a tower made by the man who developed the Zero Flex Flyer

I think they have a 15% off sale going on right now too.

newdimensiontowers.com

you will not regret it

murphfsu
10-21-2007, 07:22 PM
I would go with a titan. I have one on my 93 prostar and it looks great. You can check it out on Wakeside.com.

Lennyp04
10-21-2007, 08:07 PM
New demensions look sick because they are the old style MC tower. I would go with that

jsc0324
10-21-2007, 08:10 PM
I put a New Dimension on mine and it is first rate. You will want to consider glassing in backing plates though. It was a pain, but I did it myself on mine. Good Luck. BTW your boat is sweet. Congratulations.

rampsurf
10-21-2007, 08:47 PM
I would go with a titan. I have one on my 93 prostar and it looks great. You can check it out on Wakeside.com.
I looked around on Wakeside, how do I find it? Which prostar?

rampsurf
10-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the fast replies. I like ND's, but they are almost as expensive as the OEM tower on Wakeside-- 2200 for the ND and 2250 for the OEM Mastercraft. The 15% sale at New Dimension seems to be for accessories.

Farmer Ted
10-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the fast replies. I like ND's, but they are almost as expensive as the OEM tower on Wakeside-- 2200 for the ND and 2250 for the OEM Mastercraft. The 15% sale at New Dimension seems to be for accessories.

The front page says save 15% on wakeboard towers and accessories

I think they also run a sale around Christmas time

P-hat_in_Cincy
10-21-2007, 09:34 PM
I think the guys are quoting directly from New Dimensions website and not wakeside.

Here is the website which lists the 15% off towers and accessories...

http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/home.html

rampsurf
10-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Oh, right....I'm a little slow. Nice deal.

AirJunky
10-22-2007, 02:25 AM
The ND towers definitely look nice. And you'll see & hear owners tell you they are rock solid. But every one of them I've seen has quite a bit of flex side to side that you will notice if you have speakers & boards mounted on it & have a rider who cuts out to do tricks in the flats.
Being a foil rider we do a LOT of tricks out to the side. Plus having 60 or 70 lbs of foils up there, a flexible tower will be a huge headache & a major safety hazard.

All that said the strongest tower on the market has to be the Titan. I've had the Ichor & now have the Titan II, and it's still as stable as can be, even running the boat thru the chop while stacked with gear.

rampsurf
10-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Bill, how was the install on the titan? Do you have any pictures?

swatguy
10-23-2007, 01:16 PM
I agree 100% with Air junky. The ND's flex a ton side to side. Not sure why, but we think it has to do with the extra joints in the ND tower. There are 4 where you put allen bots in there to attach the feet. Not sure why they don't just weld it staright through, but hey I am not making the tower nor did I design them. @ of my buddy'd role them on their boats and the flex is def noticeable. I personally think Titan's are rock solid. As to the look on an MC well ND's are pretty much factory but I have seen a Titan on several 205's and it looks fine. Just different because it's just that...... Against the norm
I know alot of people like the ND towers for the MC's but I can say I am not a huge fan of the towers. The look very slick, and are the best fit with style for the Mc's but to me there are a couple of towers I would choose before them. Titan being the first

ShamrockIV
10-25-2007, 03:25 PM
What about the flex on a ND if u are slalom skiing?

ShamrockIV
10-29-2007, 11:50 AM
The TITAN tower sure does look solid!! anyone have a pic of how they fold?

3event
10-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Slaloming from a tower would put a lot more load on it than intended. The leverage applied in slalom is unequalled in boat towed sports and there is no advantage to a high pull point.

Save your tower, man!:)

ShamrockIV
10-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks 3 event!!!! great to know!!!!!
i have more questions but i will start my own thread. do not want to jack this one!!! thanks