BrianM
03-12-2005, 12:24 AM
Another One

BrianM
03-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Last One.....................

Hoosier Bob
03-12-2005, 12:30 AM
So did the fish get away or does it really "stink" to bite it at one? How big was it? 80+ maybe? :woohoo: Last One.....................

Professor
03-12-2005, 08:13 AM
I agree...would like to hear the rest of the story :popcorn:

6ballsisall
03-12-2005, 09:26 AM
MMM!!! Fried Catfish!! That ones big enough to serve everyone on the board I think! :purplaugh

BrianM
03-12-2005, 10:17 AM
The follow is the only additional information I have. This was not on my lake. I recieved the photos and the following short description from another of my club members. Whish I knew where it was or more info.

A native in the area saw a ball bouncing around kind of strange in a
nearby lake and went to investigate. It turned out to be a flathead catfish
who had obviously tried to swallow a slalom course ball which became stuck
in its mouth!!

The fish was totally exhausted from trying to dive, but unable to because
the ball would always bring him back up to the surface. The native tried
numerous times to get the ball out, but was unsuccessful. He finally had
to cut the ball in order to deflate it and release the hungry catfish

You wouldn't believe it if you didn't see the attached photos...

LakeLottawatta
03-12-2005, 02:36 PM
The exact same thing happened at my lake about 6 years ago. I saw a slalom ball bouncing around so I went out on the pontoon boat and when I got close, sure enough the catfish had it stuck in his mouth. I will post the pictures next week from work. The monster was 40 pounds. I had to call a friend to bring out his big net and it took both of us to get him up on the boat. When we have tournaments, my Dad likes to get the pictures out and tell everyone that we threw him back in. He kindly reminds the ladies that the circumfrence of the slalom ball is about the same size as their head.

east tx skier
03-13-2005, 11:43 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this happened to us one of these days. Tons of catfish in our lake. It's all wasted on me though. I won't eat those nasty things anymore. Everybody else in my family loves 'em, but I just can't pretend anymore.

Hoosier Bob
03-13-2005, 11:50 PM
I love Catfish. Ever wonder why when you eat like, 20 of them you smell like one for a couple of days? :eek: