PDA

View Full Version : Newer Trailer Wheels wanted...

lakes Rick
08-06-2004, 01:02 PM
My 94 has the good ole chrome wheels with the holes in them.. I really like the Mag wheels used on the newer trailers.. Anyone got a set for sale??? I am not even going to check with the dealer for new ones.. I am sure it is a porking deal..... Thanks

captkidd
08-06-2004, 01:09 PM
Be careful Rick; some of the newer trailers use 15" wheels and some use 6-lug wheels. However, if you find some how about letting the rest of us know where you get them.

MarkP
08-06-2004, 01:09 PM
Rick

Sorry wish I could help. Let me know when you want to get rid of the old ones though.. I should have cut them out of the shot on the boat picture thread so as not to show them off

jake
08-06-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has a good recommendation for aftermarket aluminum wheels for the 5 bolt trailers? Don't really care if they are mastercraft, just want some cool looking wheels on my trailer.

east tx skier
08-06-2004, 02:45 PM
I'll second that request. Might make a good winter swap. Now that I've got the 2" lift, I could use some 15" rims for a 5 lug setup.

NSXBill
08-06-2004, 02:47 PM
I bet if we look hard enough, we can find some aftermarket wheels that look like the newer MC OEM's sans logo.

Stritt
08-06-2004, 03:08 PM
American Racing Rims with GoodYear Eagle GT II's. Trailer has 6-7k miles no tire or rim problems. MasterCraft std equip on anniversary trailer. Pic may be blury due to resize.

lakes Rick
08-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Be careful Rick; some of the newer trailers use 15" wheels and some use 6-lug wheels. However, if you find some how about letting the rest of us know where you get them.

Thanx for the info Captkidd.... I was aware of possible 15" ( which I would do if I buy new wheels) but mine are 5 lug.....

BriEOD
08-06-2004, 09:57 PM
Rick,

Let me know if you want to get rid of your old ones. I might be interested. I have the old black wagon wheels; functional but not pretty.

jake
08-07-2004, 11:32 AM
35th: thanks for the pic. Is there by chance a model number or something on the rims so I could track down similar ones? Those look great!

André
08-07-2004, 12:50 PM
35 th
Are Good Year's Eagle GT "real" trailer tires or regular tires?

Leec
08-07-2004, 01:35 PM
There are many after market aluminum wheels on Discount Tire and Tire Rack for under $60 a wheel and American Racing Wheels. I want to know if anyone has switched there 14" for 15" on a tandem trailer and if the wheels will clear the fenders?

:smile:

axmir
08-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Jake: It appears as if the American Racing wheels on the 35th are model Stics 5 Chrome (Series 625), they also come in Stics 6 Chrome (Series 626) if you have a six-lug pattern. Can anyone confirm this? If so what Part No.? And what Bolt Circle measurement? See americanracing.com under SUV wheels. Hope this helps.
axmir

Stritt
08-08-2004, 08:57 PM
My guess is they are "regular tires". I don't see any numbers on the rim for model numbers.....sorry. The tires are definately a lower profile than my previous 209 tandem trailer.

east tx skier
08-09-2004, 11:25 AM
Lee, my wife and I were talking about new rims yesterday. With the lift kit installed, I'm not as worried about clearance anymore, but I didn't have much room before the lift. Is there any other spec on correct rims other than 15" and 5 bolts (in my case)?

captkidd
08-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Doug, your wife continues to amaze me ("my wife and I were talking about new rims yesterday"). This would be a typical conversation between my wife and me concerning new rims for the boat trailer:

Me: "Honey, I think we need some new rims on the boat trailer to make it look a lot better."

Her: "No we don't."

Me: "O.K." :(

She's pretty supportive of some things I want to do, but unless the old rims fall apart it's not too likely that I will be able to get new ones for awhile (especially since I've bought so much stuff off ebay lately).

I looked at the links to suppliers on MC's website and they list Jet Star Wheel & Tire Co. as the source for tires and wheels on MC trailers. I did a quick search on this name but didn't find much to help us.

east tx skier
08-09-2004, 12:51 PM
She amazes me, too. I think she sees the 15" rims as giving us just that much more clearance in getting out of the driveway. But to be truthful, the rims are somewhere behind a heater on our list (her list). Still glad she's down with the rims. I personally wouldn't care if they looked just like the ones that were on there now, only bigger.

NSXBill
08-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Capt,

Have you seen that commercial where the guy and his wife are looking at the "crime scene" where his old grill was "stolen?" Get the idea?

Just let the air out and claim you have bad wheels!

bradamerry
08-09-2004, 03:41 PM
BriEOD, I had the black rims on my 87'. But when I had the trailer repainted it look like $hit, so I made a trade with the dealer that repainted the trailer. I gave them the 3 old black rims and $150.00 for 3 used, but alot better looking rims. Here's a shot! This is an old shot, I just cleaned them this weekend, so they really shine now.

bcampbe7
08-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Nice wheels Brad... I have the same ones.

bradamerry
08-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Thanks, I really got a great deal on them. If not for that I would have waited for winter to replace them. They were not on the top of the list! It took alot of rubbing to make them shine. We took them off of a bass boat trailer, that had been sitting for about 2 years!