PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Tri-star 190 Stereo upgrade

TRISTARX
10-18-2007, 03:45 PM
I am looking to upgrade my stereo in the tri-star. There is not much room like the prostars. I would like to have a powered sub and four cabin speakers. Doesanyone have any pics or descriptions of their stereo system in their tristars? I do not have a tower. Looking for recomendations on the sub, amp, and speakers mostly.

pkskier
10-18-2007, 04:26 PM
I assume you have speakers by the front seats, you should also have cutouts in the combing pads by the rear seat. The cutouts are upholstered over but the plywood is already cut for speakers or should be, mine is. A friend with an '89 installed his amp under the passenger side dash and has had no problems.

JohnE
10-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Is the observer's seat a swivel bucket? That's what I had. The kick panel on the observer's side of my boat was removable and the amp was mounted under this panel. It was bolted in by removing the side panel to the bow seat. There is probably room to mount a 10" sub to the kick panel as well. You might need to reinforce it a bit so that is doesn't sag from the weight of the sub. The only drawback to all this is that it is a PIA to remove said kickpanel.

If you have the bench seat for an observer, I don't know what it looks like under there.

Good luck.