PDA

View Full Version : My new boat!

GreenSpirit Hydro
10-18-2007, 01:43 PM
This is my 1st boat. I have never really been around boats, so I was nervous about buying at first, but sometimes I guess you got to roll the dice, never look back and never think twice! Gonna add (4) Wet Sounds Pro 80's to the tower as soon as I can get the loot.

KnoxX2
10-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Great looking boat.

BTW your bimini is on wrong. Short polls go up!

Rockman
10-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Not too shabby for a first boat!:D

Better hope that gas pump works!

Congrats! Looks Great! :headbang:

lanier92prostar
10-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Nice boat!

X2M
10-18-2007, 01:49 PM
You bought a beautiful boat. :) Congratulations! :)

GreenSpirit Hydro
10-18-2007, 01:52 PM
Knox - thanks for the heads up about the Bimini. Myself and none of my friends have been around boats and there have been quite a bit of R-tard moments. I had to instruct one friend not to pee off the bow of the boat while we were moving! Guys at my marina have had quit a few laughs at our expense over the past week!

RexDog1
10-18-2007, 01:54 PM
NICE BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

congrats:D :D

KnoxX2
10-18-2007, 01:55 PM
I had to instruct one friend not to pee off the bow of the boat while we were moving! Guys at my marina have had quit a few laughs at our expense over the past week!

Now that is funny. Good luck with training your friends :D

Where are you located?

rodltg2
10-18-2007, 01:55 PM
you don't mess around greenspirit, just jump right in to a top of the line boat. $$ .

AirJunky
10-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Wow, nice setup for a first timer. Have someone come out & help you practice docking that bad boy before you scar it up learning. We all did it, but most of us scared up an older, and less expensive boat first.

And tell your dealer you want the tower reinforcements too. They should be able to provide them for free & it'll make that tower a lot safer.

Welcome & good luck.

GreenSpirit Hydro
10-18-2007, 02:01 PM
I am in Charleston, SC. I am surrounded by thousands of center console outboards. I have seen one tower in my 9 yrs in this city. Lots of good spots to ride, but its all salt water.

TMCNo1
10-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Sweet looking boat!

Monte
10-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Nice ride Hydro...................

jss101
10-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Wow. Beautiful boat to get started with!! Enjoy it!
Hey, if I might, I would offer a few suggestions for the newbie...all learned the hard way!

(In no particular order)

When skiing or boarding, always be aware of where your line is! There's no excuse for running over your own line and getting it caught up around the prop. It's a pain to get it undone if you're drifting around out there, especially if it's windy!
When docking, unless you're in a protected area, always be aware of the wind. You'd be amazed at how much the wind can push you and have you slam into the dock more than you expected.
If you're going to trailer much, take an afternoon and go to a big parking lot and practice backing the boat into parking spaces. Your friends at the launching ramps with thank you! It's a little tricky to back the trailer down a ramp - it's really easy once you get it, but at first it's a lot harder than it looks!
Maybe this is really obvious, but, hey what the hell.. If a storm comes up and there's thunder and lightening, well... go back to the dock! Your tower makes you an attractive target for lightening if you're way out in the middle of the lake.
Have fun!!!!!! You're in for some great times. You'll also discover you've got a lot of new friends!!! :DP.S. I'm wildly jealous! I wanna new boat too!!

Mikey
10-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Wow! Thats one heck of a first boat. Congrats! That is the first time I have seen that color combo, and I have to say I think it looks great. Did you special order those colors?

GreenSpirit Hydro
10-18-2007, 03:05 PM
jss101- thanks for the tips.

Mikey - Didn't pick out the colors. It was a left over boat from 07, but I really dig it. I am quickly finding out a black boat in a saltwater environment is gonna mean lots of cleaning!

magnum
10-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Hydro, What engine did you get in your boat ? I am looking possibly looking at the X-Star maybe sometime next Spring and trying to decide what engine I need

duckguy
10-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Magnum my new xstar has the LY6 it is a great match up

magnum
10-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Ok, Our local dealer has let us test drive an X30 with the MCX and we have test drove an X-45 with the LY6 but think the X45 might be a little out of our budget so maybe the X-star would fit our needs better , I would like to test drive one with the 8.1 engine just to see the difference . I have heard it might be an overkill with that larger engine

duckguy
10-18-2007, 03:44 PM
8.1 eats oil-=lots of it, gas and makes 25hp more than the LY6. the cost is not worth it in the least

gew
10-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Great boat. I like the color. Here is my second boat.

Tourney Team 197
10-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Very nice. Congratulations and welcome to the club!

Jim@BAWS
10-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Tell your dealer you want the tower reinforcements too. They should be able to provide them for free & it'll make that tower a lot safer.

Welcome & good luck.

Not AVAIL on X-Star and x-80 Towers

Jim@BAWS

GREAT LOOKING BOAT...I will have to order one into
stock with those colors HA HA HA

GreenSpirit Hydro
10-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Magnum - Mine is the Saltwater X-star and has the Indmar 6.0 375 hp. Granted I am new to boating and might not be the best to ask, but my boat will rip a rider out of the water very quickly. I just got the boat and have never had more than four people in at a time. This weekend it should be packed full of a couple friends and hopefully lots of SILICON!

pq2
10-18-2007, 04:47 PM
dont forget to take pictures......of your boat also

AirJunky
10-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Not AVAIL on X-Star and x-80 Towers

Jim@BAWS

Wow, thats just an accident waiting to happen. So only the rest of the X boats? ie; X-1, X-2, X-15, etc.?

Hope you guys aren't loading those towers down too much & bouncing thru the chop. Saw an X-Star on Shasta about a month ago, tower was cracking from the weight of the speakers & boards & all the movement.
Read a number of threads on this forum where people are saying theirs are rock solid. But then I see Samson replacing them all day long. The one on my dock is far from rock solid, especially with the bozo pullin tubes all summer from it.

Chief
10-18-2007, 05:18 PM
I am in Charleston, SC. I am surrounded by thousands of center console outboards. I have seen one tower in my 9 yrs in this city. Lots of good spots to ride, but its all salt water.

Head up to Moncks Corner and go to the tail race canal. All fresh water and always some glass to be found.

GreenSpirit Hydro
10-18-2007, 05:25 PM
Yeah I ride bush park in a friends Malibu, but I live downtown about 500 yards from the Ashley River so it beats driving 30 minutes to Monks Corner.

Roonie's
10-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Wow, thats just an accident waiting to happen. So only the rest of the X boats? ie; X-1, X-2, X-15, etc.?

Hope you guys aren't loading those towers down too much & bouncing thru the chop. Saw an X-Star on Shasta about a month ago, tower was cracking from the weight of the speakers & boards & all the movement.
Read a number of threads on this forum where people are saying theirs are rock solid. But then I see Samson replacing them all day long. The one on my dock is far from rock solid, especially with the bozo pullin tubes all summer from it.

I am pretty sure it says on a sticker right on the tower no pulling tubes from tower. I will have to check mine but can't because it is at dealer and has been for a month. MC is dragging its feet on the tower braces warranty for my boat.

Mikey
10-18-2007, 05:35 PM
......This weekend it should be packed full of a couple friends and hopefully lots of SILICON!

That is a brilliant idea! I have heard of using concrete, lead, etc. as alternate sources for ballast, but silicon, I think you might be on to something there :cool: :D

Bruce
10-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Welcome fellow sandlapper!(I am from Greenville went to USC wife is from Florence went to Columbia college) Traveled Charleston for years. Miss the roasted oysters and the she crab soup. Great looking ride! Hope you got the galvanized trailer. Someone from here was asking me to describe Charleston and I said "think New Orleans except with class"

michael freeman
10-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Magnum - Mine is the Saltwater X-star and has the Indmar 6.0 375 hp. Granted I am new to boating and might not be the best to ask, but my boat will rip a rider out of the water very quickly. I just got the boat and have never had more than four people in at a time. This weekend it should be packed full of a couple friends and hopefully lots of SILICON!

Love the Black and Yellow, you have a great looking boat.

BTW, I have the MCX (X-30) and on the first pull I asked my sister to take off easy (7 people in the boat). She almost ripped my arms off and I have a torn muscle to show for my first MC experience. I think you will be more then happy with your choice.

michael freeman
10-18-2007, 07:13 PM
double post

AirJunky
10-18-2007, 07:21 PM
I am pretty sure it says on a sticker right on the tower no pulling tubes from tower. I will have to check mine but can't because it is at dealer and has been for a month. MC is dragging its feet on the tower braces warranty for my boat.
No doubt about that. I doubt it's the reason for how flimsy all those towers are though. In my book, that sticker should say no pulling tubes from any point on a boat like this! :confused:

Footin
10-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Nice ride, take lots of pictures....of your female passengers.

Springer
10-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Well I think the 8 litre is the way to go. It has 50 more HP and a ton more torque. I had the 6 litre in the X15 and it was great. Gas everyday but always went there with 1/4 tank. Now I may only have a 1/8 so not a big deal. If you can afford the boat you surely can afford the gas. I have driven the 5.7...6litre and the 8....no comparison. Nothing like the feeling of the 8.

Springer
10-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Also....the 8 litre using oil? Never heard of such a thing?

TX.X-30 fan
10-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Also....the 8 litre using oil? Never heard of such a thing?

Very nice boat, love the colors.

I think he meant like oil that has been refined into fuel. :confused:

Jerseydave
10-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Nice X-star! You made the right choice with the saltwater series engine, should have plenty of power. What prop are you running?

Willski
10-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Congratulations, but with you being a newbie to MC's and Mastercrafts, I would like to add my 2 cents.

Please pay attention to where you are going. Just because you are in a boat on somewhat open water, doesn't mean you can drive around without looking.

It would be worth your while to take a boating safety course provided by your local coast guard, department of resources, or coast guard auxilliary. Trust me, you, if you haven't been around boats, you will learn a lot of small useful things.

It is really just common sense. I'm honestly not a pri*ck, but I am tired of people on our river driving close enough to my boat to reach out and touch them, while I have a ski rope out!!

In the meantime, have fun with your new toy!!!

PaulW
10-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Nice looking boat, I have a all yellow one. The SS was the only option that I would have wanted on the boat. We go to the Keys every year and this year the new Xstar is not going to see the salt

Lennyp04
10-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Nice boat, love the color combo!

kev88
10-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Great boat. I like the color. Here is my second boat.

Gew was that picture taken at Rambo Marine?

jss101
10-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Congratulations, but with you being a newbie to MC's and Mastercrafts, I would like to add my 2 cents.

Please pay attention to where you are going. Just because you are in a boat on somewhat open water, doesn't mean you can drive around without looking.

It would be worth your while to take a boating safety course provided by your local coast guard, department of resources, or coast guard auxilliary. Trust me, you, if you haven't been around boats, you will learn a lot of small useful things.

It is really just common sense. I'm honestly not a pri*ck, but I am tired of people on our river driving close enough to my boat to reach out and touch them, while I have a ski rope out!!

In the meantime, have fun with your new toy!!!

Ditto to all of that!
(Don't be like the jetskiiers on my lake - they just zoom around without regard to skiiers, swimmers, boarders, whatever! I've seen a lot of near accidents and a few real ones)