PDA

View Full Version : Loose pylon!!

spidermanspiderwoman
10-17-2007, 10:32 PM
I have a 1984 stars and stripes 190 prostar. The pylon has started to loosen on it slightly over the summer. I checked the collar where the ubolts are and they are tight. The play is coming where the T brace crosses. Anyone know what is the best way to tighten this up? I don't think I can access behind the T where the bolts run into the hull, but maybe someone out there has done this and can help. Thanks!!

txrunsvt
10-18-2007, 02:49 AM
If I remember, take the bilge cover off and tighten the bolts from that area. Mine did the same thing last summer.

spidermanspiderwoman
10-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Yeah, this is the best way to access the U bolt, however, you cannot access the back of the T cross section from here which is where I need to get to. There are 4 bolts at each end of the T's and I can't figure out how to get behind them. Thanks for the reply.

Monte
10-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Yeah, this is the best way to access the U bolt, however, you cannot access the back of the T cross section from here which is where I need to get to. There are 4 bolts at each end of the T's and I can't figure out how to get behind them. Thanks for the reply.

You are going to have to remove the floor panel. Mine is about 2 1/2 foot wide. about five foot long. you have to manuever it a little to slip it over the pylon, but it can be done..