PDA

View Full Version : 1980 S&S outboard on ebay

sdesmond
10-17-2007, 03:23 PM
I did not know they even made these. Would be a great restoration project.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1980-Mastercraft-Stars-Stripes-OUTBOARD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50443QQihZ001Q QitemZ110181756202QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

ski_king
10-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Check out posts 68, 69 and 70 on this thread.
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1786&page=7&highlight=rare+mastercrafts

east tx skier
10-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Check out posts 68, 69 and 70 on this thread.
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1786&page=7&highlight=rare+mastercrafts

I'm not sure this one is a jump boat though. The other one definitely was. The jump boats were much smaller (around 15--16 feet IIRC).

ski_king
10-17-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm not sure this one is a jump boat though. The other one definitely was. The jump boats were much smaller (around 15--16 feet IIRC).
Depends on what you call a jump boat.

MC made some boats for ski shows that could be driven over a jump/ramp. My guess is they were about 14 ft. long.

The boat shown was considered a jump boat because it was designed to be used to pull the jump event.

Rockman
10-17-2007, 05:25 PM
This is about the 5th time this boat has been Ebay. I'm not sure what the reserves were the last couple times.

You would think this person would at least clean out the junk inside the boat and maybe wash it up a bit before posting the pictures??? :rolleyes:

Monte
10-17-2007, 05:29 PM
You would think this person would at least clean out the junk inside the boat and maybe wash it up a bit before posting the pictures??? :rolleyes:

I had the same thought.. A little clean up would go a long way.. It'd be a real nice project for someone with a 250hp Honda 4 stroke laying around:cool:

east tx skier
10-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Depends on what you call a jump boat.

MC made some boats for ski shows that could be driven over a jump/ramp. My guess is they were about 14 ft. long.

The boat shown was considered a jump boat because it was designed to be used to pull the jump event.

I mean the 14 foot show ski run the boat over the ramp only 6 left in the world, one owned by Fletch N Me stolen then later recovered, featured in Caddyshack model.

Rockman
10-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Over the summer, my wife and I were discussing things we would buy if we won the lottery ($300 million or so) and we each wrote up long list of things to buy and places to go, etc. My list wasn't very long but pretty much summed up my dreams. I did include on it alot of people I would like to help out that were in financial distress.

So as we were comparing lists, I mentioned that I would like to have a collection of MCs...one for each year back to 1968. I would have them all done in mint condition.

The cool thing for me in the collection would include an old one like a 79S&S totally stock and then another 79 S&S custom with an MCX, etc.

My wife replied that she noted a problem with my list. She said that I needed to "re-organize" my list.

I kinda looked at her with a strange face and asked "why?"

She replied that I would have to move the "Huge Garage" before "Collection of MCs" on my list.

I looked at her and said "I like the way you think!" ;)

ski_king
10-17-2007, 05:38 PM
I mean the 14 foot show ski run the boat over the ramp only 6 left in the world, one owned by Fletch N Me stolen then later recovered, featured in Caddyshack model.
If I remember right Fletch tore out the transom by putting on too big of an outboard.

This is the best picture of one that I have seen.

east tx skier
10-17-2007, 06:02 PM
My father in law came very close to buying one that came on ebay out of TN a few years back. Just to have it and tool around in it was enough of a reason to look at it.

JohnnyB
10-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Any idea what the rated HP was on these boats???

ski_king
10-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Any idea what the rated HP was on these boats???
Not sure, but I know it is less than 80.
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=917&highlight=jump

VTJC
10-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Did you guys notice the date on the pics? 1999, wonder if camera was off or if the pics are the old? J