PDA

View Full Version : Whats better for Mildew Removing?

manny34711
10-15-2007, 02:24 PM
I have some serious mildew stains all over my upholstery in my 00 x-star I've been using Starbright Mildew remover. It works but you have to scrub for hours for it to completely come off. After its off I do a good rinse then use vinyl conditioner. Anyone know anything better that I can buy or mix from a local autozone or discount. What do you guys use? I want to get this thing done by tonight because WED is the day when winter riding come into play :)

Thanks doods

justinlkgb
10-15-2007, 02:31 PM
had a problem just like this. IT was caused by alge hitting the back of the boat and being misted into the interior on widy days.

Ohh this is not on my boat, but rather the folks, who used it little enough to have the same tank of fuel all year.

Tried 303, and Vinyl seat cleaner. Nothing worked, not soap water either.

I found the best thing in MY case was to use the Magic eraser... just be carefull, and you will most likely have to do the whole seat/bench area to make sure the seats look the same.

I think it like a microscopic sandpaper?

Hope this helps....OHH if you decide this route, i would reccomend getting them at a Sams club if possible, much cheaper and you get 8 per box!

manny34711
10-15-2007, 05:03 PM
This is what I did and it worked great! I just finished all the cushions, now its time to do the back rests, sunpad, and driver's seat (ran out of sos pads so I have the gf getting them :) ). I soaked the seats/cushions with Starbright Mildew & Stain remover. Let it sit for 30 minutes or so then use an S.O.S pad with water and scrub that baby till its clean. The s.o.s pad does most the work so its not too bad. After, just rinse it and soak it with vinyl conditioner. Works magic

jimmer2880
10-15-2007, 08:04 PM
had a problem just like this. IT was caused by alge hitting the back of the boat and being misted into the interior on widy days.

Ohh this is not on my boat, but rather the folks, who used it little enough to have the same tank of fuel all year.

Tried 303, and Vinyl seat cleaner. Nothing worked, not soap water either.

I found the best thing in MY case was to use the Magic eraser... just be carefull, and you will most likely have to do the whole seat/bench area to make sure the seats look the same.

I think it like a microscopic sandpaper?

Hope this helps....OHH if you decide this route, i would reccomend getting them at a Sams club if possible, much cheaper and you get 8 per box!

I had the same problem. Ended up needing to Majic Eraser the entire boat since it did such a great job.