PDA

View Full Version : loud neighbors

sand2snow22
10-15-2007, 01:39 AM
I need some opinions. We have some newer neighbors adjacent to us that are disrespectful. To give you a little history, a lady owns the house. It's a rental :mad: I know her name, but I don't have an address or phone number! Before these people moved in she rented it out by the room and it was just as bad. Currently, there seems to be 2 families of 3 living there, a grandma and her boyfriend half of the time, an uncle and his new girlfriend. So 10 people. They all have cars (except the kids) that line our street. Including double parked in front of my house and usually a problem getting the ole MC out of the driveway.

I have a newborn son, two weeks old. I'll give you a typical week. On Wednesday we were awaken at 1 am to a verbal domestic dispute. The uncle and his new girlfriend. More of the same on Thursday, but at 10pm. Last night there was a double birthday party that went on from 3pm to midnight. I called the cops at 11 pm for noise, but I don't think they ever showed. They're all alcoholics and throw beer bottles into the recycling in their driveway, which is next to our room and the baby's room. This happens all day and all night

I am only comfortable confronting one person that lives there. The rest are shady. And more shady people seem to be hanging out there all the time. A few weeks ago my (at the time very pregnant) wife was taking a nap and thought she heard them talking about growing weed? She isn't sure, though?

I've been in touch with our local neighborhood policeman via e-mail, not about the weed, just about the noise. He recommended some dispute resolutions counseling? What's there to dispute, my neighbors are white trash and I'm not? Speaking of, the super loud and shady uncle comes home today with what seems like a bunch of scrap metal him and his friend stole?

As I type this one of them is revving their engine and taking off directly in front of my house! Serious opinions needed. Thanks.....

Leroy
10-15-2007, 02:06 AM
Pick the most obviously wrong time and call the cops. At the same time complain to the homeowner.

"dispute resolutions counseling".... what kind of joke is that.....

However, much of what you mention is disrespectful, rude and really inconsiderate, but may not be against the law.

milkmania
10-15-2007, 02:11 AM
simple fix....

but you gotta follow directions

1) dial 911

2) say "shots fired"

3) hang up

when you are questioned, simply say I heard something that sounded like gunshots next door.

you think it sounds extreme?

what put me over the edge was when one of our "shady neighbors" caught my wife at the end of our long driveway requesting her cell phone to "make an important phone call"

well, the idiot made several calls to tell someone to save him a "couple of eights", he'd pay them one the 1st.:mad:

oh yeah, the drug task force got all the numbers and names he called;)

SunCoast 83
10-15-2007, 02:41 AM
I'd give them directions back to the trailer park they rolled out of....maybe keep it simple and draw them a "napkin map" :) Sorry to hear of your trouble's . Especially with a newborn.

tuffenuff
10-15-2007, 03:32 AM
Same story, different block! Loud cars, music and parties etc; all day and all night! Made a call to local police about a possible meth lab, and whalla, after numerous police cruises, one half of the trash moved out and I'm forseeing the other half moving when they can find another place to set up shop. But the police are already tuned in..

sand2snow22
10-15-2007, 04:13 AM
At the same time complain to the homeowner.

I know her name, but I don't know her address or phone number to complain. At the very least, any time there is a problem, I would like to be able to call her.

This is all I got, but I'm afraid the county isn't going to have her current address, her mortgage was recorded in 1999:

http://www.portlandmaps.com/detail.cfm?action=Assessor&propertyid=R124770&state_id=1N1E16BA%20%2018400&address_id=568515&intersection_id=&dynamic_point=0&x=7639803.268&y=703356.579&place=7132%20N%20ATLANTIC%20AVE&city=PORTLAND&neighborhood=ARBOR%20LODGE&seg_id=104775

AirJunky
10-15-2007, 04:19 AM
Go ask the trailer trash what her number is.

Roonie's
10-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Maybe this is the landlord?

http://www.helloportland.com/WP/D/Delong.cfm

Delong, M A
(503) 281-1143
Portland, OR

School Skier
10-15-2007, 10:32 AM
Wow, sounds like at our cottage! If you have to call the Police tell them you are very angry and are redy to go there yourself. Talk to the owner first though!

Maristar210
10-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Wait until the next time they are good and toasted. Call the police and tell them you hear loud noises like glass breaking and you thought you saw someone with a knife in hand through the adjacent window. Explain they are always having domestic issues and the loud music and partying is nearly non stop.

See what happens after that. I bet at least one has an outstanding warrant so that may diminish the numeric count in play at the residence.

After the initial contact with law enforcement call each and every time you hear them being noisy. The level of BS tolerance decreases by about 50% each time an officer has to show up to a pain in the *** residence due to the same domestic issues. After the same officer or group of officers show up to a residence three or so times they will be making statements to the residents that if they "have to show up here again someone is going to jail".

They do not have to know its you. Explain when you call you fear for your safety if you approach them and the officer will instruct you not to have any contact with them.

You have no obligation to contact the landlord. He has little or no effect on his tenants anyways. So screw that person.

If it happens every night call EVERY NIGHT. The problem will surely diminish inside of one or two weeks. Just make sure you are discreet about it so they are not aware of the source of the complaint. Never ever stand on your front porch in plain veiw when the police officers arrive, in fact before you call close all doors and windows and shut off most of the lights.

Officers get tired of the same BS just like you and I might. Be persistant and be anonomyous.

If all else fails BriEOD and I could pay them a visit

wakolman
10-15-2007, 11:00 AM
Do you live in a part of the city that is mostly occupied by homeowners, renters, or some of both? If there are other rentals nearby, I think that you might be living in a "less than ideal" neighborhood. Or check with the city zoning and see how many people can legally live in a house. If they are all related (or it is a two family and there are two large families in there) then you might not get anywhere, but it might be worth a try.

You haven't mentioned moving as an option, so I will throw that out there. That is something that YOU control.

Keep the pressure on them, even say something to them about the beer bottles hitting the trash can. "you could drink more beer if you didn't have to walk outside to throw the bottles away".;) If you don't ask them to keep it down, they might not consider the idea.

It sucks when your neighbors ruin what you work hard for. I built our house a year ago, and after we had started, the neighbor's house sold and was turned into a group home.:mad: The suprising thing about this is that it isn't the eight disabled residents who live there that are the problem. It is the 2-3 around the clock staff who pizz us off. They take a ton of smoke breaks together and talk on their cell phones at all hours (on the side of the house which is closest to us). I have to remind them that we are trying to sleep when our lights are off and they need to shut up. I have considered contacting my alderman and seeing if he/she has any problem with what they are doing. I think landlords and private businesses operating in single family residential neighborhoods should be held to a higher standard. It only takes one to ruin a neighborhood for all.:( I am already looking forward to moving.:twocents:

JimN
10-15-2007, 11:24 AM
I haven't read all of the other posts yet but there are ordinances that cover this stuff. Your police should be doing something about it but apparently, aren't. Go to your city/town's website and look in the ordinances and codes. If the noise ordinance says people need to be quiet after 10:00PM, put that in the document that you print out. Growing weed, domestic disputes, cars being parked like a demo derby- add those, too. Look up what a landlord's responsibilities are. Add them to the document. Include this in a letter to the police chief, cc it to the higher ups in the city government if you get no action.

You can call every night but at some point, the police will consider you a nuisance, too. If they are called, show up and can verify the disturbance, they need to write it down. Just driving up and talking about it means nothing.

Calling and saying "Shots fired!" and hanging up will get you a visit, too. If you say there's a bunch of yelling and "the guy may have a gun", it's less urgent and won't PO the cops as much when they find no gun. That's crying wolf and if you think you're being ignored now, try that and see how much attention you get.

"This is all I got, but I'm afraid the county isn't going to have her current address, her mortgage was recorded in 1999"

Whoever owns the house, pays property taxes. They get an annual tax bill. They know the property owner/s address, trust me. You may be able to go to the city website and, by entering the address, it'll indicate the name, possibly the address and phone number. If not, go to city hall- this is all public record stuff. Google the person. If they're shady, there's probably at least one news story about them. Have others call about the people in the house. If others call, they will likely do more than if only one calls.

I have had issues with people around the corner from me and when he woke me up with fireworks, three times between midnight and half past, I called and asked if a squad car could go to "the hillbilly's house" and told them which one. The cop who answered chuckled and sent one. This guys yard looks like crap, is overgrown with weeds, vines, buckthorn and never trims the shrubs. His dad owns the place, he does yard work. Worst yard in the neighborhood. They're getting another call about that stuff but he has been quieter lately.It works but the police need to be called.

milkmania
10-15-2007, 12:15 PM
I know her name, but I don't know her address or phone number to complain. At the very least, any time there is a problem, I would like to be able to call her.

This is all I got, but I'm afraid the county isn't going to have her current address, her mortgage was recorded in 1999:

http://www.portlandmaps.com/detail.cfm?action=Assessor&propertyid=R124770&state_id=1N1E16BA%20%2018400&address_id=568515&intersection_id=&dynamic_point=0&x=7639803.268&y=703356.579&place=7132%20N%20ATLANTIC%20AVE&city=PORTLAND&neighborhood=ARBOR%20LODGE&seg_id=104775

www.switchboard.com (http://www.switchboard.com)

http://switchboard.intelius.com/results.php?ReportType=34

JimN
10-15-2007, 12:41 PM
If they're listed, fine but that link, anywho.com and the rest won't be of nay use if she's not, or if it's in that name to hide someone else. I would go to City Hall and look in the property folder. The Portland website indicates that there have been complaints filed over their not disclosing it on the site but you can go there or call to get it.

Also, find all of the city ordinances and make notes, take photos of violations with date stamp in the photo. E-mail them to your alderman/person/thing and demand a reply to your message. Get them involved- it's their job to make sure the people in their district/ward are OK with what's going on there. If they don't care or won't do anything to improve things, find a new person for that position. Make noise at the local meetings, if needed. Do it intelligently, but any hard proof you can come up with will be hard to refute. Record the fights, get video/photographic proof. There's a house not far from me where the neighbors say there's drug activity, fights, noise, loud parties, etc. They were at the neighborhood meeting and complained about it but had they called the police when it was happening? No. The police chief lives a block away and he hadn't been contacted about it, either. He heard about the house through e-mails that were forwarded to him.

Just about everyone has a cell phone and/or digital camera. Almost all of the cell phones have cameras now. Use them.

Maple Leaf
10-15-2007, 01:25 PM
This is probably not what you want to read, but for the sake of you and your family you should pack up and move. I've seen it time and again where people with kooky neighbours fight for years and for what? Sleepless nights, property damage, and high blood pressure. It's just not worth it.

JMHO...good luck.

phecksel
10-15-2007, 01:33 PM
If they're listed, fine but that link, anywho.com and the rest won't be of nay use if she's not, or if it's in that name to hide someone else. I would go to City Hall and look in the property folder. The Portland website indicates that there have been complaints filed over their not disclosing it on the site but you can go there or call to get it.

Also, find all of the city ordinances and make notes, take photos of violations with date stamp in the photo. E-mail them to your alderman/person/thing and demand a reply to your message. Get them involved- it's their job to make sure the people in their district/ward are OK with what's going on there. If they don't care or won't do anything to improve things, find a new person for that position. Make noise at the local meetings, if needed. Do it intelligently, but any hard proof you can come up with will be hard to refute. Record the fights, get video/photographic proof. There's a house not far from me where the neighbors say there's drug activity, fights, noise, loud parties, etc. They were at the neighborhood meeting and complained about it but had they called the police when it was happening? No. The police chief lives a block away and he hadn't been contacted about it, either. He heard about the house through e-mails that were forwarded to him.

Just about everyone has a cell phone and/or digital camera. Almost all of the cell phones have cameras now. Use them.

All great ideas, but in the real world, no longer work. Good friend of mine not only has tried the officials route, but has had to defend an incredible amount of lawsuits from her neighbors plus an incredible amount of property damage. Neighbors have actually filed suit against her for their own violations. Craziest thing I've ever seen. Twp officials have told her, it's a neighbor dispute, and they don't get involved in neighbor disputes, even if there's ordinance violations.

You've probably seen the drama my wife went through for over two years on city council, all because she was trying to do the right things. We had so much damage and harassement, she finally gave up.

beatle78
10-15-2007, 01:46 PM
you know, all the advise you got about calling about "SHOT's FIRED", "I think someone has a knife and I heard glass breaking and screaming" (say it in a TERRIFIED voice)

Is the BEST advise in my opinion! It has the potential of yielding the best results quickly. :)

milkmania
10-15-2007, 01:53 PM
All great ideas, but in the real world, no longer work. Good friend of mine not only has tried the officials route, but has had to defend an incredible amount of lawsuits from her neighbors plus an incredible amount of property damage. Neighbors have actually filed suit against her for their own violations. Craziest thing I've ever seen. Twp officials have told her, it's a neighbor dispute, and they don't get involved in neighbor disputes, even if there's ordinance violations.

You've probably seen the drama my wife went through for over two years on city council, all because she was trying to do the right things. We had so much damage and harassement, she finally gave up.

my county sheriff's office advised me to get an attorney instead of bothering them over my neighbor's loose pit bull

JimN
10-15-2007, 02:10 PM
phecksel- "All great ideas, but in the real world, no longer work."

Depends on where the situation is taking place. Also, civil disagreements are not the business of the police, but when ordinances are violated, it is their gig. If they still won't deal with it, it becomes time to go higher up the food chain. If it's city or county-wide, why does someone really want to live there?

Your wife gave up? Then they won. The rest of your city/town lose. If too many people are afraid of the politicians, get the state atty involved.

Maple- it's a lot easier for renters to move than homeowners, and WTH should he move when the dirtballs next door are too stupid to be quiet?

"you know, all the advise you got about calling about "SHOT's FIRED", "I think someone has a knife and I heard glass breaking and screaming" (say it in a TERRIFIED voice) Is the BEST advise in my opinion! It has the potential of yielding the best results quickly"

That can also get someone arrested.

sand2snow22- How about leaving a note on the door, asking them to be quiet after the noise ordinance states, keep their yard clean and stop parking in front of your house? Print out the ordinances and include them in the note. They're lowering the value of your property. If you can prove the values in your neighborhood are dropping when they're not in other areas, you may have a case against them and the landlord. Find out if the landlord has other properties with the same kinds of problems. Look for any code compliance issues, photograph them, call the city about them. If any work has been done to the house that would normally need a permit, the city will probably love to hear about them- they don't like being cheated out of their permit fees and usually double them when work has been done without collecting.

sand2snow22
10-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks for all the good advice. I sent an e-mail to officer friendly last night and I got this today:

Hey Bryan, I will probably try and go knock on there door this week and try and get a feel for what is going on. I will be sure not to mention you specifically, but will mention complaints from neighbors in general. I hope that is okay.

So that is good news. I also, paid $12.90 and got two other addresses and 2 phone numbers for the landlord. Now I can't decide if I should write the letter to her and try to get other neighbors to sign it or if I should have my attorney write a threatening letter.

My neighborhood and street are kind of unique. It's the last affordable, close in (5 min. to downtown) neighborhood left in Portland. So, great appreciation can come at a cost. In the last two years I have seen two very close neighbors living the American Dream. Both have basically been married, moved in with their significant other and kept the house on my street as a rental. Reverse gentrification if you ask me. Their tenants have been great. It's the tenants next door who are always the problem! I'm a firm believer in two types of tenants, good and bad.....

Bruce
10-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Do they appear to have the resources to continue paying the rent or is eviction just around the corner! (The way we judge their financial status around here is by how many cars they have jacked up in the front yard!)

sand2snow22
10-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Do they appear to have the resources to continue paying the rent or is eviction just around the corner! (The way we judge their financial status around here is by how many cars they have jacked up in the front yard!)

They have one in the driveway on jack stands. What are my odds?

Monte
10-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Unless the landlord is within ear shot I doubt she is going to be able or willing to do much about it. Especially if they pay on time. Plus it is extremely hard to kick tenants out. It may be different if you can prove that they are destroying her property. The police can help, but only if they have something to charge them with. Unfortunately disturbing the peace is a slap on the wrist type thing. If you smell "weed" I would call the police immediately. That will give them probable cause to seach the residence. If you really don't want them in your neighborhood ask police to "step up" patrols in your area because you feel unsafe with the amout of traffic coming to that house..

I would wake up early every morning and make as much noise as I possibly could first thing!!! Do you have a need for a new roof? Do you own a Harley? What I am proposing is to HELP them make a decision to move on their own....

Roonie's
10-15-2007, 03:22 PM
I was talking to a DEA agent once and he said they can always tell a meth house by several distinguishing features. If they have a car or two that has a blue tarp over it in the driveway. 5 or more propane tanks in the back yard.

sand2snow22
10-15-2007, 03:34 PM
I would wake up early every morning and make as much noise as I possibly could first thing!!! Do you have a need for a new roof? Do you own a Harley? What I am proposing is to HELP them make a decision to move on their own....

My roof is pretty new, no Harley....I've already thought about pointing the back of the boat at their house and blasting the stereo early in the morning, but I'm trying really hard not to stoop to their level!

sand2snow22
10-15-2007, 03:36 PM
. 5 or more propane tanks in the back yard.

If they had propane tanks, don't you think I would have shot them by now? 8p

dmayer84
10-15-2007, 03:39 PM
How many bedrooms are there in the house. Currently we are waiting for my friends neighbors to get kicked out by the town. One family started renting the house, now about a year later there are 4 familys in a 4 bedroom house. They have been reported to the town for stacking and the town is showing up there everyday.

MIMC
10-15-2007, 03:44 PM
We had the same issue (actually two of them) in our sub - both renters! Thankfully we have a very tight sub-division and will not tolerate that sort of garbage. I know it's a pain in the a$$ and it makes you crazy having to deal with these idiots, all at the same trying to keep your family safe!:( Keep calling the police and your county sheriff, not 911! Have the other neighbors call as well. Provide your neighbors the street address and the phone number to your local police and sheriff department - make it conveinent and easy for the neighbors to call. If they are "shady" then I would recommend not even contacting them or asking them to stop. We never approached them b/c we knew they would not stop! Not contacting them will hopefully limit any "back-lash" directly at you or your family! Persistance does pay off, it takes time but does pay off. We had the one house evicted and the other house had several arrests for drug possession and theft. Both houses vacant today and both owners know the sub is not happy with them!

Just my 2 cents........

sand2snow22
10-15-2007, 03:56 PM
How many bedrooms are there in the house. Currently we are waiting for my friends neighbors to get kicked out by the town. One family started renting the house, now about a year later there are 4 familys in a 4 bedroom house. They have been reported to the town for stacking and the town is showing up there everyday.

I think it's 3 or 4 bedrooms, and I'm pretty sure they have people living illegally in the basement. Rumor has it that the old, old owner had a bunch of girls, so he put a sink in every room!!

dmayer84
10-15-2007, 03:58 PM
I think it's 3 or 4 bedrooms, and I'm pretty sure they have people living illegally in the basement. Rumor has it that the old, old owner had a bunch of girls, so he put a sink in every room!!
Try calling the town for stacking. They will then definately find out about the people living illeaglly in the basement and the landlord will find out about it immediately as they will probably get fined for it. For some reason around here they will jump on that faster than anything else. Large number of cars in the driveway does not help their case, for my friend each car is registered in a different state.

JimN
10-15-2007, 04:00 PM
"It's the tenants next door who are always the problem! I'm a firm believer in two types of tenants, good and bad....."

More likely, the landlord doesn't care what kind of nuisance they are to you or anyone else, as long as they get their rent payment. If the owner has never been contacted about these problems, they won't know that their action is needed. They may/may not care. If they don't care, dig up as much dirt on them as you can and make owning that house unbearable. Make it so there's no benefit to them.

Have your local code compliance person/department write the letter, or write a petition and have all of the neighbors sign it.

sand2snow22
10-15-2007, 04:07 PM
"It's the tenants next door who are always the problem! I'm a firm believer in two types of tenants, good and bad....."

More likely, the landlord doesn't care what kind of nuisance they are to you or anyone else, as long as they get their rent payment. If the owner has never been contacted about these problems, they won't know that their action is needed. They may/may not care. If they don't care, dig up as much dirt on them as you can and make owning that house unbearable. Make it so there's no benefit to them.

Have your local code compliance person/department write the letter, or write a petition and have all of the neighbors sign it.

Yes, the last time I saw her was when she kicked out the tenants renting by the room. It seems one of them went off his meds and locked himself in the basement. 7 cop cars showed up that night. The very next night she kicked everybody out at 4 in the morning. We give each other the stink eye every time we see each other. I'm afraid I really might go off on her the next time I see her b/c she doesn't care about me or this neighborhood. She just cares about herself and collecting a rent check. Well, I'm going to make her care!!

sand2snow22
10-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Try calling the town for stacking. They will then definately find out about the people living illeaglly in the basement and the landlord will find out about it immediately as they will probably get fined for it. For some reason around here they will jump on that faster than anything else. Large number of cars in the driveway does not help their case, for my friend each car is registered in a different state.

Thanks, I was wondering what it was called.

JimN
10-15-2007, 04:11 PM
"Plus it is extremely hard to kick tenants out."

Depends on the reason given and whether their activities are forbidden by law or the lease.

Also, if a landlord knows of illegal activity, like growing, selling and smoking pot but does nothing to stop it, they risk losing their property.

I own a duplex and because the last renters didn't GARA about how much work it took for me to clean up after them, I was incredibly tight when it came to finding the current one. Keeps it clean, I have no problems at all and I allowed a dog, even though I wouldn't have before.

Landlords who only want to collect a check are a large part of the problem and they really need to make an effort to know what's happening with their property/properties. If they have a lot and they're all rented to people like these, they need to be forced to make nice with neighbors of the rentals. They don't have to like each other, just a little consideration would be a good thing.

Roonie's
10-15-2007, 04:12 PM
You an report them on this website.

http://www.rottenneighbor.com/counties/multnomah.php

sand2snow22
10-15-2007, 05:02 PM
You an report them on this website.

http://www.rottenneighbor.com/counties/multnomah.php

The internet is such a beautiful thing:

http://www.portlandonline.com/auditor/index.cfm?a=18211&c=28732

Inspector will be there within 5-7 business days!!

Monte
10-15-2007, 05:06 PM
"Plus it is extremely hard to kick tenants out."

Depends on the reason given and whether their activities are forbidden by law or the lease.

Also, if a landlord knows of illegal activity, like growing, selling and smoking pot but does nothing to stop it, they risk losing their property.

There is your ticket S2S! Tell the landlord that you suspect illegal activities in the home, via registered letter. She will have to go check the residence. If there is something illegal going on you can expect new neighbors..;) If there is not you will have to go back to the drawing board.. :(

sand2snow22
10-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Well, no luck with the inspector today. :mad: I saw him pull up to the house. 2 of the 8 cars were home. The inspector called me to let me know that he knocked on their door, nobody answered and he can't really do anything unless they invite him in. He said they can have 10 people living there, but the biggy is nobody can live in the basement unless they have an egress window. I said I'm pretty sure they don't have one, but he said we can't do anything unless they have proof.

They've been pretty good so far this week with the exception of a couple of shady guys only coming to the house at night. Makes me think drugs. Our neighborhood police officer is still supposed to pay them a visit this week. We'll see how it goes.

I know where the landlord lives now and I have 2 phone numbers for her. I'm not sure I want to reveal my identity, yet. What do you guys think? A letter/phone call from me, a letter from a lawyer, a letter from me and some close neighbors? Or wait to see if the police visit helps?

KnoxX2
10-17-2007, 10:27 PM
I would do a letter and address it from the Neighborhood. This way you could keep your identity safe.

rektek
10-17-2007, 10:42 PM
I'd find a home in a nicer area and just move. It's just a house and life is simply too short to be mad in your own home.

TX.X-30 fan
10-18-2007, 12:09 AM
you know, all the advise you got about calling about "SHOT's FIRED", "I think someone has a knife and I heard glass breaking and screaming" (say it in a TERRIFIED voice)

Is the BEST advise in my opinion! It has the potential of yielding the best results quickly. :)

I think so to, good call!!!

sand2snow22
10-28-2007, 05:08 PM
This is a picture of the house across the street taken last weekend. The truck belongs to one of the loud neighbors. This weekend he decided to park on the parking strip in front of my house, although barely on my grass. Should I A) Pour sugar in his gas tank B) Blow up his truck or C) Call 911, shots fired, I've just killed a man? D) All of the above?

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/bryanmclean18/DSC04662.jpg

Leroy
10-28-2007, 05:14 PM
I wouldn't go after the petty stuff as they can start getting nasty back.

I would keep trying to find a silver bullet in the form of something clearly illegal and call the cops.

I would also contact the homeowner and tell her what is going on, she could be having payment problems and looking for a reason to kick them out. Who knows what is in the contract they signed.

This is a picture of the house across the street taken last weekend. The truck belongs to one of the loud neighbors. This weekend he decided to park on the parking strip in front of my house, although barely on my grass. Should I A) Pour sugar in his gas tank B) Blow up his truck or C) Call 911, shots fired, I've just killed a man? D) All of the above?

sand2snow22
10-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Yeah, all in fun. ;) I have written this, and I want to send it after I have my friend, who is also my lawyer takes a look at it:

This letter is in regard to the past and present tenants you have at (address). We wanted to make you aware of some problems we have with these tenants. Currently, there is an abundance of people living there with a minimum of 6 to 8 cars parked up and down the street. They are most likely violating Title 29-Overcrowding, and the city of Portland has been made aware of these violations.

Your tenants can be very disrespectful and they have complete disregard to the people around them. On many days of the week, they party at all hours, day or night. The documented behavior coming from your house includes: loud, foul voices, public intoxication, public urination, noise, domestic disputes and illegal drug activity. The police have been made aware of the noise code violations, domestic disputes and illegal drug activity.

Given the character of your tenants, we are not comfortable in approaching them. We would appreciate you looking into these matters. Thank you for your time.

88 PS190
10-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Ammonia in the gas... better than sugar anyday...

sand2snow22
10-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Ammonia in the gas... better than sugar anyday...

Thanks for the info!! Would go nice with a nice key line on the side :D

sdesmond
10-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Im sorry I did not read all the replies. Im in a little of a rush. Just a hint. You should be able to go to the court house and ask the county assessors office who owns the property. It is public information and they will give you the information.

TMCNo1
10-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Im sorry I did not read all the replies. Im in a little of a rush. Just a hint. You should be able to go to the court house and ask the county assessors office who owns the property. It is public information and they will give you the information.

You should also be able to go to your local (City/County) government wedsite and look up on their maps and by using your tax/block/house #'s. Enter your info and on the maps it will also give you the info of the owners of deed that are in the neighborhood around you. All this is public record.

sand2snow22
10-28-2007, 06:51 PM
You should also be able to go to your local (City/County) government wedsite and look up on their maps and by using your tax/block/house #'s. Enter your info and on the maps it will also give you the info of the owners of deed that are in the neighborhood around you. All this is public record.

Yes, I have their information including all of the addresses they own and the phone numbers in their name!!

JimN
10-28-2007, 07:46 PM
If they park on your grass, have them towed. Yeah, I know- the city owns the 14' from the edge of the curb and you maintain it, just like here.

Make an anonymous call to the DEA, saying that you suspect there's illegal drug activity going on. Do it from a pay phone while wearing gloves and tell them that you want to remain anonymous.

ShamrockIV
10-28-2007, 08:44 PM
I have 4 daughters that range from 8 to 3 so i understand ur worry. I am with alot of the people on here. I would call the cops at each and every opportunity!!! I might even ask the cops why someone would need alot of propane and sudafed!! Too bad u are not in TN i could help you since i have good friends on the drug task force!!! I have never had to much prob with neighbors since i live in the country but i do hope that you come to a solution for you and your families sake!!!!

atlfootr
10-28-2007, 09:35 PM
call cops!
that's Y you pay taxes!

JimN
10-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Send some hookers over there and when they get there, make sure the cops are there, too.

tex
10-28-2007, 11:35 PM
Tell the police that they ride jet skis, tubes, or drive one of the other boats!