PDA

View Full Version : Set shallow warning level on depth gauge

vision
10-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Anyone know how to set the shallow warning level on the multi-function LED gauge. Our X2 has always flashes shallow know matter the water depth (up to 75 feet). The depth gauge works and is accurate. But it would be nice to get rid of the shallow warning regardless of the depth.

Thanks

WTRSK1R
10-15-2007, 08:44 PM
I cant help with the how to question, but I can tell you that mine only flashes shallow when in less then 3 feet of water.

All I got.

MC2000190
10-15-2007, 08:47 PM
is this an option that is able to be added to a MC?

WTRSK1R
10-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Not sure what year it started, but at the bottom of the tachometer there is a display that includes Water Temp, Engine Hours, and a Clock. If you have the depth gauge module, then it includes depth and air temp in the same display. The neat thing is regardless of what you have the display set for, it automatically switches to display the word Shallow and the depth and then flashes back to the Clock, Engine Hours, or what ever else you have it set for. So the darn thing is smart enough that it knows you want the depth when you are getting shallow even though you did not have it set for depth. Mine goes into this mode at 3 feet, I would not think it was so neat if it did it at 75 feet.

MarkL
10-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Seeing that you're from the Southeast, it's probably working perfectly.

vision
10-16-2007, 08:02 AM
Your right. We may need to put wheels on our Mastercraft pretty soon.

There must be a way to reset the alarm level.

1boarder
10-16-2007, 08:18 AM
on the 06 x1, you could toggle to the depth and then hold the down side of the toggle for 5 seconds and it would then let you change your shallow alarm to whatever you want. Check the manual for the more detailed instructions. Someone probably got in this menu and set your shallow alarm at 75 feet.

Its a nice feature because I set the depth different depending on what river or lake I am on. Some places, I would prefer to know when I am in ten feet and others, it rarely gets deeper than 15.