PDA

View Full Version : Home Based Businesses

jeverett
10-14-2007, 02:10 PM
I am currently looking into something that I can do to earn a little $$ on the side with my computer at home. The reason that I am asking on this forum is because I respect you guys and can immagine that one or several of you are doing this or have researched this already. Like I said I don't want to get rich just earn some extra $$ I love my job and am not looking to leave. I am a night owl so staying up late to work on a website based biz is O.K. too.

Ryan
10-15-2007, 10:27 AM
I hear becoming a TT moderator pays pretty well. I was offered the job but it would have pushed me into to high of a tax bracket. 8p

All kidding aside, I know a guy who makes good money from starting a wedding video side job. Of course you'll need a good camera or two and some better editing software. That's all I've got.

jeverett
10-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Thanks for that info. I might look into that since a friend of mine does wedding photos I could tag along with him. I am thinking of selling stuff on craigslist.

swagboy
10-16-2007, 09:10 PM
jeverett:

If you're seriously after a home-based business, start thinking along the lines of information-based products you can sell, either by advertising on the internet or using traditional media advertising. Why? Because you can virtually automate the process so that customers makes the purchase, download the product, and you cash the cheques. We do the exact same thing with a seminar business.

May I suggest a copy of "The 4-Hour Workweek" by Tomothy Feriss? If you can get over the title, it's actually a really good read, with some great ideas for "automated" businesses.

As far as the wedding video idea goes... I say go for it if you're into it. One of our businesses is in a similar niche, doing real estate video tours, and my business partner also shoots weddings locally in the summer. Only problem? The income is limited to the number of hours you can shoot/work, unless you create a scalable model whereby other people do the actual work and you simply manage.

Either way, multiple streams of income are the way to go.

Good luck! Good on ya for stepping outside the box!