PDA

View Full Version : Correct Indmar Belt for 89 PS 190

alletric
10-14-2007, 12:05 PM
Can someone tell me the correct part number for a 89 Indmar 351 240 HP. The one that is on there now is an Indmar 72-5015 but all the adjustment is out and it has started to sqeek from being loose. I don't know if it has streched or if it is the wrong belt. Wanted to check before ordering it from Dim.

JimN
10-14-2007, 02:00 PM
They stretch- you can't change that but is there a Gates number on the one you have now? That's what they usually ship. You don't need an Indmar part.

alletric
10-14-2007, 03:20 PM
No Gates number, just the Indmar number. Yeah I don't really care who makes it, that is the only number I had for reference. Do you know what Gates number it is? I will Call SkiDim tommorrow and give them what I got and I'm sure they will know. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't tell them the number to a belt that was not suppossed to be on the boat in the first place.

JimN
10-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Honestly, if you walk into a parts store and they can't find a belt to match, they're hopeless. It's just a belt, nothing special. That way, you won't have to wait, either.

TMCNo1
10-14-2007, 03:31 PM
No Gates number, just the Indmar number. Yeah I don't really care who makes it, that is the only number I had for reference. Do you know what Gates number it is? I will Call SkiDim tommorrow and give them what I got and I'm sure they will know. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't tell them the number to a belt that was not suppossed to be on the boat in the first place.

Skidim part #1159, http://www.skidim.com/products.asp?dept=1050

alletric
10-14-2007, 03:31 PM
I went but they Dayco belts they had were alot wider but same legnth. They still fit in the pully groove though. Does it need to be thay skinny little belt that is on there now? It looks a little flimsy to me anyway.

alletric
10-14-2007, 03:48 PM
According to the SKIDim sight they get them from NAPA so I will head there. Thanks Jim and 1.

alletric
10-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Apparently what was confusing me and the auto store was as the belt had streched in legnth, it got narrower and was only a 1/4" wide. I got the belt from NAPA and everthing looks a lot better with no sqeek. I thought the new belt was too wide but the old belt had gotten smaller. Thanks again.

TMCNo1
10-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Another satisfied Customer!