PDA

View Full Version : Salmonella ????

fintek9
10-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Was just thinking on the way in to work at HOW many salmonella outbreaks going on in the last 6 month alone! From meat to vegetables to potpies, Plus the recalls on toys and the such! My God don't these companies care anything about quality of there product except meeting quotas?

TMCNo1
10-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Was just thinking on the way in to work at HOW many salmonella outbreaks going on in the last 6 month alone! From meat to vegetables to potpies, Plus the recalls on toys and the such! My God don't these companies care anything about quality of there product except meeting quotas?

No!:rolleyes:
The general public is gullable, screw'um!

mpm32
10-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Some think the problem is that we are too clean now.

Take a look at this;

http://www.slate.com/id/2175569/fr/flyout

After lunch though. ;)

JimN
10-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Or, maybe the employees don't care enough to do their jobs well. Cleaning produce shouldn't be that hard if they follow procedure. Actually reading the ingredient list in the paints selected would help, too. Are they not sending MSDS sheets along with the bids and project docs? I could probably ask a friend to find out what happened in the Mattel case- he's marrying some who works for them and she's been dealing with the aftermath.

milkmania
10-12-2007, 02:25 PM
if there's one weak link in the manufacturing process, it screws up the whole system.

I used to bust my butt keeping my milk the cleanest possible, but if the CIP operator was slacking on the job and didn't get my tanks clean, I couldn't produce a clean product.

I bout pinched a vietanamese guy's head off once.... I was the pasteurizer and he was the gallon filler.... one of his empty gallon jugs on the jug line was dented....he pulled it off the line and used his mouth to blow the dent out!:noface:

it was a usual process for him

I freaked out!:eek3::rant:

Jerseydave
10-12-2007, 03:14 PM
if there's one weak link in the manufacturing process, it screws up the whole system.

I used to bust my butt keeping my milk the cleanest possible, but if the CIP operator was slacking on the job and didn't get my tanks clean, I couldn't produce a clean product.

I bout pinched a vietanamese guy's head off once.... I was the pasteurizer and he was the gallon filler.... one of his empty gallon jugs on the jug line was dented....he pulled it off the line and used his mouth to blow the dent out!:noface:

it was a usual process for him

I freaked out!:eek3::rant:

What, you mean that's not S.O.P. ?

milkmania
10-12-2007, 03:38 PM
What, you mean that's not S.O.P. ?

perhaps, in vietnam