PDA

View Full Version : X-star heater with extra fat sacs

Jerseydave
10-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Does anyone know if the heater will be in the way for extra sacs in the rear compartment? I'm looking to get the heater for next spring, plus want some extra ballast too. How big of a sac should I go with?

vision
10-14-2007, 08:08 PM
We run the Fly High fat sacs for the X star in our 2008 X star with a heater. The sac does just touch the heater core and fan box when the sac is 3/4ths full. I have not filled the sac all the way, but at 3/4 full the contact is minor and did not interfere with the water hoses or electronics or fan air flow. I think a full sac would still be ok but have not tried with the heater running.

We have the best shape wake with the fat sacs under the bow seats full, the fats sacs in the starbaord and port storage 3/4ths full, and no ballast in the stock system. We do however use the stock system to balance the weight of pasengers. Filling the stock ballast does increase the size of the wake, but it often loses its lip.

Jerseydave
10-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the input. How much weight do those front sacs hold?

I'm thinking of a pair of 400# sacs for the rear compartments and some lead in the front under the seats. I should be able to fit at least 250# under each front seat.

Today we ran the stock ballast plus (2) 500# sacs in the rear compartments and only 200# up front. It def. needed more weight in the front, but the wake was still nice and big! The boat would get on plane if I had more weight up front.

vision
10-15-2007, 11:33 AM
The entire 4 sac system holds 2400 lbs. I believe the front sacs each hold 400 lbs. So we are running 800 lbs up front (full sacs) and about 1000 lbs in the rear (2 partially full sacs). I have not plumbed mine into the stock ballast system. The Tsunami pump Fly High sells is quick so I will probably never plumb into the stock system.

PaulW
10-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the input. How much weight do those front sacs hold?

I'm thinking of a pair of 400# sacs for the rear compartments and some lead in the front under the seats. I should be able to fit at least 250# under each front seat.

Today we ran the stock ballast plus (2) 500# sacs in the rear compartments and only 200# up front. It def. needed more weight in the front, but the wake was still nice and big! The boat would get on plane if I had more weight up front.

What Prop and engine do you have?

I had a pair of 275 lbs that I plumed into the factory, it is sweet to fill and empty. Once you have this set up you will never go back. It's easy to do.
I do need more weight and am going to get the bags this winter. I am thinking of a pair of 400 in each back compartment and then move the 275 up front. I do run the factory ballast as well. I'm not that good so I don't want to run to much weight and burn more fuel than is needed. I question, how much wake is really needed?

Jerseydave
10-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Too much weight.......I'm with you there!

I def. don't need an excess amount of weight for my ability, and with (2) 400# sacs hooked into the factory pumps plus another 500-600# of weight under the front seats, the wake should be perfect for me and all my younger friends! :)

That would make 1400# extra weight on top of the factory ballast, no need for 2400# IMHO.

I've taken Jeff Barton out several times with only factory ballast plus a 500# sac in the walkway and he nails every trick he's got with big air and no problems.

Jerseydave
10-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Engine......MCX

Prop will be changed next year to the OJ 14.25 X 14.5