PDA

View Full Version : Sox tix - would you buy from this guy- need quik FB, thx

mitch
10-10-2007, 09:46 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Indians-vs-Red-Sox-ALCS-GAME-1-Fenway-Park-10-12-07_W0QQitemZ200161435046QQihZ010QQcategoryZ16122QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Says his dad had the tix in Boston and he's selling for him? I'm a little leery due to FB, only negs are tix related. I asked for a pic of the tix and he did send. Thoughts? Thanks a lot!!

wakolman
10-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Dad can't get rid of tickets in Boston, so he has to mail to Cali to put on ebay? C'mon, don't you guys in Boston give your first born for a pair of playoff tickets? On the other hand, most of his feedback is from ticket sales, so apparently someone is happy with the tickets they have bought from this seller. I guess the only problem is the shipping issue. Can you get them in time for the game.

Good Luck.

mitch
10-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Thx for the reply! Dad is in the Boston area, but does not have an ebay acct. so he asked #1 son for help. Tix would ship tomorrow from Bos next day. Would have game day by noon. Guy has been off ebay for 2 years.

bcampbe7
10-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Not a high enough eBay user rating for me...

mitch
10-10-2007, 10:01 PM
That's what I'm thinking. I'm scared :)

wakolman
10-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Tix would ship tomorrow from Bos next day. Would have game day by noon.

Tix are in Boston? Can you arrange a pick up? That is what I would do. If you had another day to be sure you were going to get them in time, then the mail option would work. It just seems like it is cutting it too close for me.

mitch
10-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Tix are in Boston? Can you arrange a pick up? That is what I would do. If you had another day to be sure you were going to get them in time, then the mail option would work. It just seems like it is cutting it too close for me.

Pickup is 10 bucks, and paypal transaction needs to be completed prior. Thx

mitch
10-10-2007, 10:09 PM
At least he did not leave neg FB for the 2 people who left him neg. I hate when they do that, instant red flag for me

mitch
10-10-2007, 10:14 PM
I asked him to call me and he did. Just talked to him, sounds legit, still scared

wakolman
10-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Does he understand your concerns? Would he enter into a transaction with a seller that has his feedback? If he is legit, he should be able to make it work where you meet and pay in cash to his dad. Maybe a small paypal payment to show you are committed to finishing the transaction.

mitch
10-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Nope, needs it in full prior to meeting his dad. I'm reading the paypal protection (or lack therof) on their site. It's weak

wakolman
10-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Nope, needs it in full prior to meeting his dad.

Why? I mean, if you are asking all these questions, you are obviously concerned about being ripped off. Tell him his feedback sucks and it will be the reason that his tickets wont' bring as high of a dollar as they could. Caveat emptor.

If you don't already have an awesome TV, skip these tickets and consider the money you would have spent on them as a nice start towards an HD plasma and just watch the game.

Leroy
10-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Looks shady to me but could be legit, did you win?

mitch
10-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Hit 400 w/ shipping in a hurry, too rich for my blood. It was fun to watch the bidding. A few scalper types going at it heavy, and a guy who sniped it at the very last sec. good for him.

I'm all set on HD, so that will just have to do. Thanks for the replies and nice boat:love:

mitch
10-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Looks shady to me but could be legit, did you win?

Nope, like Beau said 90% just aint good enough. will prolly work out though, but too big a risk for 400 for me. Cya!

wakolman
10-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Keep watching, someone might have to dump a pair even hours before gametime, and they will put a "buy it now" on them at a reasonable price. I got a pair of Packers tickets last year that way. The seller listed them one minute and I hit refresh on the browser, they showed up, and I bought. They probably weren't online for more than 10 minutes. I sent my parents to the game. All I did was paypal the guy and told my dad where to meet him for the tickets. It worked out, but I wouldn't have done it if he didn't have +50 and perfect feedback.

jaysus
10-11-2007, 12:37 AM
Mitch,

Just hit craigslist Boston, there are over 700 listings for tix.

Andyg
10-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Nope, needs it in full prior to meeting his dad. I'm reading the paypal protection (or lack therof) on their site. It's weak

I wouldn't even waste your time trying to use the dispute resolution through Paypal. It is a joke. Whenever I buy stuff from eBay I use a credit card on my paypal account. That way if I get screwed I can just file a charge back with my credit card. Credit card companies don't loose when it comes to fleebay and paypal.

mitch
10-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the reply's guys. Did score tix today thru Stubhub. I've used them b4 and they are reliable. Straightway ctr field for $200. Tix were not even on their site this AM, I just checked again and they appeared. Go Sox!!!!!!!