PDA

View Full Version : Lake Wiley, NC/SC on NBC Nightly News

TMCNo1
10-09-2007, 07:36 PM
They had a segement on NBC Nightly News at Lake Wylie, NC/SC on how low the lakes are and how bad the drought is. If I can find a link to the video, I will post it.

JohnE
10-09-2007, 07:53 PM
I thought they got a lot of rain in the past week. I guess not...I know it rained a little, not enough I guess.

Cary K.
10-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Everything around here is in bad shape because of the drought. My local spot is more than 20' low. It is an incredible (and depressing) site to see.

ridesdirt
10-10-2007, 10:27 AM
I believe all the public boat landings on Lake Wylie are closed, except one, and it only has two ramps. It is depressing....

defender1009
10-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Not to be anal retentive and annoying, but it's Wylie.

Yeah, they just closed all the public ramps except one a week ago Friday (the same day I bought my boat---coincidence?). Partly because of the drought, but also they artifically lowered the lake another foot or two the following weekend to perform some maintenance on the turbines at the dam.

TMCNo1
10-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Not to be anal retentive and annoying, but it's Wylie.

Yeah, they just closed all the public ramps except one a week ago Friday (the same day I bought my boat---coincidence?). Partly because of the drought, but also they artifically lowered the lake another foot or two the following weekend to perform some maintenance on the turbines at the dam.

Thanks!
I never noticed, damn, everyone showed up at the wrong lake last year, that's wierd!:D

defender1009
10-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Sorry----after two semesters as an English major I had to change b/c I could barely take myself anymore---old habits die hard I suppose.

Wiley or Wylie, I'm looking forward to it next year!