PDA

View Full Version : Prop Repair

tall_ andy
03-10-2005, 09:04 AM
With the season just around the corner :D It is time to start looking to get all those things I've put off all winter done. One of those is sending the prop out for repair. I have a stainless 13x13 that has a few nicks. Can anyone recommend a good prop repair place that does stainless?
Thanks

BrianM
03-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Buy a new Acme. ;) There is still time to get in on the group buy at a great price.

east tx skier
03-10-2005, 09:55 AM
If it's a non-CNC OJ, send it to them. They may handle the XMPs, too. I got it done for $85 plus shipping on a 4 blade last season.

Cloaked
03-24-2005, 04:21 PM
An abandon thread... :pissed:

LOL

I know of an excellent place in Knoxville, TN if you come back to the thread. PM me and I'll be glad to get you their point of contact. I have had several props repaired and rebalanced there. They do excellent work.

tex
03-24-2005, 04:24 PM
i dropped my 4 blade off yesterday at B and B here in FW. $90 and ready by tomorow. they do great work!

jsonova99
03-24-2005, 04:25 PM
does anybody know any good places in central Florida? I have the original 3-blade that needs some serious re-work

Cloaked
03-24-2005, 04:30 PM
There are several "original 3-blades" for sale, here on the board.

They are reasonable in price.

Just a thought.

T Scott
03-24-2005, 04:33 PM
does anybody know any good places in central Florida? I have the original 3-blade that needs some serious re-work

Most dealers in Florida send their prop work to Admiral C&B prop service. They are located in Tampa, Fl and do great work. Another prop shop in Central Florida is Halls Prop service in Christmas, FL. (In between Orlando and Cocoa Beach. I've sent a few props to them over the years. Good Luck!

lakes Rick
03-24-2005, 06:47 PM
I took mine into the local Bayliner dealer.. They send them out once a week to a prop repair shop a couple of hundred miles away.. Check with any of your local boat dealers if they offer the service..

OH and it came back so perfect you would think it was brand new, and talk about a difference on the water.. Even small dings or dents make a world of difference on a prop.....