PDA

View Full Version : Bearing Buddy Size? & Lug bolt size

87MCProstar
10-08-2007, 01:49 PM
hey guys need to replace lug bolts and bearings on my trailer, just curious of the dimensons so i can pick up what i need. its a 90 MC trailer, even though the boats an 87.

TMCNo1
10-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Contact them, they will have all the info and can maybe even sell them to you. http://www.bearingbuddy.com/

As for the lug nuts/studs, contact Unique Functional Products for the their info, http://www.ufpnet.com/ They also have a bearing protector system called Trailer Buddy and I currently are running them with no problems over the last 10 years.

Just tell them you have a 1990 Mastercraft trailer and whether it has brakes or not.

stuartmcnair
10-08-2007, 03:26 PM
I just took my 89 and replaced the hubs, bearings and bearing buddies. If you have never done so then you need to. Years of dropping them in and out of the water can alter the metal and the BB's might not fit exactly right. You are looking at less that $200 for a complete replacement. Worth every dime especially if you use it a lot.

TMCNo1
10-08-2007, 04:45 PM
I just took my 89 and replaced the hubs, bearings and bearing buddies. If you have never done so then you need to. Years of dropping them in and out of the water can alter the metal and the BB's might not fit exactly right. You are looking at less that $200 for a complete replacement. Worth every dime especially if you use it a lot.

Just tell him to buy a new boat, problem solved!

87MCProstar
10-08-2007, 05:25 PM
stuartmcnair,
do you have any information or part numbers of the parts that you used?? i don't have brakes on my trailer so it sounds like everything you used i'd be able to use the same stuff. thanks

stuartmcnair
10-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Mastercraft is very good at using industry standard parts. I took off the hub and the guy at the autoparts store took about 30 seconds to hand me a new one and everything I needed.

SunCoast 83
10-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Im replacing mine next spring. I have the original 1983 MC Trailer under mine. but I think its still very similar to an 87, or 89. We do a lot of towing , so its a good investment.