PDA

View Full Version : need some help

bepresto
10-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Hello all. The family and I just moved to the Springfield, Mo area for her job. She is working in Branson, Mo. I had to give up my job back home in Wichita, Ks to come here. That is not a big deal, because I have been wanting to get out of selling cars anyways. I have always loved coming down to table rock lake and love this area. My problem is that we have now been here almost three months and have not found a job yet. I was just wondering if anyone may have some connections in this area or any ideas for me.

milkmania
10-08-2007, 12:12 PM
shoji tabuchi:uglyhamme

seriously though, what other trades are you into or considering going into?
Computers?
Mechanics?
Sales?
Government?
Retail?

etc.......

atlfootr
10-08-2007, 12:15 PM
I just moved to the Springfield, Mo area and I have been here almost three months and have not found a job yet.
I was just wondering if anyone may have some connections in this area or any ideas for me.

Check w/ these guys, they maybe able to help.

Panhandlers pocket $4.6M in Denver, CO.

The Denver Business Journal

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Denver residents give panhandlers about $4.6 million a year, according to a new survey that also found most people believe panhandling is a serious problem.

The survey was done by the Downtown Denver Business Improvement District (http://www.bizjournals.com/search/results.html?Ntk=All&Ntx=mode matchallpartial&Ntt=%22Downtown%20Denver%20Business%20Improvement% 20District%22) and the Denver Office of Economic Development (http://www.bizjournals.com/search/results.html?Ntk=All&Ntx=mode matchallpartial&Ntt=%22Denver%20Office%20of%20Economic%20Developme nt%22) and served to quantify for the first time how much money is given to panhandlers.

Of those surveyed, 72 percent said they believed panhandling was serious problem.
The survey also revealed the problem isn't isolated to the downtown area.
Just 13 percent of those surveyed pointed to downtown as the place where they most often see panhandlers.

The city is hoping to redirect people who give to panhandlers, asking them to instead donate to programs through Mile High United Way that will help the homeless.

The survey was done by interviewing 600 people by telephone June 29-30.

bepresto
10-08-2007, 01:17 PM
already talked with shoji, yakov, and the shepard. I believe I want to stay in sales. There are a lot of openings in the pharmaceutical industry, but have found that it is hard to get the foot in the door. Are there any tmc'ers in this industry.

TheOneandOnly
10-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Walgreens is hiring, do you have a degree?

bepresto
10-08-2007, 02:30 PM
yes, BA in Sports Administration

Leroy
10-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Water ski/wakeboarding instructor ;)

T Scott
10-08-2007, 03:10 PM
already talked with shoji, yakov, and the shepard. I believe I want to stay in sales. There are a lot of openings in the pharmaceutical industry, but have found that it is hard to get the foot in the door. Are there any tmc'ers in this industry.

I have been in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry for 11 years. I agree, it is hard to get your foot in the door, but once you do, you are in for a great career. There is lots of flexability, independence and very good financial rewards.
The best way to break into the industry is to get a referral from an inside employee. I work for a very large california based biotech company and I hear we get 600 applications for every sales job posted. Obviously with all the resume's that are received it is easy for anyone's resume' to be overlooked. If you would like, send me your resume' and I will be happy to see if there are any sales positions in your geographic area. My email is tjscott919@aol.com

Good luck in your hunt!

bepresto
10-08-2007, 03:24 PM
on its way, thank you.

bepresto
10-09-2007, 01:45 PM