PDA

View Full Version : 206 Million Dollars Cash

atlfootr
10-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Any of you guy's need a loan?

JimN
10-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Wasn't that Hussein's personal stash? Oh, sorry- he had a BILLION DOLLARS in US currency.

I'm not greedy- I'll take the short row.

Roonie's
10-08-2007, 11:12 AM
I will take some.

atlfootr
10-08-2007, 11:15 AM
WORLD NEWS
Police find $206 mln in drug cash in Mexican house

By Reuters
Saturday March 17, 04:00 AM

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexican police found $206 million of drug-smuggling cash stuffed into suitcases, drawers and closets in a mansion in an exclusive neighborhood of the capital, the attorney general's office said on Friday.
Seven people were arrested at the house in the Lomas de Chapultepec district, where police discovered wads of U.S. bank notes in bulging cases and stacked to the ceiling in closets.

Mexican media said the haul was four times the amount of drug cash confiscated in Mexico during all of last year.
The mountain of money was taken away in a van, guarded by two dozen cars. Police also seized six Mercedes-Benz vehicles, firearms, around 200,000 euros and machinery used to make pills, the attorney general's office said.
The raid was a success for Mexican President Felipe Calderon in the crackdown on drug cartels that he launched after taking office last December.

"This is the biggest seizure, not just in Mexico but perhaps in the world," Calderon said of the cash find, which took place on Thursday night and Friday morning.

"I don't want to think about how many young people this gang was poisoning with its drugs, but I can promise them they won't do it any more."

In January, Mexico extradited several drug kingpins to the United States, including Osiel Cardenas, boss of the powerful Gulf cartel.

Police said the money belonged to a drug gang that smuggled chemicals used to make methamphetamine, a powerful stimulant.

Calderon, a pro-business conservative, has sent thousands of troops to drug crime hot spots including his home state of Michoacan, whose mountain ranges are riddled with laboratories producing methamphetamine for export to the United States.

The attorney general's office said the gang operated behind a pharmaceuticals front company which imported tonnes of the chemical pseudoephedrine, used in making methamphetamine, from India.
The raid was the result of an investigation opened in December when police seized 19.5 tonnes of pseudoephedrine in Mexico's Lazaro Cardenas port, the attorney general's office said.

Mexican methamphetamine producers are muscling in on the U.S. market as police crack down on labs in the United States, according to a recent report by the U.S. Justice Department's National Drug Intelligence Center.
Following the U.S. crackdown, so-called superlabs that mass produce the drug have relocated to Mexico, where precursor chemicals like pseudoephedrine are more easily available. Calderon discussed Mexico's drug smuggling problem with U.S. President George W. Bush earlier this week in the Mexican city of Merida. Bush told a news conference the United States had a responsibility to reduce its drug consumption.

More pic's, if you can stand it :rolleyes:

http://fiyolo.com/cpg1410/thumbnails.php?album=15

Willski
10-08-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm thinkin the Mexican police are going to be driving new cruisers.

atlfootr
10-08-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm thinkin, the Mexican police are going to be driving new cruisers.No dout they've already added these bad boys to their arsenial :cool:
I mean com'on aleady and "Say Hello To My Little Friends".

milkmania
10-08-2007, 01:18 PM
WORLD NEWS
Police find $206 mln in drug cash in Mexican house

By Reuters
Saturday March 17, 04:00 AM

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexican police found $206 million of drug-smuggling cash stuffed into suitcases, drawers and closets in a mansion in an exclusive neighborhood of the capital, the attorney general's office said on Friday.
Seven people were arrested at the house in the Lomas de Chapultepec district, where police discovered wads of U.S. bank notes in bulging cases and stacked to the ceiling in closets.

Mexican media said the haul was four times the amount of drug cash confiscated in Mexico during all of last year.
The mountain of money was taken away in a van, guarded by two dozen cars. Police also seized six Mercedes-Benz vehicles, firearms, around 200,000 euros and machinery used to make pills, the attorney general's office said.
The raid was a success for Mexican President Felipe Calderon in the crackdown on drug cartels that he launched after taking office last December.

"This is the biggest seizure, not just in Mexico but perhaps in the world," Calderon said of the cash find, which took place on Thursday night and Friday morning.

"I don't want to think about how many young people this gang was poisoning with its drugs, but I can promise them they won't do it any more."

In January, Mexico extradited several drug kingpins to the United States, including Osiel Cardenas, boss of the powerful Gulf cartel.

Police said the money belonged to a drug gang that smuggled chemicals used to make methamphetamine, a powerful stimulant.

Calderon, a pro-business conservative, has sent thousands of troops to drug crime hot spots including his home state of Michoacan, whose mountain ranges are riddled with laboratories producing methamphetamine for export to the United States.

The attorney general's office said the gang operated behind a pharmaceuticals front company which imported tonnes of the chemical pseudoephedrine, used in making methamphetamine, from India.
The raid was the result of an investigation opened in December when police seized 19.5 tonnes of pseudoephedrine in Mexico's Lazaro Cardenas port, the attorney general's office said.

Mexican methamphetamine producers are muscling in on the U.S. market as police crack down on labs in the United States, according to a recent report by the U.S. Justice Department's National Drug Intelligence Center.
Following the U.S. crackdown, so-called superlabs that mass produce the drug have relocated to Mexico, where precursor chemicals like pseudoephedrine are more easily available. Calderon discussed Mexico's drug smuggling problem with U.S. President George W. Bush earlier this week in the Mexican city of Merida. Bush told a news conference the United States had a responsibility to reduce its drug consumption.

More pic's, if you can stand it :rolleyes:

http://fiyolo.com/cpg1410/thumbnails.php?album=15

reminds me of Bad Boys II
where Mike Lowry (Will Smith) and Marcus Burnett (Martin Lawrence) go into Johnny Tapia's mansion for his rat infestation:rolleyes:

Hrkdrivr
10-08-2007, 01:21 PM
That's a mighty fine-looking super-king-sized mattress!!!

atlfootr
10-08-2007, 01:23 PM
You definitly wouldn't want to drop a match on that, now would you?

Hrkdrivr
10-08-2007, 02:25 PM
NO smoking in bed!!

ski_king
10-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Looks like TMCNo.1 basement.